What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ USC prediction thread

Barkley plays until the half, SC up by 40. Embo caught on camera crying, Buffs in the abyss and still sinking. I could be wrong though.

I predict that I will be very drunk before I walk into the Coliseum on Saturday....I predict I will then no remember anything thereafter but will dream of a buff win and wake up in a euphoric state until I return back to Allbuffs to see what really went down :cry:

Aside from that....guessing the scores at this point is not much fun anymore

With murmurs that some of our team quit, or didn't believe that we could beat ASU at home despite only being down 20-17 at halftime, it's frightening what the attitude might be this week.

Additionally, it's downright humiliating and degrading that USC is "pretending" that we're Alabama by replacing our logos with Bama's for their scouting, etc. It is simply unbelievable that this level of ineptitude and atrociousness is not only tolerated by Benson and DiStefano, but that in some sick, twisted way, they actually like it and welcome it. The Pac-12 didn't invite us in for our academics. Yet somehow they believe we're too good academically to bother with football. Nevermind that Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC and Washington all have successful (or great) football programs.

This is going to be another week where the scoreboard nearly gets broken. If Fresno State could have put 120 on us had they not put in their third string after the 1st quarter, there is no reason to think USC and Kiffin won't beat the living **** out of us in order to make a statement.

It makes me sick that I am actually serious about this prediction:

USC 84
CU 0

...and meanwhile I'm getting emails from CU for a special "CU vs USC commemorative tshirts, watch parties, and party with the Buffs in LA". Why do we even bother if our President and Chancellor want us to be worthless?

Last edited:
Here's my prediction. Not a single 1st teamer plays a single snap for USC. That would make headlines. They play 2nd stringers till half and 3rd and 4th stringers beat us In the 2nd half. Half of USC isnt even on the field.

Actually I think academics probably played a pretty big role in CU's invitation to the PAC 12.

Actually Larry Scott invited us based on athletics, not academics. Does it play a role? Obviously, I wasn't trying to imply it played zero role. Besides, my main point was the attitude of Benson and DiStefano thinking CU's "elite" academics can't mesh with successful (or even mediocre) football when Stanford, UCLA, USC, Cal and Washington obviously prove otherwise

The main thing, though, is this is an athletic conference, not an academic conference, and football runs things. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:
Actually Larry Scott invited us based on athletics, not academics. Does it play a role? Obviously, I didn't imply it played no role. But this is an athletic conference, not an academic conference, and football runs things. It's pretty simple.

Actually, television sets and academics played the biggest role. I don't think the University of Colorado brings much to ANY conference's athletic repetoire at this time. Unless you want to count skiing and cross country as the mainstays of conference athletics. But the Denver market moved the conference footprint a little bit further east, and the strong academic background made it a very easy sale to the other members of the conference.

Actually, television sets and academics played the biggest role. I don't think the University of Colorado brings much to ANY conference's athletic repetoire at this time. Unless you want to count skiing and cross country as the mainstays of conference athletics. But the Denver market moved the conference footprint a little bit further east, and the strong academic background made it a very easy sale to the other members of the conference.

You'll find no argument from me on markets. But again, this is an athletic conference. The academics portion is just gravy that helped our cause (Utah isn't exactly a juggernaut). As long as you aren't a community college like Boise State, you're considered. Who knows what Larry Scott would have done if he had known we were due to become the biggest joke in FBS in terms of football.

You'll find no argument from me on markets. But again, this is an athletic conference. The academics portion is just gravy that helped our cause (Utah isn't exactly a juggernaut). As long as you aren't a community college like Boise State, you're considered. Who knows what Larry Scott would have done if he had known we were due to become the biggest joke in FBS in terms of football.

We just joined the conference. It's not as if we were setting the world on fire upon approach!!

We just joined the conference. It's not as if we were setting the world on fire upon approach!!

At least in '08 and '10 we weren't eliminated from bowl eligibility until the final game of the season. Everyone knew we needed some rebuilding, but at that point, it was conceivable we would make a decent hire and be back competing within a couple years instead of finding a way to make things much worse. At this point, we could be facing 2 decades of utter futility. I'd say our appeal has suffered a significant drop. One bad coaching regime is one thing...but this...

42-17. USC sleep walks through, plays freshmen in 2nd half. Buffs finish 1-11. Attendance in November dips into the high 30's. Embree is retained. Benson, DiStefano, Bohn pay lip service. Minor staff changes. Recruiting finishes 11th in the pac12. Season tickets dip below 20k. Webb plays the entire year in 2013. Buffs are pretty miserable again. 4-8 record. Recruiting is non-existent. Embree is fired. Fans regret retaining a coach 1 too many years. Perceived success pushed back another 2 years from an already extended 2015 date. Equaling 2017 for a possible bowl season.

That's my prediction. Out.

I hoped that would not be CUs future, but it looks more and more likely every day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

CU will not even score this game and usc needs to impress the pollsters... they might let off the gas at about 60 to nothing

42-17. USC sleep walks through, plays freshmen in 2nd half. Buffs finish 1-11. Attendance in November dips into the high 30's. Embree is retained. Benson, DiStefano, Bohn pay lip service. Minor staff changes. Recruiting finishes 11th in the pac12. Season tickets dip below 20k. Webb plays the entire year in 2013. Buffs are pretty miserable again. 4-8 record. Recruiting is non-existent. Embree is fired. Fans regret retaining a coach 1 too many years. Perceived success pushed back another 2 years from an already extended 2015 date. Equaling 2017 for a possible bowl season.

That's my prediction. Out.
me and you my Sir are drinking from that same tainted and spiked KoolAid keg... CU is down for a long time to come until the decision makers start truly caring

Back