What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. UNC Game Thread

Loving the “we didn’t want to show A&M too much of the playbook” talk. It’s like clockwork after game 1 of the season when the offense underwhelms. Chev, master strategist!
It’s a stupid narrative but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say it was a fairly vanilla offensive game plan

Consider the quality of the opponent. UNC isn’t good.
I thought this too, but I found out they have a whole bunch of transfers from all over D1. 65 new guys this year.

That tight end that ran over Lewis looked legit.

We had very few yards between the tackles, and their interior d-line didn’t seem too bad

I wonder if UNC might turn out to be a pretty good team?

Now I'm a tough guy. Lol I was waiting for you to defend the mess that Noyer was in those games I mentioned. You couldn't. Which was what I thought. You decided to cry for the presence of Noyer after one half of football when Noyer showed you over basically a half of a season he wasn't very good. No I don't have it figured out but you are a moron.
Actually I was the one at halftime that said everyone calm down, I think we still cover. If you think the QB performance last night was better than what we saw from Noyer last year, and it was the right call to send him to OSU, we can just agree to disagree. QB more than almost any position in all of sports is about intangibles. I’m not crying for Noyer, I’m calling it like I see it.

I thought this too, but I found out they have a whole bunch of transfers from all over D1. 65 new guys this year.

We had very few yards between the tackles, and their interior d-line didn’t seem too bad

Remember when Montana State beat us at home and then lost to Chadron State the next week?

That damaged me deeply.

The one thing I can find solace in, even though I don’t know the whole story of those games, is that we beat an FCS team by more than ASU or Utah did. 🤷‍♂️

I don't get why half this board thinks ASU is Alabama. Because Antonio Pierce can recruit? He's getting fired and he'll probably get hit with a show cause for what they were up to last year.
Or we didn’t get our doors blown off at home by South Dakota State. 😂

I know its fun (and easy) to make fun of little brother-but don't we have higher standards than being better than them?

Planning on watching UNC games online this year and I’m feeling better about watching entertaining football from them this season.

If UNC manages to win their next two games, their defensive coaches could have to be considered decent because they are playing at pass heavy Houston Baptist followed by an Air Force style option team in Lamar at home the following weekend.

It’s a new world in college football with those new transfer rules and teams can have quick turnarounds as a result. That’s why it might end up being real silly to draw conclusions about this year’s Buffs team after last night’s game.

We'll see-I think we had no idea what to use to prep for them. Tape of Ed's Valor teams can only get you so far.

Actually I was the one at halftime that said everyone calm down, I think we still cover. If you think the QB performance last night was better than what we saw from Noyer last year, and it was the right call to send him to OSU, we can just agree to disagree. QB more than almost any position in all of sports is about intangibles. I’m not crying for Noyer, I’m calling it like I see it.
And you would have been OK with Lewis transferring? Honest question.

I don’t know if they’re trying to keep from showing ATM much or whether they’re just very boring, offensively.

I don't get why half this board thinks ASU is Alabama. Because Antonio Pierce can recruit? He's getting fired and he'll probably get hit with a show cause for what they were up to last year.
So he might be available? Sweet.

Everything else aside, the absence of Shrout on the roster really would be keeping me up at night if I was KD. Lewis will improve over the year but he is really green, and now there’s zero margin for error/injury at that position.

Shrout had real P5 program/game experience in the big boy conference and his absence as the 1a QB alongside/behind BL is for me the gorilla in the room for this season.

I hope the Buffs have continued success running the ball and keeping these games moving along time-wise.

I watched it agin. For the first game of the season. It was actually not a bad peformance. Am not worried. I will be worried if the team hasn't improved by week3 .

1, Lewis confidence in the passing game. Got to pass to setup the run. Good teams will take away the run if you can't pass.
2. Clean up the penalties
3. Get more pressure on the QB

300 yards on the ground is damn good regardless of the opponent. I thought the gameplan was really vanilla-all about getting through last night while showing A&M as little as possible and making sure PJ Fleck knows (especially after OSU went for 201 on the ground on them Thursday) that we're pretty good on the ground too.

Would expect the training wheels to come off Lewis starting next week.

QB is a major issue? Weren't you one of the people who couldn't wait to see Lewis in the bowl game last year?
Dude stop. That was a lack luster effort that if repeated will result in a lot of ass whippings this year. That was not a good performance by this team. Love the win but they beat UNfreakingC. They are horrible and had not played in almost 2 years with a new staff that had never coached a college game. Enough pumping.

Dude stop. That was a lack luster effort that if repeated will result in a lot of ass whippings this year. That was not a good performance by this team. Love the win but they beat UNfreakingC. They are horrible and had not played in almost 2 years with a new staff that had never coached a college game. Enough pumping.
McCaffrey had 2 years to prepare for this game!!

We'll see-I think we had no idea what to use to prep for them. Tape of Ed's Valor teams can only get you so far.
This is a recurring theme in the post-game quotes. Karl said they surprised us with a defensive scheme similar to San Diego St. Sami said we were expecting they'd be a run-first offense. Made adjustments at half.

One, you've talked about recruiting already (as you do ad nauseum on here), and you've said Lewis wasn't accurate.......Didn't Mel Tucker (who you loved because you thought he was such a good recruiter) recruit that QB you said was inaccurate?

Two, I've already called out the discipline from last night more than once (Far and away the biggest concern)-but I'm a sunshine pumper according to you......so what the hell do I know?

Because they are in our conference and who we will be competing against for a conference championship (among the other 5 teams). Didn’t think that statement was that esoteric.

I watched it agin. For the first game of the season. It was actually not a bad peformance. Am not worried. I will be worried if the team hasn't improved by week3 .

1, Lewis confidence in the passing game. Got to pass to setup the run. Good teams will take away the run if you can't pass.
3. Get more pressure on the
No way you watched that twice.

Because they are in our conference and who we will be competing against for a conference championship (among the other 5 teams). Didn’t think that statement was that esoteric.
Same conference opponent we've taken three games in a row from, dude. They don't intimidate me.

This is a recurring theme in the post-game quotes. Karl said they surprised us with a defensive scheme similar to San Diego St. Sami said we were expecting they'd be a run-first offense. Made adjustments at half.
What in the world would have ever given them that idea. Every story I read about this game, from Buff Zone to CUBuffs.com to whatever, said they were to going to throw the ball all over the place. 🤔

I mean, the offense dominated in the run game and the defense dominated throughout for the most part. Our freshman QB making his first start struggled, as did our back up Tackle pairing, but they put up almost 400 yards of offense and won by 4 TDs.

I agree there are concerns with pass pro and Lewis’ development, but I think the doom and gloom is being greatly accentuated by the slow start to the game and lack of explosive plays.

Adjustments were good (run 1-2 holes wider and let TEs block as both OTs we’re getting whipped).

wished it would have happened sooner.

3. Get more pressure on the QB

It wasn't CSU getting housed by an FCS team at home, but it was a C- kind of performance. Offense ran it well, but we have to be able to throw it more effectively than we did last night. No screen game whatsoever to speak of. Defense overall did a good job-but most of the discipline issues happened there it seemed like.

With Chiv in booth focused on O, on-field coaching of WRs was lacking. KD stepped in several times. Nothing wrong, just an observation with current assignments.

Back