What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State at Colorado Thread

Buffs need to keep playing Oregon State instead of trying to play the clock.

Again impressed with Yaz. Not the biggest guy or the best athlete, and he does get beat by some of the studs in the league, but he plays smart most of the time and gets those hustle plays; like the last tip to Fortune on the fast break.

Complete change of pattern. Games we blew the lead we went into a shell.

Tonight we are staying agressive. When OSU tries to take chances we turn them into points.

Solid win tonight, we needed it badly and we got it.

Buffs shoot 42%
Beavs shoot 30%
Buffs 18 turnovers
Buffs +18 rebounding margin
Buffs win by 17

#tadball is back!

COMPARISON
STAT OSU COLO
FG% 30% 42%
FGs 18-61 22-52
3FG% 21% 38%
3FGs 3-14 6-16
FT% 60% 78%
FTs 15-25 21-27
TOs 12 18
PtsOffTO 17 11
TotReb 33 48
DefReb 19 35
Off Reb 14 13
2ndChPts 12 18
BenchPts 22 12
Blocks 3 10
Steals 11 4
Assts 3 12
Times Tied:4
Time Tied:4:30
Lead Changes:5
LeadTime 2:03 33:27

Great night for Wes Gordon.
So fun to watch when he gets into beast mode.

Buffs basketball is so much more fun to watch tonight.

18 turnovers at home against a middle of the Pac level team is waaaaaaaaay too many. I wish this was an aberration, but it's part of a clear pattern.

That said, it was a great close out to the game, breaking recent trends. Well done Buffs!

Notes from this game: Gary Payton II should win PAC-12 player of the year. Josh Scott should be runner-up. Both Josh Scott and Wesley Gordon should be in the running for PAC-12 defensive player of the year, but that could go to Payton too.

Man, I hope I never have to endure these announcers ever again.

Does everyone know Josh Scott is a coach's dream? He is a senior that keeps getting better. This is the college basketball version of Tim Duncan.

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard Tad say "Dana Altman is as good of a coach as there is in our league" on the postgame show. Anybody there to see his face when he said that? I'm sure he was pained.

Game threads are so entertaining after the fact. We won by 17, guys, against a good team with an absolute superstar having a good night. I'm pretty damn happy right now.

Biggest thing that was so clear -- when Wes is aggressive on the offensive glass and this team values the basketball, they become really damn good. During the stretches when that was happening, OSU had no answers outside of Payton going manimal and the Buffs pulled away.

Also, I'm starting to really like the way this team plays when both Yaz and Dom are on the court. Maybe we need to see more of that instead of either/or.

My thoughts:
GP 2.0 is probably the best player I have seen in Boulder since Tad has been here. He is tremendous. I'm probably forgetting someone obvious, but man, he does everything.

Josh was dominant tonight. Him and Wes made it impossible for beavs to score inside. The Josh vs GP possessions that happened because of switches were fun. Wes, as has already been said, was fantastic.

I agree with Nik about the Yaz-Dom backcourt. They were good in the second half. Think we're going to see more of it.

Saw something I've never seen before tonight. OSU's first big off the bench was going to be N'diaye. He went to check in at the first media timeout, but forgot his jersey. Tinkle got pissed at him and he ended up playing only like 2 minutes. Don't know how many minutes he usually plays, but he obviously got buried for being an idiot.

Back