What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Men's NIT Thread

It sucks that we're on ESPN 3 instead of one of the 3 main ESPN channels. Other than that ... can't complain. Don't know much about UCF though.
At least people can see the game, it's not as if it is being played on the Pac-12 Network.

Lots of games tonight, including some in CU's region (nationally televised noted below):

8 UNC Greensboro vs 1 Syracuse, 5:00pm, ESPN
7 Valpo vs 2 Illinois, 5:15pm, ESPN2
7 Oakland vs 2 Clemson, 6:00pm, ESPNU
6 Georgia Tech vs 3 Indiana, 7:00pm, ESPN
6 Richmond vs 3 Alabama, 7:15pm, ESPN2
6 Boise State vs 3 Utah, 8:00pm, ESPNU
8 CS Bakersfield vs 1 Cal, 9:15pm, ESPN2

Also, 5 Charleston vs 4 CSU, 7:00pm, ESPN3

Lots of games tonight, including some in CU's region (nationally televised noted below):

8 UNC Greensboro vs 1 Syracuse, 5:00pm, ESPN
7 Valpo vs 2 Illinois, 5:15pm, ESPN2
7 Oakland vs 2 Clemson, 6:00pm, ESPNU
6 Georgia Tech vs 3 Indiana, 7:00pm, ESPN
6 Richmond vs 3 Alabama, 7:15pm, ESPN2
6 Boise State vs 3 Utah, 8:00pm, ESPNU
8 CS Bakersfield vs 1 Cal, 9:15pm, ESPN2

Also, 5 Charleston vs 4 CSU, 7:00pm, ESPN3
Hopefully the Pac-12 shows well, I feel like Cal should have got an NCAA bid too.

Getting a rematch against Utah in the quarters would be sweet.

Hopefully the Pac-12 shows well, I feel like Cal should have got an NCAA bid too.

Getting a rematch against Utah in the quarters would be sweet.

Pac-12 seemed undervalued to me. It was top heavy, but the committee acted like everyone outside the Big 3 were crap. Would love to see USC go on a run and open some eyes.

I think the biggest adjustment with the experimental rules for the NIT is with the fouls.

You can foul quite a bit more. 4 in a quarter without sending someone to the line (vs 6 for a half before the other team shoots).

But the fouls are more costly, especially in end-game situations, with the elimination of 1-and-1s.

"It will be interesting," CU coach Tad Boyle said. "No one-and-one. As many front ends of one-and-ones we've missed, it's probably a good thing.

"I like the fact that they're experimental, to see what works and what doesn't. I think they're reluctant to do (four quarters) but I'll have a lot better feel after this. They're not doing quarters, but they're going to reset (fouls). The gist is the same. You're getting rid of the one-and-one, which I don't like. I like the one-and-one because it puts a premium on that first shot. I think that's what we need to get a little more pressure at the end of those games than you have without the one-and-one."

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/ci_30854784/cu-buffs-adjusting-experimental-nit-rules

I think the biggest adjustment with the experimental rules for the NIT is with the fouls.

You can foul quite a bit more. 4 in a quarter without sending someone to the line (vs 6 for a half before the other team shoots).

But the fouls are more costly, especially in end-game situations, with the elimination of 1-and-1s.

"It will be interesting," CU coach Tad Boyle said. "No one-and-one. As many front ends of one-and-ones we've missed, it's probably a good thing.

"I like the fact that they're experimental, to see what works and what doesn't. I think they're reluctant to do (four quarters) but I'll have a lot better feel after this. They're not doing quarters, but they're going to reset (fouls). The gist is the same. You're getting rid of the one-and-one, which I don't like. I like the one-and-one because it puts a premium on that first shot. I think that's what we need to get a little more pressure at the end of those games than you have without the one-and-one."

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/ci_30854784/cu-buffs-adjusting-experimental-nit-rules

@ the bold: Should make the game go quicker which I'm all for.

come on up, you can buy me a beer or 3.

I was leaning towards coming up, but broke with a cold today, minor thing but just annoying enough to not want to be out and about. I've steeled myself for the ensuing 'you big baby' insults.

I was leaning towards coming up, but broke with a cold today, minor thing but just annoying enough to not want to be out and about. I've steeled myself for the ensuing 'you big baby' insults.

drink some nyquil and get on the road, you daisy. Such a doily you've become in your old age, no wonder people dump stuff on your farms. Gaaaahhhh!
free-crochet-doily-patterns-fc_ExtraLarge800_ID-1693057.png

did that meet your expectations?

Rabb and Byrd not playing for Cal and Cuonzo's got one foot out the door.

CSU Bakersfield has started on an 8-0 run.

Utah lost to Boise State.

Cal getting boat raced by Bakersfield in the 1st half. Edit: 44-19 Bakersfield at the half.

Pretty bad performance by a couple of teams that did not want to be playing in those games. Hope the Buffs are actually happy to be playing instead of sitting home and show some life. We will see.

Pretty bad performance by a couple of teams that did not want to be playing in those games. Hope the Buffs are actually happy to be playing instead of sitting home and show some life. We will see.
And both home games for our conference cohorts. One thing for sure - UCF is super-excited to be there.

And both home games for our conference cohorts. One thing for sure - UCF is super-excited to be there.
This game scares the hell outta me. Listening to Tad and reading between the lines, I have a feeling we're less than pumped for this.

Not exactly breathtaking insight, but NIT is so much about who wants to be there. Tad should tell this team to thank their lucky stars they're a 5 seed in NIT after starting 0-7 in Pac play. The reality is I have no idea how they feel and could easily see a dead performance after a long trip.

Today's games:

5 Colorado at 4 UCF, 5pm, ESPN3
7 Belmont at 2 Georgia, 5pm, ESPN3
8 UNC Greensboro at Syracuse, 5pm, ESPN2
7 Akron at 2 Houston, 5:30pm, ESPNU
5 Fresno State at 4 TCU, 6pm, ESPN3
8 South Dakota at 1 Iowa, 7pm, ESPN2
8 UC Irvine at 1 Illinois State, 7:30pm, ESPNU... if UCI wins, we could get a home game for RD2
6 UT Arlington at 3 BYU, 9pm, ESPN2

How the **** do I watch a game that's on ESPN3? Is that an online thing? Is it free?

I hope some team can bring some P12 respectability to the NIT...

May it be the Buffs. Like many here, I have two concerns.
1. During the important parts of the season CU showed appearance of "not caring"
2. What we heard at end of season was frustration and ready to move on, and perhaps not in a competitive tournament.

This is the players and coaches chance to show us they really care and they want to succeed. I don't care if it is "JUST THE NIT." Have some Buff pride, quit pouting and pointing fingers. Play as hard and smart as you can and make something good happen!

Back