What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Diamond Head Classic Thread

You simply can't sit Ski for as long as they did in the first half. It won't work with this team.

There was no one open. Everyone stood and watched rather than setting a screen or spreading out to split up the defense. He had no one to pass to until her was pulling up for the shot, but that was Wes on the other side and there was still a long defender between them, so it wouldn't have been an easy pass and with 2 seconds left, very dangerous of not even getting a shot off. Y'all blaming Ski are silly. Blame Tad if you want to put this loss strictly on the last play of the game.
99d965e1552ce2ae53a3eeebc64108ec.jpg

Luckily there's still time, need to have a good start to conference play. But right now there is just no consistency in any phase of the game with this team. Booker is who you want to take that shot, problem is every other team knows this and will double him in that situation. He needs to pass that off, regardless of whoever takes the shot and if they make it. If they don't make it well then we know that they shouldn't be playing in that situation.
That's fine, but that's different than your original post. GW is a good team and the result was about what Vegas and kenpom predicted. We are much better than the CBI baring injury. We are likely an NIT squad, but we are not a CBI squad

Five turnover and a blocked shot in the last 6:30 didn't help. They had a five point lead at the time and should have put it away. The turnovers would have been much worse if some of those bounce passes to big guys in traffic didn't get deflected by GW.

Just awful.

Five "point guards" on the team and the only one who can play the position is the freshman.

This was the last realistic chance of making the Dance. Now it's a pipe dream based on an incredible run that has to include a couple wins over Arizona, Utah and Washington. We just aren't good enough unless we catch lightning in a bottle and witness a night and day change.

I think this is good for us. We were the Cinderella story before. I wasn't expecting such a disappointing season.

But Boyle is the man who can lead us out of this. I'll be we finish 8-10th in the Pac 12 this year. And coach Boyle will then make our players see they just can't go through the motions. Our coaching staff will also feel some pressure too. We've got a packed house at Coors. We need to keep all the momentum. We either continue to slide or Boyle takes the lead and gets us back to conference title contention next year or year after. I think he can do it.

Five turnover and a blocked shot in the last 6:30 didn't help. They had a five point lead at the time and should have put it away. The turnovers would have been much worse if some of those bounce passes to big guys in traffic didn't get deflected by GW.

Just awful.

Five "point guards" on the team and the only one who can play the position is the freshman.

Ok back to the task at hand. We are very likely playing Hawaii next game. They will play tough D, and we will likely not get a bunch of calls. If any.

If our flickering tourney hopes remain alive, we need to win this game. Just suck it up, play hard and focused. GW just another loss at this point.

I think this is good for us. We were the Cinderella story before. I wasn't expecting such a disappointing season.

But Boyle is the man who can lead us out of this. I'll be we finish 8-10th in the Pac 12 this year. And coach Boyle will then make our players see they just can't go through the motions. Our coaching staff will also feel some pressure too. We've got a packed house at Coors. We need to keep all the momentum. We either continue to slide or Boyle takes the lead and gets us back to conference title contention next year or year after. I think he can do it.

I disagree. Cinderellas make noise in the dance, and we haven't done that despite having lots of talent that has ended up in the league.

I know it's sacrilege to say around here, but I'm really starting to question Tad's ability to get the most out of his teams. I haven't watched today's game yet, but it sounds like more of the same.

There was no one open. Everyone stood and watched rather than setting a screen or spreading out to split up the defense. He had no one to pass to until her was pulling up for the shot, but that was Wes on the other side and there was still a long defender between them, so it wouldn't have been an easy pass and with 2 seconds left, very dangerous of not even getting a shot off. Y'all blaming Ski are silly. Blame Tad if you want to put this loss strictly on the last play of the game.
99d965e1552ce2ae53a3eeebc64108ec.jpg

For those of the that didn't watch the game. The other four guys on our team didn't move for the last 9 seconds our so. So the image may as well be a video.

I disagree. Cinderellas make noise in the dance, and we haven't done that despite having lots of talent that has ended up in the league.

I know it's sacrilege to say around here, but I'm really starting to question Tad's ability to get the most out of his teams. I haven't watched today's game yet, but it sounds like more of the same.

That's something some of us have been talking about for a few weeks now at the dark horse before games and sitting in the stands at the games. It is concerning. One and done might be his peak.

BB players start standing around when you have a "gunner" on the team. Why work the plays when you know you will never see the ball. Or your plays are so bad they don't think they will work, Like the inbounds play at the end of the game.

BB players start standing around when you have a "gunner" on the team. Why work the plays when you know you will never see the ball. Or your plays are so bad they don't think they will work, Like the inbounds play at the end of the game.

That's coaching...not Ski's fault they stood around. Ski has also done a great job assisting players this year so they should know that moving and getting in position to score can be rewarding.

I am starting to lean your way, at least with a "gunner" you hit the boards to get a chance for the ball.

So damn frustrating. If things go as expected the rest of the year, they will pull up our resume and be say "looking here Colorado has new bad losses, however they are completely devoid of any good wins"

We will be a meh. Not good, not bad, just meh.

This looks to be the first disappointing year in the Tad Boyle era.

I was thinking this same thing. Does some crazy snatch have this kid's head all ****ed up?

That's it. After Dinwiddie getting all farked up over a woman last year, that's it. :bang:

NO MORE GIRLFRIENDS FOR CU MENS BASKETBALL PLAYERS ... at least until their eligibility is up.

You sound like a Cowboys fan, Jessica Simpson Messed up Romo's head he must lay off the women so they can win.

Well, glad I had to finish my shopping. One thing I can't stand is watching guys standing around watching in basketball. That's why I like when we get out and run. I didn't see so I don't know what kind of game it was.

I'm starting to calm down a bit. If we had shot free throws at our normal rate and GW didn't get all those long rebounds, we would have won, perhaps comfortably.

I don't think Tad Boyle is a problem in game or in keeping the team together, but I do see a problem with recruiting. Not that he can't get good players, he clearly can, but he's just not getting the right ones. With the exception of Dom, we don't have a guard who is a natural fit at either position. We've all been complaining about not having a shooter since Knutson graduated. How do you have a major college team without a shooter. You look at a team like Wisconsin where shooting is a recruiting priority. All the rotation players can shoot. Tad seems to do OK with big guys, but enough of these "combo" guards. Get some guys who can shoot.

That's coaching...not Ski's fault they stood around. Ski has also done a great job assisting players this year so they should know that moving and getting in position to score can be rewarding.
Yep. You need a set play with a couple of options. Guys cutting across the key, drawing defenders. You can't let Ski just go one on two. That's impossible.

I'm starting to calm down a bit. If we had shot free throws at our normal rate and GW didn't get all those long rebounds, we would have won, perhaps comfortably.

I don't think Tad Boyle is a problem in game or in keeping the team together, but I do see a problem with recruiting. Not that he can't get good players, he clearly can, but he's just not getting the right ones. With the exception of Dom, we don't have a guard who is a natural fit at either position. We've all been complaining about not having a shooter since Knutson graduated. How do you have a major college team without a shooter. You look at a team like Wisconsin where shooting is a recruiting priority. All the rotation players can shoot. Tad seems to do OK with big guys, but enough of these "combo" guards. Get some guys who can shoot.
Seems like Tad prides himself in taking less heralded guys and developing them. Several guys seem to have hit a ceiling. Or maybe the sophs have hit a collective sophomore slump.

Last edited:
Back