What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Diamond Head Classic Thread

If I had money on picking an upset in the first round, I'd throw it on Hawai'i knocking off Nebrasketball having the home travel advantage. The islands are their norm. Nothing exciting for them to get swept up in like babes or nightlife.

I'd also want to say Ohio has a shot at GW knock off, but I just don't see it rationally. But most upsets can't be seen rationally.

If I had money on picking an upset in the first round, I'd throw it on Hawai'i knocking off Nebrasketball having the home travel advantage. The islands are their norm. Nothing exciting for them to get swept up in like babes or nightlife.

I'd also want to say Ohio has a shot at GW knock off, but I just don't see it rationally. But most upsets can't be seen rationally.

Honestly, CU is probably the second most likely upset. DePaul has the ability to randomly knock off a good team and we have the ability to completely play to the level of our opponent.

Honestly, CU is probably the second most likely upset. DePaul has the ability to randomly knock off a good team and we have the ability to completely play to the level of our opponent.

I think every team has trouble with playing at the level of opponents. Some can fight the urge more than others. Please beat Depaul, we don't want to play Depaul again. Seem to be in all our tournaments we go to.

DePaul is less than impressive tonight.

When you take a look at how Stanford has been playing lately, it drops a strong hint DePaul's win over Stanford was far more about Stanford playing horrible ball right now than DePaul being a hidden gem. I don't fully trust us against anyone away from home, but let's be clear: DePaul is a bad basketball team.

When you take a look at how Stanford has been playing lately, it drops a strong hint DePaul's win over Stanford was far more about Stanford playing horrible ball right now than DePaul being a hidden gem. I don't fully trust us against anyone away from home, but let's be clear: DePaul is a bad basketball team.

Agreed.

And I think it's time that people start getting nervous about Oregon State next year. Top 15 recruiting class and one hell of a coaching staff. Tinkle is doing an absolutely amazing job there right now. I know [MENTION=6462]pachoops[/MENTION] and I were talking about them pre-season and were in absolute shock at how little talent was actually there. Don't get me wrong - they're not good (their best win according to KenPom is 146th ranked Portland) - but they're not the dumpster fire that many expected them to be (myself included).

I guess I should be careful though, because CU's best win is over 130th ranked San Francisco.

We have been struggling and inconsistent. This tournament will be a showing of how well Tad can coach this team and how well they've used the time off to re-organize and become effective. They should come out strong and kick ass. If not, it's going to be a real long season

Team is on their way to the islands today. A couple of days to adjust and get over the excitement of being in Hawaii and get down to business.

here is the CU schedule: I am not even going to put down what happens if we lose the first two and not sure exactly the timing on the lose-win schedule.

CU versus DePaul: Monday December 22nd 2:30pm ESPNU

Win versus DePaul:
Tuesday December 23rd 2:30pm (versus Ohio/GWU winner) ESPNU
lose:
Tuesday December 23rd 4:30pm (versus Ohio/GWU loser) ESPNU

win first two games:
Thursday December 25th 6:30PM ESPN2

Agreed.

And I think it's time that people start getting nervous about Oregon State next year. Top 15 recruiting class and one hell of a coaching staff. Tinkle is doing an absolutely amazing job there right now. I know @pachoops and I were talking about them pre-season and were in absolute shock at how little talent was actually there. Don't get me wrong - they're not good (their best win according to KenPom is 146th ranked Portland) - but they're not the dumpster fire that many expected them to be (myself included).

I guess I should be careful though, because CU's best win is over 130th ranked San Francisco.

Could finish 10th or even 9th. USC should finish above them, but just when it seemed USC had turned a corner and was done doing stupid ****, they went out and lost to Army. I still think ASU finishes above OSU, but not positive.

Could finish 10th or even 9th. USC should finish above them, but just when it seemed USC had turned a corner and was done doing stupid ****, they went out and lost to Army. I still think ASU finishes above OSU, but not positive.

I have zero faith in ASU. I'd put them and WSU below OSU right now.

I have zero faith in ASU. I'd put them and WSU below OSU right now.

The thing about ASU is they haven't actually lost to any cupcakes. Sure, they've lost to every team with a pulse they've faced…but Wazzu has been losing in embarrassing fashion left and right. For me, Wazzu is the clear #12 based on current "resumes".

The thing about ASU is they haven't actually lost to any cupcakes. Sure, they've lost to every team with a pulse they've faced…but Wazzu has been losing in embarrassing fashion left and right. For me, Wazzu is the clear #12 based on current "resumes".

For sure. When I look at the Pac-12 right now, I see:

1. Arizona
???????
12. Washington State

Honestly, CU is probably the second most likely upset. DePaul has the ability to randomly knock off a good team and we have the ability to completely play below the level of our opponent.

FIFY…...Especially on the road

I'm from Hawaii and here with my family for Christmas. My mom is a Colorado Alum as well, '74. I rallied all my friends (4 of which went to CU with me) and my moms family friends + CU alum to go today. We are going to have about 40 people there rooting us on! If you have never been to this tournament, you will find out that people in Hawaii don't show up unless the University of Hawaii is playing. Went last year with my parents 2/3 days and you could literally hear a pin drop. This isn't all bad because there are a ton of CU alum in Hawaii and we will be loud!

Let's go Buffs!

I'm from Hawaii and here with my family for Christmas. My mom is a Colorado Alum as well, '74. I rallied all my friends (4 of which went to CU with me) and my moms family friends + CU alum to go today. We are going to have about 40 people there rooting us on! If you have never been to this tournament, you will find out that people in Hawaii don't show up unless the University of Hawaii is playing. Went last year with my parents 2/3 days and you could literally hear a pin drop. This isn't all bad because there are a ton of CU alum in Hawaii and we will be loud!

Let's go Buffs!

Would love the fan support be enough to push them through the first 2 games and give us a shot in the finals. We need that win. Badly.

Let's go Buffs!
Looking forward to hearing you in the background on the radio. I really think you being there will help them.

DVR set. have to tune out of allbuffs for the rest of the day until I get home.

[tweet]547144254288433153[/tweet]

Somewhere, [MENTION=127]Goose[/MENTION] just smiled.

Back