What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

He’s not wrong. I’d argue that CU would have sucked in any conference so the move really wasn’t a catalyst for our sucktitude. Nebraska and Missouri can comfort themselves with the mountains of cash they are receiving. Hell, even CU is better off, financially, than they were in the B12.

Do we know for sure that BYU, Houston, UCF and Cincinnati are all headed to the B12? I don’t remember seeing that as confirmed, but it’s also possible that it got lost in all the noise.

You need to look a little harder. Those four are in that graphic.

Yeah. I know. That’s why I asked. I was wondering if that’s been finalized.

I wouldn't expect the final exit fees for all of those schools to be announced at this point. More like later this year if not next year. Lawyers are going to take their sweet time you know.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith on Tuesday proposed the 10 FBS conferences operate under the umbrella of the College Football Playoff with their own rules and structure while the NCAA continues to host championships for basketball and Olympic sports

Link

Might be relevant to this thread or not. OU signs contract with ESPN for ESPN+ streams of their third tier games.

SEC having its own playoff?

Miami?

I'm sure this would make @hawg1 go six to midnight, but I truly believe the more the SEC isolates itself from the rest of the field, the worse off they are going to be.

I have no idea whatsoever if this is 100% bull**** or only 55% bull****, but my Oklahoma based uncle was saying that OU's alums and boosters are having second thoughts, especially since Texas may buy their way out of the Big 12 (and into the SEC) earlier than OU can.

I have no idea whatsoever if this is 100% bull**** or only 55% bull****, but my Oklahoma based uncle was saying that OU's alums and boosters are having second thoughts, especially since Texas may buy their way out of the Big 12 (and into the SEC) earlier than OU can.
OU & KU to make a Pac-14 would be the move if there was any way to make it happen.

If OU doesn't go to the SEC, they're never leaving the Big 12, imo.
It could happen with the B1G. They'd go to 16 with OU and make an offer on par with the SEC. They could sell their fans on the Nebraska rivalry and a much easier road to the playoffs from the B1G West than the SEC West.

I'm dreaming when I think of a Pac possibility.

Those Texas boosters are tired of losing to Kansas in football and that is the reason they want to bail ASAP. :cool:

The Big 12 just received a nice payday from the networks and the Big 12 is obviously withholding some of that from OU & UT which would mean the payout would drop plus both athletic departments are self supporting. The AAC exit deals for each team is $18M per school paid over 14 years and the Big 12 does not have to give BYU, UCF, UCinn, and UH full conference payouts for a set number of years because that money would be going to the Big 12 entry fees.

That means OU & UT can seriously start talking about leaving the Big 12 after this upcoming season. They could do maybe a $15-$20M upfront payment and pay the rest over time. The holdup is probably not related to how much OU & UT is going to pay to get out of the Big 12 early but the Big 12 TV contract stipulation that could really impact future Big 12 media contracts.

Classic. And I hope they do

Back