What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***** CU vs. Baylor

Shame to see Higgins' and probably Burks' (I pause for a quick prayer: DEAR LORD PLEASE GIVE US AN NBA LOCKOUT!! Either that or convince Alec he needs one more year) final year going this way.

Saying that, do you guys think Burks should go or play one more year? I guess, if he were my son and the NBA guys told my son he'd be a lottery pick for sure, I'd honestly have to tell him, "Son, you can make millions any time. But this will be your last chance for college. Give CU one more year."

Yep, thats what I'd tell my son.

Shame to see Higgins' and probably Burks' (I pause for a quick prayer: DEAR LORD PLEASE GIVE US AN NBA LOCKOUT!! Either that or convince Alec he needs one more year) final year going this way.

Saying that, do you guys think Burks should go or play one more year? I guess, if he were my son and the NBA guys told my son he'd be a lottery pick for sure, I'd honestly have to tell him, "Son, you can make millions any time. But this will be your last chance for college. Give CU one more year."

Yep, thats what I'd tell my son.

No you wouldn't. The fact is he CAN'T go make millions any time. If he is an NBA lottery pick he HAS TO GO. I thought that Chauncey Billups made a mistake opting for the NBA draft - then he was picked #3 overall.

If Burks is likely a top 10 pick - he needs to go. The chances of coming back another year and getting hurt, not being as productive, etc. are a lot worse.

Lots of things about this game that we should feel awful about, but here's the awfulest: The 2 or 3 posssessions at the very end of the game, where we really needed a bucket, there's one guy dribbling and 4 others standing around. Not setting picks, not rotating, not doing anything. Just hanging around the 3 point arc waiting for a pass & shoot. That's bad coaching. Reminds me of Patton teams.

Lots of things about this game that we should feel awful about, but here's the awfulest: The 2 or 3 posssessions at the very end of the game, where we really needed a bucket, there's one guy dribbling and 4 others standing around. Not setting picks, not rotating, not doing anything. Just hanging around the 3 point arc waiting for a pass & shoot. That's bad coaching. Reminds me of Patton teams.

And the painful part was that they actually were doing much better with motion and guys moving without the ball in the first half. Then in the second half it was right back to the 1 guy dribbling, 4 guys watching offense that absolutely kills them all the time. Very frustrating... :bang:

And the painful part was that they actually were doing much better with motion and guys moving without the ball in the first half. Then in the second half it was right back to the 1 guy dribbling, 4 guys watching offense that absolutely kills them all the time. Very frustrating... :bang:

yeah, first half they did a great job penetrating the zone at the high post and causes BU to have to collapse one way or the other. was a frustrating loss, for sure. some bad decisions on key possessions but too many easy hoops/dunks for BU in the 2nd half. most frustrating thing for me was this effort probably beats OU by 15 a week ago. and i think not getting that W hurts us more than losing today. 9-7 still very possible IMO....but, pretty much have to beat ATM, KSU, and UT @ the CEC to have an NCAA shot.

the thing that reminded me of Patton was when needing a hoop against the zone, we take a long jumper (higgins almost shot from the timeline in the last minute) or have a 1 on 4 scenario (and BU has the athletes to defend the goal as evidenced by the repeated shot blocks down the stretch. Acey is camped out under the rim ready to step out since Burks is rarely looking to dish once he makes his move).

Last edited:
This isn't a terrible loss - at least it was an away game against the Great South Division (cough cough). And their coach is obviously the greatest coach in the history of basketball. All of their championships, all of those 5-star blue-chippers lined up against li'l ol' us. It's not like their halftime adjustments paid off or anything that demonstrated great coaching versus ours.

This isn't a terrible loss - at least it was an away game against the Great South Division (cough cough). And their coach is obviously the greatest coach in the history of basketball. All of their championships, all of those 5-star blue-chippers lined up against li'l ol' us. It's not like their halftime adjustments paid off or anything that demonstrated great coaching versus ours.

Sarcasm noted, but honestly if I heard before the game that we would lose by 4 at Bailer, I would have been disappointed, but not pissed like I was about the loss to OU, who truly sucks. What pisses me off about this one is that Bailer spent the first 20 minutes begging, pleading and groveling to be blown out of the gym. And while we were up by 14 at half, it could easily have been 20+. And then they completely fell apart in the second half...

Sarcasm noted, but honestly if I heard before the game that we would lose by 4 at Bailer, I would have been disappointed, but not pissed like I was about the loss to OU, who truly sucks. What pisses me off about this one is that Bailer spent the first 20 minutes begging, pleading and groveling to be blown out of the gym. And while we were up by 14 at half, it could easily have been 20+. And then they completely fell apart in the second half...

Good point, I about expected a 4 point loss. But this was tough because we had them sweating, bitching, and questioning their own manhood in the first half. Then in the second we completely backed off on the toughness that we had then and at KSU. How does a team lose that at halftime? TAD, WTF are you doing in there at halftime? (This is not the first time we've come out very flat in the 2nd half after a good first half.

Also, is there a team anywhere that underachieves more than Bailwhore? I mean you've got a front line of 3 guys that are 6'11 plus, and you add Lacedorothy Dunn - shouldn't they be a top 20 team?

This is painful - not that we lost, but that we led for 38 minutes and blew a 17 point lead. Of course Baylor was going to make a run in the second half, but that was a disappointing performance in that we didn't show any resiliency. The possession when the Buffs were down 2 starting with 37 seconds or so was also unfortunate. I'm all for Cory Higgins taking the shot, but a contested 3 was not a good decision. Baylor coach Scott Drew did a fantastic job drawing up plays coming out of timeouts, something I wish the Buffs could do better. It seems like too many times after a timeout the Buffs continue with little movement and not enough passing. As i've said before, Burks really needs more control when driving to the rack, he's getting far too many charges called on him. The hustle and rebounding were really impressive in the first half, it's just a shame the Buffs couldn't hold on in this one. There won't be too many times when we have a 17pt lead on the road.

Iowa State comes to Boulder next. The Cyclones have struggled in the Big XII thus far but Fred Hoiberg is a good coach and he's already improved them. Roberson and Dufault will face another challenge with their size, and they have some guards who can get hot from the bonusphere. A win in this one is obviously a must, or this season could completely fall apart. I know it's been a disappointing stretch losing these 4, but we need to keep up the support at Coors. An NIT bid with a few more (home?) games would be an important step in building this program. This team will bounce back and surprise us in a few of these games. Beat Iowa State and we're 4-4 halfway through conf. play.

We choked.

rear-naked-choke.jpg

Except it wasn't pretty.

watched the whole game and could not believe how we let it get away. Very dissappointed and this team should not go danicng with this lose. up 14 at half and lose by 4. very sad effort in the second half.

Back