What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB hosts University of New Orleans

So much for not putting. Teams away. Hopefully this means tbhey have it figured out and we run the PAC.

Awesome! Nuggs kicking ass too. Happy night for bball in Colorado! Burks looks like the only player worth a damn on the Jazz

lots of good things from tonight, not only the score. 88.5% from the line, dominated the boards, only 12 TO's and not many fouls.

Should we start a new thread to discuss Nate for Darth? 0 pts, 2 rbs, and 3 assists..........

lots of good things from tonight, not only the score. 88.5% from the line, dominated the boards, only 12 TO's and not many fouls.

Should we start a new thread to discuss Nate for Darth? 0 pts, 2 rbs, and 3 assists..........

Only Buff in uniform to not score tonight...

Nate was good tonight though. Decent decisions, good passes, I am not going to kick him tonight.

Nate was good tonight though. Decent decisions, good passes, I am not going to kick him tonight.
he was not as bad as he has been. for the only player on the team to not get a point, he sure wasn't good.

Just got back. A few thots, but tifwiw since this is the first time I've seen them live:

- Booker and Dinwiddie can both shoot from some seriously difficult angles. When they attack the basket, they are capable of finding the slightest openings to get the ball through.

- For a while in the first half, every time NO shot and missed, Andre ended up with the ball. He just knows where to be. He did get a couple of his shots blocked down low, tho. Not sure if this is a concern or not.

- Adams seems tentative. It's almost like he's not quite comfortable yet. I hope this doesn't last, we'll need productive minutes from him in conference play.

- Dufault was very active, especially on the offensive end.

- SHT is a puzzle. On one play he caught a hot pass, turned to the basket and saw he might get the shot blocked, and then dipped under the basket for a reverse lay-in. Only offense I really saw from him. On defense on couple of NO turnovers, one of the Buffs would get the ball and turn to go up court only to run into SHT who was standing in the way. Still puzzled.

- Brown quietly scored. Except for the monster slam on the break, you almost miss him on the court. Then you look up, and he's got XX points already.

- Chen is gonna have a lot of court-burns by time the seasons over. He hustles, but sometimes with the ball, seems out of control.

- ** Ben Mills Sighting **. His only basket may have riled the crowd more than any other play in the game (see crowd, below) except for the couple of dunks. And if he put on 15-20 pounds in the off-season, I wanna know where. Dude is seriously skinny. A ceiling fan could move him off the low block.

- I don't think Sharpe has fully regained his confidence in his knee. He did, however, direct the offense pretty well.

Offense -- need Brown to be the go-to guy. This team needs that one presence that other teams have to focus on, thereby creating opportunities for other players. Passing tonight was good, very few "lazy" passes that end up going the other way. I also noticed that when NO went into a zone, the team shot a lot of jumpers but NO didn't really put bodies on bodies very well -- the Buffs should have gotten more offensive rebounds.

Defense -- they were switching pretty well, and forcing the ballhandler farther out when screens were set. One thing that concerned me was the number of back-door chances NO created. That needs some work because we will face teams that will make them pay for that weakness.

Crowd -- was pretty dead. Think zombieland. It was like the crowd thought they were in a movie theater. The few students attending were good. Just not enough.

Just got back. A few thots, but tifwiw since this is the first time I've seen them live:

- Booker and Dinwiddie can both shoot from some seriously difficult angles. When they attack the basket, they are capable of finding the slightest openings to get the ball through.

- For a while in the first half, every time NO shot and missed, Andre ended up with the ball. He just knows where to be. He did get a couple of his shots blocked down low, tho. Not sure if this is a concern or not.

- Adams seems tentative. It's almost like he's not quite comfortable yet. I hope this doesn't last, we'll need productive minutes from him in conference play.

- Dufault was very active, especially on the offensive end.

- SHT is a puzzle. On one play he caught a hot pass, turned to the basket and saw he might get the shot blocked, and then dipped under the basket for a reverse lay-in. Only offense I really saw from him. On defense on couple of NO turnovers, one of the Buffs would get the ball and turn to go up court only to run into SHT who was standing in the way. Still puzzled.

- Brown quietly scored. Except for the monster slam on the break, you almost miss him on the court. Then you look up, and he's got XX points already.

- Chen is gonna have a lot of court-burns by time the seasons over. He hustles, but sometimes with the ball, seems out of control.

- ** Ben Mills Sighting **. His only basket may have riled the crowd more than any other play in the game (see crowd, below) except for the couple of dunks. And if he put on 15-20 pounds in the off-season, I wanna know where. Dude is seriously skinny. A ceiling fan could move him off the low block.

- I don't think Sharpe has fully regained his confidence in his knee. He did, however, direct the offense pretty well.

Offense -- need Brown to be the go-to guy. This team needs that one presence that other teams have to focus on, thereby creating opportunities for other players. Passing tonight was good, very few "lazy" passes that end up going the other way. I also noticed that when NO went into a zone, the team shot a lot of jumpers but NO didn't really put bodies on bodies very well -- the Buffs should have gotten more offensive rebounds.

Defense -- they were switching pretty well, and forcing the ballhandler farther out when screens were set. One thing that concerned me was the number of back-door chances NO created. That needs some work because we will face teams that will make them pay for that weakness.

Crowd -- was pretty dead. Think zombieland. It was like the crowd thought they were in a movie theater. The few students attending were good. Just not enough.

Nice recap. New Orleans was awful but cu did what they should do, they dominated it from start to finish. Brown looked very aggressive and played great. Dinwiddie too. Every rebound cu got, every loose ball cu snagged. Dominate performance. Next year will be evn more fun to watch.

On to conference play, CU should beat utah.

It was nice to not have to worry about the game from start to finish. Team played well, but clearly were able to get by on athleticism alone.

Any word on #10's ankle? That thing looked broken from my point of view. (A NO player)

It was nice to not have to worry about the game from start to finish. Team played well, but clearly were able to get by on athleticism alone.

Any word on #10's ankle? That thing looked broken from my point of view. (A NO player)

He was putting pressure on it a little bit when he walked off of the court into the locker room. Knowing nothing about medicine, I just assumed it was a bad sprain. Felt for the kid though.

BTW, other than the horrible start, does anyone know why UNO did a complete line change 4 minutes in to the game? Were those not their normal starters?

BTW, congrats to Carlon for scoring his 1,000th point last night. The fact it came on a monster dunk had to make it a little more special for him too.

got tipsy after work, stopped at Costco in Louisville and never made it to the game. Somehow the wife conned me into spending over $600 there. I am never going to costco after drinking ever again.

New Orleans was slow and small at every position, to the point where they had a guy named George Costanza playing point guard for them. There's really very little, if anything, to take away from this game in regards to individual performances imo. The main thing is simply that we did what we needed to do and played a full 40 minutes. Now it's on to conference play -- Let's get things started the right way by kicking Utah' ass! Go Buffs

..... BTW, other than the horrible start, does anyone know why UNO did a complete line change 4 minutes in to the game? Were those not their normal starters?

Just a guess, but the coach might have felt like the starters needed more short rests because they played a game the night before. It was kinda odd seeing the entire 5 players being subbed out at the same time. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Just a guess, but the coach might have felt like the starters needed more short rests because they played a game the night before. It was kinda odd seeing the entire 5 players being subbed out at the same time. Don't think I've ever seen that before.
The Hockey substitution. It clearly didn't work out for them, but I think more basketball teams should try it.

The Hockey substitution. It clearly didn't work out for them, but I think more basketball teams should try it.

Metro used to do this back when I was going to school there. They had a lot of depth though.

Back