What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

If your model was so good, next weeks game would be at Folsom field at Manhattanbuff Stadium.

7xw3hv.jpg

One small observation I’d make is that a lot of guys saw PT yesterday. I’m not going to pay a ton of attention to the game day rosters or the 2-deeps. This staff is going to keep fresh legs and fresh energy on the field. And it wasn’t just the heat in Ft Worth. I think it’s the plan.

Funny thing with the "Brick" games is that it was kind of a manufactured controversy. Several forever Buffs players said they didn't remember the "Brick" game thing and when reminded were like "oh yeah" but hadn't considered it some huge tradition of the program.
It was something that Neuheisal instituted, I think, and it just stuck around.

I imagine the brick thing sticks around.

FSU has done it since then 60's where they commemorate big wins by taking a piece of the field back to the "Sod Graveyard". I imagine Prime would want some kind of tangible reminder of his team's great wins as well.

Sean Lewis (rightfully) getting a lot of praise, but how about Bartolone's debut as WR coach?
Tremendous production and he has a stable of thoroughbreds in that room. Excited to see Antonio break out, which I think he will do at some point. After the game, Neely made a point of saying, when Antonio ends up with a favorable match up, watch out. The D is going to have to be so wary of Hunter (and Xavier, and Horn) that Antonio is going to get left with a small safety at some point and just dominate him.

I keep watching the play. Travis was covering a WR. If you look at the center of the defense, NO ONE picked up the RB. Somehow, Travis Hunter saw this and went after the RB. This is as elite-a-play as you can have in the NCAA. This is special.

Kelly needs to figure out WHY no one was covering RB. There were 4 WR and they all were covered.

I know Shedeur threw for over 500 yards.... but Hunter won us the game. I am splitting hairs here.

Send 2 Buffs to NY in December (maybe 3- Edwards).
The linebacker was matched up with the running back. It was a pick play where the slant was intended to disrupt his path getting to the back. If you watch the play again, you can see Kennedy start to move that way (albeit very late) and get hit by the slanting receiver, which is illegal but I digress. So it was covered but just would have been late

Thought this may have been you yesterday…. or @Liver

View attachment 64126

so i saw an absolute **** ton of ass clowns and elderly get carried out. it was really ****ing hot for people who aren't used to it, for sure. but, a lot of the peeps carried out were tcu fans.

i saw 1 lady sit down next to a beer cart and refuse to get up. she was decked out in purple.

i saw 4 guys in different incidents get tossed out of the game for bad behavior. all tcu fans.

i guess it might have been a blessing of sorts that they only sold beer and topo chico. while our crowd might have struggled with the heat and humidity, their crowd cannot begin to match up to us on alcohol consumption. wait until this fan base visits us in Boulder at altitude. we may have to actually be mindful not to kill anyone by accident.

another anecdote that stuck with me-- i met probably 8-10 local texas relatives of either our current players or recruiting targets. most were in some form of black but few had CU gear on. it was like they wanted to see in person what would happen. doing this to a ranked texas school in texas is a big deal for us i think.

The linebacker was matched up with the running back. It was a pick play where the slant was intended to disrupt his path getting to the back. If you watch the play again, you can see Kennedy start to move that way (albeit very late) and get hit by the slanting receiver, which is illegal but I digress. So it was covered but just would have been late
Posted elsewhere. The lb, safety and cb (Hunter) handed the slants off and Hunter had the rb. The pick was still amazing physical skill but it was great defensive awareness

1. Had they specifically said Trevor Woods (or Marvin Ham, Tank, Wells, etc) was a transfer, I could see your point, but since that didn’t happen, I’m not sure what was said that inaccurate
2. Klatt knows what’s going on in the program more than just about anyone.
3. This point seems to be you drawing your own conclusions. At no point did they suggest that was the case. Regardless, though, does it really change the narrative if they mention 4-5 guys were holdovers?
Klatt's excellent, but I thought Gus had a couple Larry Zimmer type moments.

Fowler's 10x the pxp man he is-and he said something about "If I do another CU game I'll be down the middle" with a "I know something you don't" smile on his face in a video he shot on IG last night....something tells me a CU game is in he and Herbie's future.

Back