What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: COLORADO @ Nebraska --- 9/8 @ 1:30

I know I've said it before. I like the brick stuff but this is not some long tradition at CU (or I'm just getting old and the CTE is finally staring to kick in). Let's put it this way, there were no "bricks" as of 1996 although there are a ****load of bricks from 85-96 on the wall. I suspect Jon Embree and EB started this.
I'm pretty sure Mac 1 started it.

I know I've said it before. I like the brick stuff but this is not some long tradition at CU (or I'm just getting old and the CTE is finally staring to kick in). Let's put it this way, there were no "bricks" as of 1996 although there are a ****load of bricks from 85-96 on the wall. I suspect Jon Embree and EB started this.

The bricks were started by McCartney. However Hawkins painted over them in Dal Ward. EB and JE put them back up after they took over. They have been upgraded with the new Champions Center.

2016 had 3. Oregon, Stanford and Utah. From the current media guide:
https://static.cubuffs.com/custompages/football/2018_Info_Guide/376-382_brick_games.pdf
That's all well and good but I was there from 92-96 (92 was the first year in the Dal Ward). Mac left after my third year 94 and there were no bricks at that point in the Dal Ward to my knowledge from 92-96. I also don't remember slick doing them in 95 or 96. It obviously was something I cherished. Oh well, pretty cool now. I think I'll just go with it. Accept my own senility.

Back