What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Because Central Florida was already taken. This confusing system stems from the hubris at the University of Florida and to a lessor degree Florida State University. UF, and its friends in the legislature, refused to allow a system where by schools could be called UF Tampa, UF Orlando, UF Jacksonville, etc. Thats why you have names like FIU, FAU, FGC, etc.
The New College in Sarasota is the most interesting in the Florida public system. They have that “contract system” where each semester you make a deal to take a certain number of classes but only have to pass a portion of them, allowing you to experiment.

The New College in Sarasota is the most interesting in the Florida public system. They have that “contract system” where each semester you make a deal to take a certain number of classes but only have to pass a portion of them, allowing you to experiment.
I experimented my first go around in college and it resulted in abject failure. Way too much, umm, “experimentation.”

Last edited:
I'm sure they would love to do that, but it's a balance and CU doesn't have a ton of leverage. If Deion wants an easier out after 3 seasons, he may not want a massive buyout. Of course there will be something reasonable agreed upon, but that's why they may not be able to have a $10m/year buyout for every year of his contract.

On the other hand, if Deion is successful and decides he wants to leave CU, it would obviously be for a program like aTm or FSU that wouldn't think twice about paying a large buyout.
Buyouts are (were) cute but mean little in the end. Landscape is different. Get him in and deal w downside when we rock (if we get there)

Watching “Get Up” on ESPN News. The college “experts” are Paul Finebaum and Heather Dinich. When asked about Deion and CU, Dinich said it’s a great opportunity for him but he may consider waiting for something better. She said Deion would be a home run hire for CU because he can recruit nationally.

Finebaum said, “I think it’s a bad job and Deion Sanders knows that and obviously he has a game so he’s taking his time with this but he can do better from this view, there are a lot of, uh, really amazing opportunities I think he could get, particularly in the areas of the country where he can make the most impact. To win in Colorado you have to go to Arizona, you have to go to California. I’m not saying Deion can’t do that. Deion can recruit anywhere but I think he can do better in Florida, in the south and in Texas.”

I get so effing sick and tired of these national “experts” bashing CU. IT IS NOT A BAD JOB!! Screw that dickhead.
CU is absolutely a bad job. It wasn't a bad job when they hired RN, or Barnett, or even Hawkins. But it is a bad job now, and it was a bad job for most of the years after the Hawkins era. MM revived the job a bit from being a total teardown, and CU was able to hire Tucker as a result. Tucker then left them in the lurch, and it has become a bad job once again.

Deion can revive the program and make the CU head coaching job desirable again, but as of right now the CU job is one of the absolute worst power 5 jobs that exist.

CU is absolutely a bad job. It wasn't a bad job when they hired RN, or Barnett, or even Hawkins. But it is a bad job now, and it was a bad job for most of the years after the Hawkins era. MM revived the job a bit from being a total teardown, and CU was able to hire Tucker as a result. Tucker then left them in the lurch, and it has become a bad job once again.

Deion can revive the program and make the CU head coaching job desirable again, but as of right now the CU job is one of the absolute worst power 5 jobs that exist.
I don’t want to get into this argument. I think the point he was making is that CU is not in a good recruiting footprint and, thus, is a “bad job.” I don’t agree with that.

I don’t want to get into this argument. I think the point he was making is that CU is not in a good recruiting footprint and, thus, is a “bad job.” I don’t agree with that.
It's a challenging footprint. We are literally in the middle of the blue chip desert. The opportunity is that unlike other programs that don't have nearly enough recruitable talent within driving distance, it's such a great school/town/metro/state that most parents & their kids react to it very positively. With that, we've proven that this program can recruit nationally when the budget and leadership align to make it happen.

It's a challenging footprint. We are literally in the middle of the blue chip desert. The opportunity is that unlike other programs that don't have nearly enough recruitable talent within driving distance, it's such a great school/town/metro/state that most parents & their kids react to it very positively. With that, we've proven that this program can recruit nationally when the budget and leadership align to make it happen.
And it is very easy (and relatively inexpensive) to get to from most places in the country because of DIA.

The CU job was a horrible job, probably bottom 5 in P5, until a few weeks ago, when there was a commitment to overcome most of the issues that made it a horrible job. Prime overcomes the geographical and NIL issues for recruiting.
Have they given an update on the transfer rules, other than their reviewing things with plans to make changes?

Personally I want Deion and think we have a legitimate shot at landing him, but if UC offers then I think we're on to plan B.

My only regret about this coaching search is that most of the action has been in the Brazil thread for some reason
Yeah. It has been scoop or links to scoop, but beyond that it became most everyone's main discussion thread. I think this might be the first time on AB that general discussion of a driving topic mostly occurred in a membership only area.

Watching “Get Up” on ESPN News. The college “experts” are Paul Finebaum and Heather Dinich. When asked about Deion and CU, Dinich said it’s a great opportunity for him but he may consider waiting for something better. She said Deion would be a home run hire for CU because he can recruit nationally.

Finebaum said, “I think it’s a bad job and Deion Sanders knows that and obviously he has a game so he’s taking his time with this but he can do better from this view, there are a lot of, uh, really amazing opportunities I think he could get, particularly in the areas of the country where he can make the most impact. To win in Colorado you have to go to Arizona, you have to go to California. I’m not saying Deion can’t do that. Deion can recruit anywhere but I think he can do better in Florida, in the south and in Texas.”

I get so effing sick and tired of these national “experts” bashing CU. IT IS NOT A BAD JOB!! Screw that dickhead.
Prime needs to do this now. Son has 2 years left and JS is undefeated. This is the year to score.

Deion is coaching CU until the FSU job become open
Im Right I Mean It GIF by Desus & Mero

Because Central Florida was already taken. This confusing system stems from the hubris at the University of Florida and to a lessor degree Florida State University. UF, and its friends in the legislature, refused to allow a system where by schools could be called UF Tampa, UF Orlando, UF Jacksonville, etc. Thats why you have names like FIU, FAU, FGC, etc.
Growing up in CA it was very easy to identify public schools. I’m now often surprised to find out certain schools are public - such as those FL schools, Auburn, Clemson, U of Houston, etc.

Last edited:
Back