What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL CU vs. ASU game thread 10/7/23

RE: the Shedeur watch controversy - I'm not going to waste any time policing college kids' behavior. But I do get the sense Shedeur is embracing the "heel" role, given the amount of hate his dad and the program have gotten from very serious football people. Which is objectively hilarious as someone who has followed this program for the last two decades, but I'm here for it.

Last edited:
RE: the Shedeur watch controversy - I'm not going to waste any time policing college kids' behavior. But I do get the sense Shedeur is embracing the "heal" role, given the amount of hate his dad and the program have gotten from very serious football people. Which is objectively hilarious as someone who has followed this program for the last two decades, but I'm here for it.

I literally watch him do that, think to myself, huh, people are going to be mad at that, and forget about it.

The people who annoy me are the ones who run their mouths and can't back it up. Shedeur backs it up every time, or in this case, earned it.

A$U running back took some cheap shots at Colorado players.
Towards the end of the game he got hit pretty and bounced his head off the grounds as he went out of bounds. As he was sitting there, there was person between him and the camera but you could see his right hand twitching and I’m pretty sure he had a concussion. He was back in a few plays later. But man, that dude wasn’t right.

I literally watch him do that, think to myself, huh, people are going to be mad at that, and forget about it.

The people who annoy me are the ones who run their mouths and can't back it up. Shedeur backs it up every time, or in this case, earned it.
I have zero issue with anyone swaggering into a competition, being a lightning rod as someone the other side desperately wants to beat, channeling that energy into performance, and then sticking scoreboard in their faces after winning. I love that our quarterback thrives in that heat and pressure.

Towards the end of the game he got hit pretty and bounced his head off the grounds as he went out of bounds. As he was sitting there, there was person between him and the camera but you could see his right hand twitching and I’m pretty sure he had a concussion. He was back in a few plays later. But man, that dude wasn’t right.

Skattebo? Yeah, they probably violated some rules about that. There was no way he wasn't concussed. He didn't know up from down for about a good 30 seconds there, and suddenly he's back in the game?

We're supposed to be better than that these days.

Yeah, I hate those takes. People said a whole bunch of negative stuff about Mayfield and Manziel.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Miami arrogance, USC fanfare and Bears Super Bowl shuffle, but I don’t feel like they were directly taunting any one with it. And I think my other issue is, we’re just not that ****ing good.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Miami arrogance, USC fanfare and Bears Super Bowl shuffle, but I don’t feel like they were directly taunting any one with it. And I think my other issue is, we’re just not that ****ing good.
"I took the L but walked around like I was undefeated"

That attitude - exuding winning as your natural odor - is something you're going to need to get comfortable with. Coach Prime's CU program is going to behave with a level of confidence that many will try to tear down and that may seem delusional at times. That's what this is.

That attitude - exuding winning as your natural odor - is something you're going to need to get comfortable with. Coach Prime's CU program is going to behave with a level of confidence that many will try to tear down and that may seem delusional at times. That's what this is.

Which is why everyone in this program from the coaching staff down to lowest walk on needs to know that every single team they strap up against is going to be hyped up to beat them.

I said last night - the only team that didn't come out and punch us straight in the mouth was TCU. The Nubs did it, CSU did it, Oregon did it, USC did it, and now ASU did it. It's all well and good that we're the better team in the 4th quarter every night out, but these slow starts are probably 75% due to the other team being more ready to play than we are, imo. If we're going to act like we're all that, we better know that everyone is going to be raring to go to shut us up.

Many of us think that if SS was playing behind a top-10 caliber O line, he would be competing for the Heisman. and having a lights-out season. Instead, it's endless sacks and pressure, limited opportunities - but no blaming, complaining. The worst I've heard him say, is 'we need all 11 guys doing their jobs on every play'.

He's performing damn well, under really difficult circumstances.

The watch stuff apparently amuses him, so it's fine with me.

(after Omarion Miller's big game last week, Michael Westbrook said there were 5 WRs just as good in the locker room. When are they showing up?)

What were the receiver groupings when Antonio was making his catches? It seemed like he was in one of the WR positions not TE, be it tight or split.

thanks for the good time, fubo. although our time together was very brief, i will fondly remember our relationship and your fine unwavering support for the hours we were together.
We'll be on PACN 1 more time this year.

March 22 2021, I met @Highlander IRL for the first time for a beer, right after we each got our Moderna jabs.

I mentioned, "I know this might sound crazy but would you have any interest in going to the ASU game and doing a Grand Canyon rim-to-rim the same weekend"

Dude didn't hesitate "yes!"

We planned for that year, but an injury threw us off and we cancelled. We managed to keep the idea alive and Highlander ended up driving most of the planning and logistics (props!)

Kinda glad... last night's game was really fun. Wouldn't have been so fun going to the 2021 game.

And Highlander went over the top having custom T-shirts made to commemorate the big weekend.

PXL_20231008_012134812.MP_1.jpgPXL_20231007_000522549_1.jpg

good win sloppy play.

we lose this game 99 out of 100 in the last few years.

i don't know why folks are so down about it. we got the W. beat stanford on friday and steal one more game and we bowl. that is magnificent.
Good perspective.

Seems that more than a few posters here are forgetting that less than a year ago we were fans of a team that lucked into one win and was an absolute embarrassment in most games, and had been most of the past couple decades.

When Prime has had a couple years to build his roster the way he wants it I will worry about style points. For now I'm just happy when we have more points on the scoreboard than our opponent.

March 22 2021, I met @Highlander IRL for the first time for a beer, right after we each got our Moderna jabs.

I mentioned, "I know this might sound crazy but would you have any interest in going to the ASU game and doing a Grand Canyon rim-to-rim the same weekend"

We planned for that year, but an injury threw us off and we cancelled. We managed to keep the idea alive and Highlander ended up driving most of the planning and logistics (props!)

Kinda glad... last night's game was really fun. Wouldn't have been so fun going to the 2021 game.

And Highlander went over the top having custom T-shirts made to commemorate the big weekend.

View attachment 65861View attachment 65862

Very cool. Glad you guys had a great time!

Yeah, I get all that. But I feel like there’s a difference in there, as nuanced as it may be.

Good perspective.

Seems that more than a few posters here are forgetting that less than a year ago we were fans of a team that lucked into one win and was an absolute embarrassment in most games, and had been most of the past couple decades.

When Prime has had a couple years to build his roster the way he wants it I will worry about style points. For now I'm just happy when we have more points on the scoreboard than our opponent.
So true. It’s just nice to get a W. It would have taken 4 years to get to 4 wins with the team from a year ago. We’ve come a long way already and future is bright.

Did you guys wear the shirts on the trail then to the game without washing them? Let those around you get a "sense" of your adventure. ;)

Very cool weekend.

Colorado Mountain Club used to schedule a Rim to Rim to Rim hike each year that I wanted to do but could never work out with my work schedule.

So true. It’s just nice to get a W. It would have taken 4 years to get to 4 wins with the team from a year ago. We’ve come a long way already and future is bright.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I love Rimming my friends Rims

Pretty sweet he was willing to go rim to rim with you! Celebratory shirts seem a tad next level for the occasion, though.

Thing 1 and Thing 2???

Seriously, cool that you guys did that! Glad you got to see a road win!

Back