What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Time for a strong Pac-12/Big Ten alliance (not necessarily a merger) with both getting to 16 teams.
Could be the road we both go down.

SEC/ACC alliance would also work.

We'd end up with an AFL/NFL situation in college sports. There are worse things that could happen.

Ohio State site says USC, UCLA, Oregon and… wait for it… Colorado are “VERY interested and all have made direct overtures to the Big Ten about membership”

I Hope Please GIF

If you are an Auburn or Texas A&M, tell me how going to 20 or 24 leaves you in a better position as a football program. The path is a whole lot clearer right now at 16 than it will be in that hypothetical.

Because money talks and people and ESPN want to see games between high profile teams and will pay for it. You either go with the times or get left behind as the landscape is changing.

Ohio State site says USC, UCLA, Oregon and… wait for it… Colorado are “VERY interested and all have made direct overtures to the Big Ten about membership”

I JUST CAN'T HANDLE ****TY MIDWESTERN ROAD TRIPS!

Because money talks and people and ESPN want to see games between high profile teams and will pay for it. You either go with the times or get left behind as the landscape is changing.

Right. You make a lot of money and watch the big dogs win.

Everyone and his mother should be fired if they weren’t very interested in B1G membership.

The Super League idea hasn’t yet gained traction in European Football because most supporters still care about the game more than piling more money. The same cannot be said for fans of the $EC. The rest will just do it for relevance.

Plus there’s a precedent in college football with constant realignment. There isn’t here.

And NIL just poured gas over the fire.

You’re probably right, but a duopoly between those two would probably be 20-24 teams in each league and an NFL/AFL type setup. Or, an NFC/AFC setup where the winners of each play for the Natty

Possible. I think things were trending that way already (and the Tucker thing with us going for KD really drive that home) with sizeable revenue gap between those two and the rest and this coupled with NIL will accelerate it.

Pac-12 has 9 AAU members. Those plus KU would make 10.

Merge with B1G. A 24-team superconference in 4 6-team pods sounds like a plan.

1. USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, UO, UW

2. UA, Utah, CU, KU, NU, Iowa

3. Minn, Wisc, NW, Illinois, UM, MSU

4. OSU, PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue

If it's about the money, play a 14-game schedule so you can play your pod every year and everyone else 2/4 years.

Last edited:
Everyone and his mother should be fired if they weren’t very interested in B1G membership.
My only complaint, and I’ll continue to stand by this, is I’m sick of seeing CU suck at football. If this happens, we might end up being good in the B1G, but damn it’s gonna take a long time. The B1G is tied for the deepest conference in the country IMO, and we will get embarrassed unless and until our university decides that it wants to win. It will be noticeable harder than the PAC.

It will be amazing to watch these games, and travel throughout the conference, but my liver might not be able to survive it.

Pac-12 has 9 AAU members. Those plus KU would make 10.

Merge with B1G. A 24-team superconference in 4 6-team pods sounds like a plan.

1. USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, UO, UW

2. UA, Utah, CU, KU, NU, Iowa

3. Minn, Wisc, NW, Illinois, UM, MSU

4. OSU, PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue

If it's about the money, play a 14-game schedule so you can play your pod every year and everyone else 2/4 years.

AAU or not doesn’t matter anymore at this point.

The only thing that matters here is your football program, how committed you are to it, the fan support etc.

Why play ball with the SEC and/or ACC mutation? You only go to 24 to never have to play anyone else in football, so why would the other conferences be okay with playing them in basketball? They could tell them to get ****ed.

My only complaint, and I’ll continue to stand by this, is I’m sick of seeing CU suck at football. If this happens, we might end up being good in the B1G, but damn it’s gonna take a long time. The B1G is tied for the deepest conference in the country IMO, and we will get embarrassed unless and until our university decides that it wants to win. It will be noticeable harder than the PAC.

It will be amazing to watch these games, and travel throughout the conference, but my liver might not be able to survive it.

I am sick of it, too, but I simply don’t have the feeling that CU is committed to having a good football program and willing to undertake the necessary steps as frustrating as it is. Hiring Dorrell made that clear to me.

If we want to win games we need to join the Mountain West.

Back