What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***** CU @ Mizzou

We're still NOT playing good defense on the road. These guys still don't get it.

By the way, THANKS you guys for tipping me off to ESPN3. My connection kinda blows but at least you can see the game (in claymation.)

And I don't think these Mizzou announcers are too bad. I find Mark Johnson kind of deuschy.

Same old story.....rewind for me back to 1988.....we are not a basketball school.....what a ****ing shame.

If it's any consolation, Mizzou shat themselves on the road too, in Boulder. It ain't easy winning road games in the Big 12.

On a neutral court I think we're close with Mizzou. One player away, either a power forward or a PG, then we're fine against these guys. Mizzou's good but not great. Sweet 16 would be an incredible finish for a team like theirs.

we haven't been much of a football school the last decade. living in the past is not for me.

Agreed. And from that perspective, we are not an athletic school in the last decade. I will watch Top Gear and cry myself to sleep.

89-73 final, almost the opposite of CU's 89-76 win in Boulder. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw these guys again in KC

Next up Texas A&M in Boulder on Wednesday night. Aggies have lost to Texas and Baylor in College Station to drop to 4-4 in the Big XII. It's a game CU can win

As we exit our rivalry with Mizzou, I have to tell a story about Mizzou fans.

A buddy and I attended a Big 12 Tournament game in KC, probably in 99 or 00. Ricardos was our coach, Quin theirs. It was a tight game, we had a pretty good game. Second half, they had a small lead I think. They had this forward from Africa that obvious hadn't played basketball until lately. His hands weren't great, but he got the game and his instincts were good.

Anyway he got a rebound, tried to secure it, and it sort of slipped out of his hands and the Buffs got the turnover. A couple of young Mizzou fans right behind us were loud but fine until one said something like "hold onto the ball, you F*ing Gorilla!" My buddy and I just looked at each other, looked back at this punk, and shook our heads. I said something like "that's how you talk about your own players, huh? Nice."

He basically backed it up. "What?" He had no idea what a racist comment that was.

That's just one I remember. Oh, and then there was another time when I was at a CU game in Columbia in 2004 I think. One of their fans was giving me some crap about CU being the worst fans in the Big 12. I told him that story and he looked at me like ... "So?"

Point is, Mizzou can lick my sack. I won't miss these hillbilly pricks.

missouri fans are great since they think everyone else has dirty players. but, jason sutherland or any of Norm's goons were "throwbacks".

Oh and I forgot to mention - I'm so glad Mike Anderson is their coach. He's a top notch coach and strong black man - better than at least some of their fans deserve. I'm sure a bunch of them have NO idea what to make of this reality.

PS Norm Stewart was a whiner. All the time, every game.

missouri fans are great since they think everyone else has dirty players. but, jason sutherland or any of Norm's goons were "throwbacks".

You bring back memories! Bottom line is, they always had a stronger recruiting base with HS in KC and St. Louis. We always had a hard time overcoming that.

FOOTNOTE: The best player on the floor tonight was from Missouri. Only he was wearing "COLORADO" on his chest.

This A&M game can't get here soon enough after things went as many of us feared they would in Columbia tonight. Time for CU to stop this slide with a good home win -- the Buffs have lost 5/6 now, yikes. The Aggies had a great start but have fallen off losing 3/4 and 2 in a row. They've got a game changer in Middleton, and Walkup is a decent player. Texas has proven that A&M doesn't belong with the true big time programs this season. Still, they're basically a lock for the tourney at 17-5 and this would be a feather in the hat for "quality win". A victory would put the Buffs a half game ahead in the standings as well, so pretty huge

LOGJAM 8
5-4: Baylor
4-4: A&M, OU, Mizzou
4-5: CU, KSU, OK St,
3-5: Nebraska

Back