What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

I'll just remind you all that we won a national championship with a coach I would describe as "great recruiter, questionable game day coach".

College football is 90% recruiting. I'll take great recruiter/mediocre game day over the opposite 10 times out of 10.
No question, the players make the difference.

Problem with Mel is that when it comes to playing his recruits overall look better on paper than they do on the field. Attrition rate is high and a lot don't live up to their hype.

Reactions: KCM
That contract was comnpletely out of line with anything ever issued before to a coach who hadn't won national titles.
Hence the desperation of a college football program that aspires to compete for national championships and thought they’d found an elite coach and didn’t want to lose him.

I’m thankful now that Michigan State stole Mel away from CU. I did like the energy he brought to our program for the short time he was here. But I’m so glad that the $95 million dollar contract is the Spartans’ problem and not ours. If we had thrown a ton of money at Mel to keep him, we’d be in the place they find themselves now. So enjoy Spartans! and… go State or go Big Green…. Or whatever the heck they say for their team.

I’m thankful now that Michigan State stole Mel away from CU. I did like the energy he brought to our program for the short time he was here. But I’m so glad that the $95 million dollar contract is the Spartans’ problem and not ours. If we had thrown a ton of money at Mel to keep him, we’d be in the place they find themselves now. So enjoy Spartans! and… go State or go Big Green…. Or whatever the heck they say for their team.
You’ll never have to worry about a $95m contract at CU

You’ll never have to worry about a $95m contract at CU
You’re right. But I can see Mel having really stretched our CU budget to a point where we’d be stuck with him here and have the MSU headache they have now. Clearly not $95 million but what if had got a deal for $20? Or even $30?

Just glad he’s a Spartan and not a Buff.

MT has the promotion and the motivation aspects pretty elite. I also think he's a high level defensive mind, even though the performance of his secondary at MSU has been surprisingly bad.

I think he's missing out on having top assistants, other than getting Kap into his program and keeping him. Hard for an OL coach to not be loyal when he's getting paid $1M a year.

MT has the promotion and the motivation aspects pretty elite. I also think he's a high level defensive mind, even though the performance of his secondary at MSU has been surprisingly bad.

I think he's missing out on having top assistants, other than getting Kap into his program and keeping him. Hard for an OL coach to not be loyal when he's getting paid $1M a year.
I agree he’s a great motivator and is very persuasive. I don’t really know about his expertise and ability to plan and teach, but he seems above average. However, he seems fundamentally dishonest and can’t deliver on the promises he sells. As players and people in the program figure that out it becomes a rot from within the core of the program.

We might have dodged a bullet here.

Sparty cooking up something to get out from under that $95 million?

First off it would be a strange twist for the school that gave us Dr. Larry Nasty to go after a coach for sexual harassment.

At the same time they haven't been entirely pleased with how the team has been doing and if this turns out to be provable it gives them a quick out on the remaining 8 years of his contract at $9.5 million per.

Having issues linking, but USA Today has the details behind the complaint. Brutal.
He’s done.

According to her complaint, Tracy sat frozen for several minutes while Tucker made sexual comments about her and masturbated. His violation, she said, reopened 25-year-old wounds from her rape by four men – three Oregon State University football players and a high school recruit.

In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”

Of all the people to sexually harass, he picks the sexual harassment expert. That guy is so despicable.

Of all the people to sexually harass, he picks the sexual harassment expert. That guy is so despicable.
He

Mel shouted out, "catch me, punish me!"
With a normal victim, it may have been stupid (and the other bad stuff)
To do it with this lady was close to intentional career and family suicide.

Back