What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Cal Pregame/Game Thread

Hello Buffs nation. Here we are again with our two horrific football teams battling to see who is the second worst team in the Pac 12 (I’m assuming Cal can beat AZ, but then again who knows). Been an unusually depressing year in Cal land given we thought our super-senior laden team had a real shot as a dark horse in our “not awesome” conference. And then of course we found out that while the conference is not awesome we are very, very not awesome.

What the Bears have shown through six games is that they can complete with anyone and find inexplicable and heart-rending ways to then lose. I think we had confidence that we were an ok football team with some bad luck before the WSU game. Then that happened. Yikes. We then took Oregon down to the final play and managed to just barely lose to the alleged cream of the conference,. So what does that tell us? It tells us that locating a football team in a city covered in a haze of marijuana smoke is not a great way to win championships. i think we really need to look into crack as an alternative.

Anyway looking forward to welcoming my second favorite team in the Pac -12 back to Berkeley. Good luck to the Buffs on Saturday.
I'm going to Tahoe instead of the game.

I just remembered this now. My RA had webbed feet. Like the webbing between his toes extended past the base of his toe nail. Weirdest thing I ever saw. Should have been a swimmer.

Hello Buffs nation. Here we are again with our two horrific football teams battling to see who is the second worst team in the Pac 12 (I’m assuming Cal can beat AZ, but then again who knows). Been an unusually depressing year in Cal land given we thought our super-senior laden team had a real shot as a dark horse in our “not awesome” conference. And then of course we found out that while the conference is not awesome we are very, very not awesome.

What the Bears have shown through six games is that they can complete with anyone and find inexplicable and heart-rending ways to then lose. I think we had confidence that we were an ok football team with some bad luck before the WSU game. Then that happened. Yikes. We then took Oregon down to the final play and managed to just barely lose to the alleged cream of the conference,. So what does that tell us? It tells us that locating a football team in a city covered in a haze of marijuana smoke is not a great way to win championships. i think we really need to look into crack as an alternative.

Anyway looking forward to welcoming my second favorite team in the Pac -12 back to Berkeley. Good luck to the Buffs on Saturday.
Your defense will be able to sleep walk through this game. CU's offense is historically bad. You won't need much effort there, or as much as the CU offensive coaches give every week.

So, even after going through the process of explaining the exact meaning, you’re still having trouble?
Take a lap, indeed.
I know you have a hard time taking accountability for the comments you make, but when the group takes what you say a certain way, maybe what you said and how you said it should have been more clear. Again, take a lap and let's just move on.

I know you have a hard time taking accountability for the comments you make, but when the group takes what you say a certain way, maybe what you said and how you said it should have been more clear. Again, take a lap and let's just move on.
Dude, aren’t you supposed to be bugging RG about setting up some sort of committee to get a regent elected?

Your defense will be able to sleep walk through this game. CU's offense is historically bad. You won't need much effort there, or as much as the CU offensive coaches give every week.
Historically bad offense? Ok, hold my beer.

In Cal you are talking about a team that managed to score an aggregate of 6 points against crazy Rolo and his band of undersized defensive tackles at WSU. A team that had a first down on the six yard line and in 8 plays couldn’t find the end zone at the end of the Oregon game. A team that has not gone two consecutive games in over two years (not joking) being able to kick all of its extra points - losing at least four games I can think of off the top of my head as a result.

What we specialize in is finding something that works (usually rushing) and then stopping doing that to show how awesome and balanced we are. And then of course discovering far too late that we are neither awesome nor balanced. it’s been a lot of fun to watch.

So yeah, I know what you’re feeling here. Oh yes I do.

In Cal you are talking about a team that managed to score an aggregate of 6 points against crazy Rolo and his band of undersized defensive tackles at WSU. A team that had a first down on the six yard line and in 8 plays couldn’t find the end zone at the end of the Oregon game. A team that has not gone two consecutive games in over two years (not joking) being able to kick all of its extra points - losing at least four games I can think of off the top of my head as a result.

What we specialize in is finding something that works (usually rushing) and then stopping doing that to show how awesome and balanced we are. And then of course discovering far too late that we are neither awesome nor balanced. it’s been a lot of fun to watch.

Hold my beer

EDA29F4C-C6CB-44B9-B224-BF2B970AB34D.jpeg

That's nothin'. Ours is worser. It took us 9 quarters to score a point.

Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

Take it easy on Rolo. He's a product of Marin.....

Did Cal break the record for most consecutive possessions without scoring a point?

Oh wait, that was this Colorado team.

That's where the "historically bad" moniker is appropriately coming from.

Look, Sebastabear got into Stanford, it's just that Cal was a better fit.

arrested development wink GIF by Vulture.com
Wait have we already devolved to the academic smack talk portion of the programming? If so I’ll just drop this here. But please note I’m still doing research on how terrible our offense is. You guys have like facts and stuff and it’s making me do work. Not nice.

Back