What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac 12 Championship Pregame Thread - Buffs vs Huskies

And spectacular!
picgifs-nailed-it-amazed-excited-688812.gif

Handlers have classes, and the trip takes days (and is expensive).
Ok. I remember she made it to every B12 CG. I figured this would be no different. SAN Francisco is farther away than Dallas or KC, so I guess I understand. Still sucks though.

You have to be pretty careful transporting large animals cross country. You need to stop and give them water every 2 hours or so and monitor their health (not overheated, etc.). Then (at least with horses) you get them out every 4 hours to stretch their legs. That would not be a trivial task with a buffalo. They could fly the game day handlers in the day of the game, but that would be additional cost, etc.

Side Note: when attending the 1990 Orange Bowl, my buddy and I were out for a morning run the day before the game and saw the Ralphie trailer at a stop light. Both of us were wearing CU t-shirts. We started yelling and cheering like mad men running towards the truck and trailer. The drivers loved it, once they realized they were not being attacked.

Last edited:
Ok. I remember she made it to every B12 CG. I figured this would be no different. SAN Francisco is farther away than Dallas or KC, so I guess I understand. Still sucks though.
It definitely sucks, but those Big 12 CCGs were all on Saturdays, and I think this game being on a Friday doesn't help. I have also heard that this Ralphie doesn't like to travel as much as her predecessors.

Fun fact: Ralphie handlers are on scholarship.

You have to be pretty careful transporting large animals cross country. You need to stop and give them water every 2 hours or so and monitor their health (not overheated, etc.). Then (at least with horses) you get them out every 4 hours to stretch their legs. That would not be a trivial task with a buffalo. They could fly the game day handlers in the day of the game, but that would be additional cost, etc.

Side Note: when attending the 1990 Orange Bowl, my buddy and I were out for a morning run the day before the game and saw the Ralphie trailer at a stop light. Both of us were wearing CU t-shirts. We started yelling and cheering like mad men running towards the truck and trailer. The drivers loved it, once they realized they were not being attacked.
False, Nebraska fans disprove your assertion.

Time for some here on allbuffs to step up and volunteer. How hard can it be for 6 fat 50 y/o guys to run a Buffalo around a stadium? Plus you get to dress up like a cowboy.

damn. that's cold. truthful, but cold-hearted. we'll need a defibrillator handy for some of my fly-over state allbuffs brothers but it might still be worth it.

damn. that's cold. truthful, but cold-hearted. we'll need a defibrillator handy for some of my fly-over state allbuffs brothers but it might still be worth it.
Might have to become the University of Colorado Clydesdales if some mascot has to drag six of me around the field.

It would definitely become one of the highlights of the year on espn "you had one job"

I think our chances of winning this game are no worse than 50/50. The Buffs need to play nearly mistake-free, convert 40% (or better) of third downs, and get a favorable bounce somewhere.

Browning has been money all year. His stats aren't spectacular until you look at his number of TD passes and his TD/INT ratio. Jaw dropping stuff. Also, the guy is the definition of poise. And their WR Ross is world class. Having said this, I think we can put some pressure on Browning. This is the PAC 12, so he hasn't seen many good defenses.

Time for some here on allbuffs to step up and volunteer. How hard can it be for 6 fat 50 y/o guys to run a Buffalo around a stadium? Plus you get to dress up like a cowboy.

I'm in. If I get a free trip I'm down and I can still run, just hope I don't pull anything. Ha

Okay ... I'm going to post this here and now so I won't have to post it during the game. I don't usually give much serious consideration to conspiracy theories regarding the nature of officiating during a game (other than possibly in the $EC) ... in as far as conferences may have a preference as to which team wins any given game, and that this might influence the calls on the field, whether it be deliberate or unconscious.

But it's pretty evident that a UDub win and a possible, maybe even likely, berth in the playoff will benefit the PAC 12 in general, both financially and in conference prestige, much more than will a CU win. Does anyone else have any concern that this might influence the refs in the game tomorrow, and that most of the close or questionable calls or non-calls might skew in favor of the Dawgs, even if it's only subconsciously?

I just wanted to get this out of the way ... but I'm pretty sure that if this does indeed seem to be taking place, the issue will be raised during the game, probably in ALLCAPS and with multiple exclamation points.

It's been on my mind. There is certainly incentive, for the conference.

Generally I believe that officiating conspiracies are overblown. I hope at the end of the game that all reasonable fans feel the officiating was unbiased.

Nothing would surprise me LBuff. as far as Ralphie not being there, maybe they can put a halter on Chip and let them run him around the field?

Back