What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Texas Southern

7 down. 9 to go.

This season is all about somehow finding our way into postseason play. Next year, it's The Mayor's team with a major talent infusion from the freshmen.

7 down. 9 to go.

This season is all about somehow finding our way into postseason play. Next year, it's The Mayor's team with a major talent infusion from the freshmen.

Do we have what it takes to go 8-10? I thought we'd get to 9-9 but this was the worst performance of the year, even worse than Wyoming..

Ugly wins vs bad teams. Wins but sounds the alarm for conference play. Next season can't get here soon enough.

Finally got a box score, 40% from the field and 60% from the line doesn't win you many games. And when this team jacks up 21 3's you know the opponent is playing zone d and CU is settling for the only thing they can get.

Finally got a box score, 40% from the field and 60% from the line doesn't win you many games. And when this team jacks up 21 3's you know the opponent is playing zone d and CU is settling for the only thing they can get.

I'm most concerned with the TOs. 19 is pathetic.

And our rebounding is pathetic except for Dre pulling down 16.

How does Shane play 11 minutes and have 1 rebound against these guys?

Our problems against zone defense are easy to explain. Mayor Dinwiddie shot 5/6 from deep. The rest of the team: 3/15.

Chen should never get off the bench. I've been following DU basketball for years and Joe Scott basically let it be known that he wouldn't see the court with the new blood they had coming in. He was a marginal player for some very average DU teams. Dude should be 10th off the bench for CU. As for Nate...don't even get me started. Both Aussies need to go back down under.

I'm most concerned with the TOs. 19 is pathetic.

And our rebounding is pathetic except for Dre pulling down 16.

How does Shane play 11 minutes and have 1 rebound against these guys?

Our problems against zone defense are easy to explain. Mayor Dinwiddie shot 5/6 from deep. The rest of the team: 3/15.

I didn't even see that TO # when i posted that, 19?????

I was hoping the shane experiment had ended after the Csb game, unfortunately not. I mean eckloff and mills CAN'T be worse.

Should we start the nate discussion again (it's been a while)? 0-2 from the field, 0-2 from 3, 1-2 from the line, FIVE TO's. Redeeming stat, 7 assists

Chen should never get off the bench. I've been following DU basketball for years and Joe Scott basically let it be known that he wouldn't see the court with the new blood they had coming in. He was a marginal player for some very average DU teams. Dude should be 10th off the bench for CU. As for Nate...don't even get me started. Both Aussies need to go back down under.

Well at this point DU looks better than CU, so maybe there is a reason chen didn't play at du and gets on the court here. But he actually usually is the 10th guy off the bench when booker and cain play

Well luckily this isn't a soccer tournament and margin of victory is irrelevant. Got the W, on to the next one.

Well luckily this isn't a soccer tournament and margin of victory is irrelevant. Got the W, on to the next one.

And unluckily conference play is right around the corner, and as ****** as the Pac is this year, the Buffs are going to be among the worst unless things change in a hurry.

I was at the game and this team just started to piss itself when they put the full court trapping press on us. Just head scratching response. Everyone of the guards would stop and pick up their dribble and get caught. They almost had another 3 or 4 ten second violations.

This team came out a mental mess in the second half. So weird seeing a Jeckle and Hyde to this degree in almost every game. Boyle has his work cut out with this bunch.

I'm a fan of DU hoops too, but stats don't lie, after looking up pioneer stats, chen actually was the 6th/7th man as a freshman, led the team in offensive rebounds and 4th overall in rebounds. the next year for the first 2/3 of the season again, had about 20 minutes per game, then coach scott either sat him or played him for garbage minutes...

I feel your pain as chen(3), tomlinson(5) and adams(4) had 12 to's between them, so tough nite for them. listened to boyle's post game and yes it is painfully unclear as to which team shows up from half to half.....but lets get real, the mayor and carlon had great games, dre was a monster on the boards and the rest of the team was mediocre at best...but mostly @#@$

all i can say is i hope coach figures out the rotation, cuz the last game i thought he had it dialed in against Cal St Bakersfield.....and that was one in which chen excelled.... but inconsistancy w/ him, adams, shane, nate and sharpe is a problem....

This team came out a mental mess in the second half. So weird seeing a Jeckle and Hyde to this degree in almost every game. Boyle has his work cut out with this bunch.

I totally agree.... the coaches have to make better adjustments during that second half and during the half, they gotta prepare these guys to break press and diff zone defenses....you could see it in all the guards eyes, nate, chen, adams, and even to a certain extent spence.. they were totally on the wrong page w/ each other in terms of breaking the press and the 2 man traps....sheesh, 2 man trap?!?!?! PASS TO THE OPEN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on some occaisions, not the guards fault as the spacing and lack of movement of the other 4 Buffs was terrible... sheesh my 12 year old girl could of guarded 2 buffs at one time on a few of those plays!!! I think that we've clearly got talented and smart players w/ no character issues....which is huge.... but the coaches have to start anticipating..... for all 4 of our guards to consistantly have problems breaking that 2 man press....its the coaching....imho

Back