What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Game Day has been to Boulder, just probably not in your lifetime! 2 times in 1995 and once in 1996. I think I slept through them both, too early to get up, but Fowler did attend and speak at a pep rally event the night before on the 1st visit in '95.
Ahhh thank you for the correction. I was 7 and 8 so I don't really remember (yes, I am actually about to turn 35 in a few months)

Look at it another way - you’re Prime and you have a generous budget to fill out a staff, talented as he is, are you really calling the guy who wanted your job and is probably disappointed not to be the HC? There are too many talented defensive coaches out there (including JSU’s current DC) to make that awkward marriage.

I know it’s a lot of Buff fans wet dream to have Prime as HC and Walters as DC but I don’t think it makes sense for either side. So not only do I think it won’t happen, I’d argue it shouldn’t happen.
Perhaps, but your reasoning is solely based on Walters being salty and creating a ****ty dynamic in the coaches room and locker room, which is think is highly unlikely.

Game Day has been to Boulder, just probably not in your lifetime! 2 times in 1995 and once in 1996. I think I slept through them both, too early to get up, but Fowler did attend and speak at a pep rally event the night before on the 1st visit in '95.

*clears throat*

20140222_COLLEGE_GAMEDAY_03521.jpg

It's been to Boulder twice like whoever wrote, probably at least once against Nebraska. Also, been on a few times as the road team, like '94. I'd rather forget about that one.

Perhaps, but your reasoning is solely based on Walters being salty and creating a ****ty dynamic in the coaches room and locker room, which is think is highly unlikely.
And I think Prime has no reason whatsoever to take that risk. Do they even know each other? It’s not like they have some long coaching relationship. So what makes anyone think that marriage makes sense? This is entirely about people wanting their cake and to eat it too - let’s get both guys! It doesn’t work that way.

And I think Prime has no reason whatsoever to take that risk. Do they even know each other? It’s not like they have some long coaching relationship. So what makes anyone think that marriage makes sense? This is entirely about people wanting their cake and to eat it too - let’s get both guys! It doesn’t work that way.
You're almost assuredly right, but there has been obvious interest in bringing Walters back to CU and I honestly find it strange that RG and TS would be swinging for the fences with a candidate like Deion and then have Walters as the back up plan. It's a completely different path, and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that there has been some discussion about trying to make it happen. Whatever, I'm not saying it will happen, but I think there's more merit to it than it just being a CU fan's wet dream.

I'd like to see Mike Zimmer come with Prime as DC, tbh.

It depends on the network that has both games. If ABC has CU/NU, than I do think Game Day would come to Boulder as it's never been to Boulder. If it's on FOX, I could see it being the site of Big Noon Kickoff with Klatt on the coverage.
Barstools weekly game is now the biggest event.

*clears throat*

20140222_COLLEGE_GAMEDAY_03521.jpg
Pretty sure I'm one of the Chip heads above Ben Mills. I spent the entire second half of the show drunkenly yelling "Listen to Me" at Digger because he got mad the students weren't listening to him during his (edit: weird dancing) monologue and started screaming at us. (cool story). I'm sure the people next to me really enjoyed that.

Last edited:
TIFWIW but I was listening to Chad Brown on 104.3 The Fan this morning and he said that one of the problems with CU football is that there is a "significant element" of the CU community that wishes that they didn't have a football team and that they resent the fact the football coach is the highest paid employee.

Those are who I consider the "academic elites." From now on I am just going to use the term "CU Brass" so as to only offend the CU Brass!
@Mick Ronson , what do you say? Is faculty hate of CU football a thing?

Back