What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I feel like you’re being obtuse for a weird reason. He did not have to panic last time, but did so anyway. His decision-making is flawed to the point where he shouldn’t be permitted to make the coach hiring decision again. Yes, his mistakes occurred in the past. But the Dorrell hire is really a current mistake since the contract remains a major liability for the University of Colorado Athletic Department. If you agree that Rick George should have been fired already, then it is non starter that he should be allowed to hire a coach again.

Why do I think he’ll likely screw this one up? All of the evidence of his work product since Mel Tucker left demonstrates regression. I don’t know why the default assumption of a regressed employee is that he’ll magically perform well again.
I think in this instance, you are operating on emotion. You're angry that RG sucks and want him to be fired. That's a fine and supportable position.

I don't think f*cking up the days-long coaching search that brought us KD translates to your certainty that he will f*ck up this months-long coaching search. In fact, if you think the months-long search that ended with Mel Tucker's hiring was successful, that would seem to be the more relevant evidence. The two situations don't seem comparable.

In my experience, there are lawyers who can perform very well with lots of preparation, but will sh*t the bed if they need to change something up on the fly. Would you rather have one who will both prepare well and be able to think on her feet? Of course, but that doesn't mean that first guy won't do a good job in most cases.

Again, I'm not positing RG as someone who should remain in his job, just that I don't see the evidence that he will screw up this hire.

I think in this instance, you are operating on emotion. You're angry that RG sucks and want him to be fired. That's a fine and supportable position.

I don't think f*cking up the days-long coaching search that brought us KD translates to your certainty that he will f*ck up this months-long coaching search. In fact, if you think the months-long search that ended with Mel Tucker's hiring was successful, that would seem to be the more relevant evidence. The two situations don't seem comparable.

In my experience, there are lawyers who can perform very well with lots of preparation, but will sh*t the bed if they need to change something up on the fly. Would you rather have one who will both prepare well and be able to think on her feet? Of course, but that doesn't mean that first guy won't do a good job in most cases.

Again, I'm not positing RG as someone who should remain in his job, just that I don't see the evidence that he will screw up this hire.
The panicked reaction to Mel Tucker’s departure, his subsequent poor job performance, and recent terrible decision-making are the evidence.

if sanders can bring top talent to boulder then i am good with him. recruiting is the whole ****ing game to elevate to elite. i don't give a **** if he is difficult or inexperienced if he can ****ing recruit.

but, he ain't coming here.

if it makes sense, I'd love to hire the new coach during the football season, a la Texas tech last year. Give the new coach as much of a head start as possible

Interesting thought process here.
Never go full Herschel.
tropic thunder and almost breaks character completely GIF

This is good

Hear that every time. There’s always a high level of interest in the job. Then we go and hire a dip**** like KD.
The search firm is a good idea, though. It can help vet guys like Mendenhall and Herman and give us an idea of if they’re amenable to taking the job before we get too far into it.

Did RG really use a search firm to place Dorrell? I thought they just hung out in his kitchen and offered him the job. Also curious if this is same firm that brought Sark?

When you go to the college page and see the Featured Placements scroll at the bottom, it's actually Tucker that shows up, not Dorrell. That would be consistent with what Howell said, and I wonder if Dorrell making it on the main ticker for placements was a mistake and meant to be Tucker.

Back