What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Diamond Head Classic Thread

Since we hit some shots, may just free up josh tomorrow. Better back court play overall today. Skiiiiiii !

Worn out from watching this team, but I like em..... :lol:

Josh seems like his energy level is really low. He should have been a force in this game but he did not defend well and was out of position for rebounding. Not sure what is going on with him.

What is going on with Josh?

No excuse for his rebounding numbers today. He'll have tough days scoring, but he can't let that affect the rest of his game. He has to be more active than this..

Watching Josh stand around at the top of the key on offense is frustrating. He just looks lazy. I don't get it. Does the staff not address this with him or do I just not get it.

I was wrong about this game. Buffs win as Ski and XJ go 100% on FTs, team goes over 80%.

Just did some quick "monkey math" and posted it on the Rivals board regarding Ski over the past 6 games since his personal issue was resolved. Could we be seeing a guard who can be consistently great this season? Looking good right now.

Averages over his last 6 games:

20.6 points
46.1% shooting
46.4% 3pt
82.9% FT
4.0 rebounds
4.5 assists
2.3 turnovers
1.0 steals

This is a strong trend now. He's playing at an All Pac-12 level.

Just did some quick "monkey math" and posted it on the Rivals board regarding Ski over the past 6 games since his personal issue was resolved. Could we be seeing a guard who can be consistently great this season? Looking good right now.

Averages over his last 6 games:

20.6 points
46.1% shooting
46.4% 3pt
82.9% FT
4.0 rebounds
4.5 assists
2.3 turnovers
1.0 steals

This is a strong trend now. He's playing at an All Pac-12 level.
I knew he had been good, but daaamn. Is good ski now just Ski? would not mind.

Wichita St beat Loyola Marymount 80-53. Zero surprise. LM is terrible.

Hawaii and Nebraska underway. Hawaii up 9-8 early. This should be a good one.

I knew he had been good, but daaamn. Is good ski now just Ski? would not mind.

On ESPNU between the two late games they ran the CU highlights and asked the question of whether Ski belongs in the conversation of the Top 10 PGs in the country.

Nebraska's getting their ass kicked by Hawaii. I thought Nebraska would be quite good this year, but they really suck.

Nebraska's getting their ass kicked by Hawaii. I thought Nebraska would be quite good this year, but they really suck.

Definitely underachieving so far this season. Nubs have cut it to 44-43 Bows though. I'm glad we didn't draw UH in round 1.

Nebraska falls to Hawaii 66-58

Corn now just 6-4 with a horrible loss to Incarnate Word, a Hawaii loss that won't do them any favors. One semi-decent win at home in 2OT over Cincinnati. Now they have a game against lowly Loyola Marymount at Diamond Head's consolation rounds which will do nothing for them. B1G offers plenty of chances for quality wins so Nebraska will have many chances to build a resume in B1G play, but as of right now they've got major work to do.

I'm gonna pull a Tini and...

Nebraska's losing to Hawaii.

Yeah, just gonna leave this right here.

Nebraska befuddled me in the off-season. I had no idea why they were getting any preseason love. I get that Petteway is a stud and Miles is a good coach who is likable and tweets a lot, but what the ****? They were overrated last year when they made the dance and they're overrated now. I'm so bloody sick of the Big 10 getting hype every damn year when they piss it away. You'll hear people (including some I respect like Mark Titus) talk about how it's like SEC football and the problem is that they're just so good that they beat up on each other so much. Yeah? Tell that to NJIT, Incarnate Word, Texas Southern, Hawaii, Gardner Webb, North Florida and Eastern Michigan. All of those teams have beaten "top" B1G teams this year (Michigan, Michigan St, Nebraska, etc.). Wisconsin is the only team that is worth a damn right now, and I can see Ohio State and Michigan State getting it together and being solid, but people need to stop including the Big 10 among the "truly great conferences". They haven't been for a while now. We're having a down year in the Pac, and I'd take the P12 over the B1G if we did head to head. If we used the KenPom rankings to put them in order, these would be the head to head matchups:

* Wisconsin vs Arizona
* Ohio St vs Utah
* Michigan St vs Washington
* Maryland vs UCLA
* Minnesota vs Cal
* Iowa vs Stanford
* Indiana vs Oregon
* Illinois vs Colorado
* Michigan vs Arizona St
* Purdue vs Oregon St
* Penn St vs USC
* Nebraska vs Washington St

Now, we'll probably get killed with the last four (remember, the B1G has an advantage as they have two more teams, so their two worst would be left out), but it wouldn't surprise me to see Oregon St and USC pull off wins there. But other than MSU-UDub and Maryland-UCLA, none of those top matchups scares me if I'm a P12 team. And honestly, the way that UDub has been playing, and UCLA has the talent to play, a sweep wouldn't surprise me either.

Of course, now all I really want is to see Arizona and Wisconsin play again. Dammit.

Well, now we play a true road game against the home team in what will be a packed house.

Thanks Nebraska. Big Red Turds.

Do your water girls also rub shoulders? Cause Booker is gonna need some TLC from carrying you guys on his back. Playing like a grown man.
that would be considered a benefit not generally available to every student

IU the other team I watch. They are not a lot different athletically speaking, but they play so much harder on defense. No comparison. And we sub a ton, don't get it.... Just lazy d with hands at their sides
Hoosiers?

Jaron's ft shooting is beyond unacceptable.
ACC freethrow snob

Watching Josh stand around at the top of the key on offense is frustrating. He just looks lazy. I don't get it. Does the staff not address this with him or do I just not get it.
no movement w/out ball. yes, frustrating. the word lazy does come to mind. not just Scott either, but I didn't give the game 100% focused viewing.

On ESPNU between the two late games they ran the CU highlights and asked the question of whether Ski belongs in the conversation of the Top 10 PGs in the country.
wouldn't a person pretty much have to be the designated starting PG on their team to be part of that discussion?

Looking at RPI, we really need to beat GW and play Wichita State.
Agree. agree. agree.

Nebraska befuddled me in the off-season. I had no idea why they were getting any preseason love. .... I'm so bloody sick of the Big 10 getting hype every damn year when they piss it away.
B1G CoY gets media attention, wouldn't make too much of it.

You can say this about the B1G almost every year and be accurate: "a lot of good teams, no great teams." (FTR: I hope I'm wrong about Wisconsin, but that loss to Duke at home was telling).
And they know how to schedule for RPI and get 8 teams in the dance ever year.

While ESPN 3 is kind of annoying, I do like having access to full game replay's at any time.

takes on Collier's game? he was near-invisible to me during the game and no mentions ITT.

nagging injury? or just that he and Booker can not both have big minutes/touches/points?

takes on Collier's game? he was near-invisible to me during the game and no mentions ITT.

nagging injury? or just that he and Booker can not both have big minutes/touches/points?

He had a brace on his wrist. Probably affected his shooting. Also don't know how much he has been able to practice with the injury. He looks like he could be pushing a bit too, trying to catch up.

Booker was a stud yesterday. He loves tournaments and it shows. When jaron is in, he takes over the PG role and moves ski to SG. Ski still killed it. So I don't think having Dom in negatively effects ski.

Talton was straight up awful at PG yesterday.

Also just an observation, but Hopkin's attitude on the floor when he is scoring and dunking reminds me of Burks. Alot. The results are no where near as prolific obviously, but his demeanor is eerily similar.

CU does not have a single win against the RPI 100. Today's game is very close to a "must win" for so early in the season. Without this one, CU will have to go on a ridiculous run in a Pac-12 that doesn't offer a ton this year for RPI outside of 3 teams (Arizona, Utah & Washington).

Back