What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Just to be clear, we want no part of a former Buff for obvious reasons, but Grimes is an acceptable exception to that rule?

The thing about Walters is that he is likely a year away from being a legit HC candidate nationally. I’m all for staying away from Buffs, but of course we take that mentality when there are actually some candidates who would normally be OK to hire
Agreed. I'd prefer to take a chance on someone without Buffs ties but if it's going to be someone with those ties, the only two I would consider and be ok with would be him or Jeff Grimes. I'd still probably be pessimistic about it at first but I know I'd warm up to it really quickly.

The thing about Walters is that he is likely a year away from being a legit HC candidate nationally. I’m all for staying away from Buffs, but of course we take that mentality when there are actually some candidates who would normally be OK to hire
The Buffs would be his dream job, but who he would bring in for assistants would be the big things, hopefully all guys from the SEC or Big 10

This is going to be a decent year to be looking as well. Very good options on the list and the ones that have been thrown around here. There is no reason we should not end up with a good coach. No reason.

I'm not smart enough to know the strengths and weaknesses of each the individuals being mentioned. But I do know a few things:
1. I'd like a coach who actually possesses a personality. Someone who can relate with the players (and maybe somewhat importantly, their mommas), who will be engaging with the fans, and who isn't afraid of the media.
2. I'd like a coach who's most important attribute is is something (or several somethings) other than having been an assistant at CU previously.
3. I'd like a coach who is invested in the value of recruiting. I'm not expecting to compete with Alabama, I'd just like to not be competing with Old Dominion.
4. I'd prefer a coach who has experience working at one or more successful P5 programs, and who has the interest of other P5 programs looking for a coach.

I'm not sure whether I'm trying to catch lightning in a bottle, or if there are at least a few candidates who would fit my wish list and be interested in leading our program. But I'm sure that we have to do so much better than we have in the recent past. Crossing my fingers that our new President will insist on the best candidates being considered and the eventual new coach be given all of the support they need to put together a top-notch staff, a vibrant recruiting system, and a winning program.

Matt Rhule please?!

I’m also in on Gary Patterson, even though there’s been some people here who say he’s an asshole or soemthing

The Thing with Rhule is would they want to wait until early January after he gets fired? And of course that's assuming he gets fired. I think if he wins 8 or 9 games he's likely to keep his job even if they miss the playoffs.

Back