What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Gameday thread: CU vs USC

Thursday was a white-out in the stands; the last 5 minutes of today was white-out on the floor. :lol:

Nice game all around, good confidence builder.

That in mind USC is a BAD basketball team.

Think the Buffs are going to be inconsistent for a while here but Tad has always built for the end of the year. We will lose some that we wouldn't have healthy but somebody is going to get a Buffs team in the conference tourney that is better than our record.

Rep to the C-Unit.
From Brooks' story on the game:
None of the Trojans escaped the Buffs’ first-half intensity – not even Enfield. The CU student section harassed him – good naturedly, of course – with a blown up mug shot of his wife, former model Amanda Marcum. But that probably wasn’t what inspired his “T.”

Who farted?

fart_zpse5aca58f.jpg

USC is turribul, but we didn't let them have any hope of winning the game.

Im watching UCLA and Utah and wondering why we couldn't get this UCLA team on Thursday. They can't buy a shot.

Nice win for the Buffs....Looks like Boyle is gonna go nine deep with Stalzer, Talton, Thomas and King off the bench.

I thought the way Booker played today was very Spencer like

Im watching UCLA and Utah and wondering why we couldn't get this UCLA team on Thursday. They can't buy a shot.

Didn't UCLA go like 8 minutes without a FG? Problem was we did too.

The key to me was that last minute before the half. USC had weathered the storm a little bit and were within 12. Had they played good D and managed the clock well, they had a chance to cut the lead to single digits at the half. Instead, XJ gets the 3 point play, USC inexplicably sits on the ball instead of trying to go 2 for 1, conceding the last possession of the half, and Ski hits the long two at the buzzer. Suddenly, we've got a 17 point lead and all the momentum and the game was all but over.

Buffs showed excellent intensity from start to finish. They even played sound ball in garbage time.

This is a Buffs team that is deep in talent. I don't give them much chance against Zona this week and ASU is going to be tough to beat but by the end of season I wouldn't put it past Tad to have them beating anyone they face. Coaching matters, coaching plus talent means you always have a chance.

You can't help but to miss a player like the Mayor but it wouldn't shock me to see Tad overcome it.

Different situation of course but is this team overall less talented right now than the one that won the conference tourney a couple of years ago?

Arizona State will come down a lot to officiating.....if they are allowed to play the kind of basketball they did against us last year CU will have a hard time. If grab and hug isn't allowed it will be very competitive and I give us a good shot at getting it done even on the road

Utah is boat racing UCLA right now. Hitting threes, playing good defense, and UCLA looks spent.

Liked the way Wes Gordon played today. Still a kid but I think he is going to be a force on defense for quite some time. Loved the feed inside to Scott on the pass from Booker.

So a couple if thoughts:

#1 - Boyle made a huge mistake by not playing Mills early versus UCLA. The team was flat and the crowd was flat. A couple of minutes of Mills would have picked up the energy in the place.

#2 - Most efficient game by Booker ever. I don't need to look at the stats, that was Spencerish

#3 - terrible shot selection today. Lots of longs jumpers that went in. If the them wants to succeed they need to get to the line more

#4 - I think that 80% (completely made up number) of Scott's shots result in a foul or a made shot. He needs the ball more.

#5 - best overall game by Hopkins. Finally figured out he needs to use his feet on defense and not his hands. King and Thomas are still learning.

#6 - I don't know what it is but like watching King on the court. He puts out a lot of effort on both ends of the court, but he is not always in control. It will be fun to watch him develop.

USC is the dumbest team ever. Their big guy had any shot he wanted versus Wes but rarely got the ball. I don't know what to expect next week, but there is still a lot of talent on the roster. I don't think a road split is out of the question. Our biggest problem is that road Booker forces things too much so maybe he doesn't make the trip.

Glad to see that the Utah team is much stronger this year. We managed to wear UCLA out for them and hopefully they return the favor during the year and in coming years.

So a couple if thoughts:

#1 - Boyle made a huge mistake by not playing Mills early versus UCLA. The team was flat and the crowd was flat. A couple of minutes of Mills would have picked up the energy in the place.

#2 - Most efficient game by Booker ever. I don't need to look at the stats, that was Spencerish

#3 - terrible shot selection today. Lots of longs jumpers that went in. If the them wants to succeed they need to get to the line more

#4 - I think that 80% (completely made up number) of Scott's shots result in a foul or a made shot. He needs the ball more.

#5 - best overall game by Hopkins. Finally figured out he needs to use his feet on defense and not his hands. King and Thomas are still learning.

#6 - I don't know what it is but like watching King on the court. He puts out a lot of effort on both ends of the court, but he is not always in control. It will be fun to watch him develop.

USC is the dumbest team ever. Their big guy had any shot he wanted versus Wes but rarely got the ball. I don't know what to expect next week, but there is still a lot of talent on the roster. I don't think a road split is out of the question. Our biggest problem is that road Booker forces things too much so maybe he doesn't make the trip.
Agree with #1 but hadn't thought of that. Booker's block of the 7 footer is my favorite defensive play so far this year. #5 noticed Hopkins play much better D as noted. Hope he continues to grow. #6 I commented in another thread that I would have like to see King vs. UCLA. He needs to let the game come to him and not force things. I really like his energy.

Rep to the C-Unit.

"None of the Trojans escaped the Buffs’ first-half intensity – not even Enfield. The CU student section harassed him – good naturedly, of course – with a blown up mug shot of his wife, former model Amanda Marcum. But that probably wasn’t what inspired his “T.”

From Brooks' story on the game:

ladies & gentlemen, Miss Amanda Marcum
Amanda-Marcum.png

Amanda_Marcum_Widescreen_611200820802Pm662.jpg

Back