What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CU corners, both 5’10 175-80, have 333 snaps between them. Four frosh are behind them in CB room. TCU has three receivers at least 6’4” 2+, one who will go in first round.
Wilson’s going to have to scheme his way to slowing down their offense. Obviously don’t have the personnel to match up 1v1 in the secondary. I would assume it’s press zone with a 2 high shell gameplan where they are relying on disrupting timing on the routes while banking on the front 4-5 getting a push and mucking things up at the LOS.

Wilson’s going to have to scheme his way to slowing down their offense. Obviously don’t have the personnel to match up 1v1 in the secondary. I would assume it’s press zone with a 2 high shell gameplan where they are relying on disrupting timing on the routes while banking on the front 4-5 getting a push and mucking things up at the LOS.
That makes sense.

Yes. You said you guarantee that I can’t win 12 bets. I asked you how much it’s worth (because I have actual people who pay me for picks) and you’ve so far been silent. Considering that you don’t pony up $20 for this site, my guess is that you don’t actually have any clue what you’re talking about (or know any sharps since broke dicks don’t hang out with sharps unless you’re running their bets).
Ha. That explains your “75-80 percent”. I look forward to your Saturday am radio show.

It's no doubt that the CU defense looks undermanned against TCU on paper. TCU averaged 435.8 ypg last year. But TCU also gave up an average of 461.8 ypg last year while going 5-7.

I've never seen J.T. Shrout play a single down of live college football and I'm guessing most folks here haven't either.

All by way of saying that IMO this game is a total crapshoot and in my mind a terrible game to bet. Seems like the current point spread is about right. Shocking!
Caveat Emptor....and Go Buffs!

Last edited:
Uhhhhhh. Huh? That post made zero sense.

This hole is deeper than you 10 win predictions over the last few years
Manhattan could be a good gambler, but he and I both know he doesn’t hit 60% long-term. I hope he one day let’s you down easy.

Manhattan could be a good gambler, but he and I both know he doesn’t hit 60% long-term. I hope he one day let’s you down easy.
You guaranteed he couldn’t hit 60 percent in first 20 bets. Even I did that last year. Now you move the goalposts. Just put up 20 and take the advice of others here to back off.

Since you’re broke and never learned to read…

(1) the high percentage many winners achieve applied to the first 3-5 weeks of the college season. The lines during this time are very soft. As the year progresses into conference play, the lines get tougher but there are still 5-6 soft lines each week.

(2) Over the last 9-10 years of betting European Football, our model has won us over 60% our total bets every season and 200-500 units in profit a year. I only sell the picks to one client. He pays me a lot. No show needed.

(3) You made a guarantee and have not been willing to back it up. Either put up or stfu.

Since you’re broke and never learned to read…

(1) the high percentage many winners achieve applied to the first 3-5 weeks of the college season. The lines during this time are very soft. As the year progresses into conference play, the lines get tougher but there are still 5-6 soft lines each week.

(2) Over the last 9-10 years of betting European Football, our model has won us over 60% our total bets every season and 200-500 units in profit a year. I only sell the picks to one client. He pays me a lot. No show needed.

(3) You made a guarantee and have not been willing to back it up. Either put up or stfu.
Ok John Anthony
ClassicSaneGraysquirrel-size_restricted.gif

CU corners, both 5’10 175-80, have 333 snaps between them. Four frosh are behind them in CB room. TCU has three receivers at least 6’4” 2+, one who will go in first round.
Bethel is a JR as well, but I agree with your point. Safety makes me more nervous due to the targeting penalties that can quickly get you into that 2nd and 3rd option.

But hey, we as fans actually have no ****ing idea what the depth chart is because, everything is a big secret with KD.

This is the first season in decade(s?) that I have paid very little attention to CU prior to the first game. Yes I renewed my tickets, but my energy for it is waning. Was about to ask about depth chart but I see just above by commentary it must not be out.
KD, staff, players have every opportunity to gain my focus and excitement. But will they?

Is the over under on TCU points less than 40?
I tried to look it up on DraftKings. It doesn’t appear it has posted yet.

Edit - NVM - found it on the 2nd try

07E061AC-B852-4898-B976-6A2D71386285.jpeg

Not sure I touch that at all. I want to drink the koolaid, but if the offense is performing as well as the hype, it likely means our defense is horrific.

Or they are FOS. I consider this more likely. Trying to give them confidence with 1’s against 3’s, etc.

I tried to look it up on DraftKings. It doesn’t appear it has posted yet.

Edit - NVM - found it on the 2nd try

View attachment 53614

Not sure I touch that at all. I want to drink the koolaid, but if the offense is performing as well as the hype, it likely means our defense is horrific.

Or they are FOS. I consider this more likely. Trying to give them confidence with 1’s against 3’s, etc.
So Vegas thinks it’s a 34-23 kind of game

We do not have the athletes to slow this one down. We can try and use clock with a running game but once they are behind by more than 2 scores and have to throw the ball, what out. That is when this team starts to get boat raced. The Buffs better be able to run, control the clock and score early or this will be a very very long day

I'm not buying into this game being an automatic TCU win. Look at their results last year.

They beat Cal 34-32 then lost to SMU the following weekend. They did manage to beat Baylor by 2 at home but they beat Kansas by just three points. They got boat raced at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State.

Also look at Sonny Dykes' history at Cal & SMU. First season at Cal was that 1-11 disaster and SMU got whipped at UNT in his debut for the Ponies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back