What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**Official Road Trip to Laramie 11/22 Thread**

Check their posts on the wyo boards: https://wyoming.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2159&tid=206733979&mid=206733979&sid=896&style=2

Mostly whining about us potentially not continuing the series.

As a former laramie resident, I'll second the altitude recommendation (and their beer is strong/good), and add in jeffreys & the crow bar.

Also, the arena will be packed, and they are really getting up for this. I think they are playing up the fact that we went in there 2 years ago #19 and they beat us.

And not only do we trail in the overall rivalry, we trail in the tad era as well. A win tomorrow would even it up though.

curious, of the people going to the game, how many will bother to DVR the CU/Oregon football game?

how many will of those will make a point to NOT see the football score and wait until....
a) after the hoops game to watch?
b) after you get home (or hotel) to watch?
c) screw waiting -- instead, refreshing the score on your phone constantly and be distracted from the game your attending?
d) try to go for a or b, but have a friend/family member send you a text spoiling it?

And Tad isn't continuing the series - read it somewhere in the last 24 hours. Says CU is gonna take a bread from Wyo.

Personally, I am disappointed. I'd like to see CU play CSU, Wyo and DU every season. UNC and Air Force less so often.

Wyoming is a weird game for us. They start strong, beat us more often than not and then fall apart during the season. If they would finish the season the way they started, it would be a great series for us. Unfortunately they tend to be a bad loss for us due to their rpi.

This is always a worrisome game for me. They really get up for this, and it's going to be a total home crowd tomorrow. I wouldnt mind continuing the series, but I'd rather get higher profile teams in. That said, None of those high profile teams WANT to come to boulder. Wyoming (and CU, for that matter) dont take a huge RPI hit off this game, win or lose.

They are going to have to put together a good game tomorrow, and take care of the damn ball. I'm hoping that ski doesnt start forcing shots up, because that will just give them MORE time to execute on the other end if he missed.

Just so we're clear how much Wyo has owned us lately:

We ground out a 63-58 win last season. Before that, we had lost 6 in a row between '98 and '12. We haven't won in Laramie since 1996, albeit we've only played there 3 times since. We came in ranked in 2012 and got exposed, even after they beat the **** out of us in Boulder in 2011.. We trail 36-42 overall and are 11-26 in Laramie.

It's going to be a tough one. I want to believe we're due to finally beat these guys with relative comfort, but I feel that way every year and it hasn't panned out yet.

Line only opened as CU -2.

Seems about right from what we know about our recent struggles with Wyo. Hard one to spot though given Wyo is basically completely untested having only faced NoCo and Western St and it being our first road game.

Also, regardless of tomorrow's result, it would really be nice if they could finally stay healthy. Year after year they put up a gaudy OOC record and then injuries cause disaster in MWC play. It turns what should be lock top 100 opponent into a sub 100 squad.

Despite being a serious thorn in our side, I'm a bit sad to see this series go on hiatus. It's a fun OOC rivalry. We need rivals. I'm sure Tad has something good in the works as a replacement. I'd like to see BYU, New Mexico, NMSU and UTEP appear on schedules. Solid regional opposition.

Last edited:
they put up a gaudy OOC because they ****ing FEAST on red velvet cupcakes. They just played ****ing WASTED STATE for ****s sake.

and yes, @cville - I'd like to see the following teams in/on our ooc:

UNM - regional team, good bball, could be a great rivalry - no RPI penalty, as they usually play well.
Wichita St - Another solid program, and within driving dist (though it's a ****TY Drive)
Wyo - Always solid
CSU - Because they **** sheeps
UTEP - They are usually solid
Boisie st - getting better

Would be nice to have an inter mountain tourney and include many teams from the region, host at the can.

they put up a gaudy OOC because they ****ing FEAST on red velvet cupcakes. They just played ****ing WASTED STATE for ****s sake.

Wyo, they've played their fair share of cupcakes, but there's really no denying they would have done far better than 18-15 (9-9) last season with a healthy Nance and better than 20-13 (4-12) the season before with the discipline/injury issues of that season. Wyo's weak OOCs aren't even close to the full story.

And in fairness to Wyo, home scheduling has to be a bitch for them. We know what it's like being geographically isolated and at elevation. But Wyo is even more isolated and doesn't offer nearly as much for an opposing team's resume. They really need to get themselves into quality neutral site tournaments.

Last edited:
Wyo, they've played their fair share of cupcakes, but there's really no denying they would have done far better than 18-15 (9-9) last season with a healthy Nance and better than 20-13 (4-12) the season before with the discipline/injury issues of that season. Wyo's weak OOCs aren't even close to the full story.

Of course they would have done better with a healthy nance - he's their best player. CU last year would have done better had spencer been healthy all season, but unfortunately both of those guys got hurt, so that's not where we were at. The dicipline issues the season before were because one of their better players thought it was a good idea to kick a guy who was laying in the middle of the street knocked out cold in the jaw like a football player.

I'm not saying they are a bad team at all - because they are not - but lets be real here. they inflate their record in OOC then slowly lose traction when MWC play comes to town. Aside from CU in 2012, who else did they beat in OOC & Conf? They beat us (#19 at the time) in the non-con, and #15 SDSU @home, and that's IT for good wins that year. I like WYO and I root for them when they are playing any team but CU, but they need to step up their ****ing OOC.

As for the tournaments, I totally agree. No one wants to go to AA just like no one wants to go to the keg. You might win (as the visitor), but you'll probably lose, so why bother making the trip. It's tough to get to (you have to fly to laramie or bus from DIA) and it's 7200 ft. No one is going to be jumping at that. There should be an inter-mountain tourney that has the best mountain teams like UNM, Witchita St, CU, CSU & WYO + a few others. THat would get good teams out here for cheap for all colleges. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. We all have to play the cards we were dealt. CU wanted UK this year and got denied like a junior on prom night. Gotta keep working tho and getting better to get the big games, but CU (or WYO) cant keep beating each other up - we have to get better wins outside this series.

Last edited:
So, which conference provides the officiating for this game. Not that officiating matters or anything.

CU CAN'T WIN IN LARAMIE

Well yes we can, but just saying, it has been hard since 1996 haha. Leaving for Laramie around noon.

LOOKS to be 10-15 degrees colder up there than expected around the Denver area, while it is ALWAYS windy in Wyoming, today seems to be especially windy up there with gusts up to 55 MPH, Boooooo....

Safe driving to all and WEAR ALL BLACK TO SHOW OUR BUFF PRIDE, let's be the annoying black invasion of their DOOM OF DOME GOLD OUT. And please use #SellOutCU when referring to our #RoadBuffs on Twitter! We got this Buffs fans!! Be LOUD!!

Oh and according to Twitter post, we are only 1-6 against WYO since the departure of Chauncey Billups.

GO BUFFS!!

curious, of the people going to the game, how many will bother to DVR the CU/Oregon football game?

how many will of those will make a point to NOT see the football score and wait until....
c) screw waiting -- instead, refreshing the score on your phone constantly and be distracted from the game your attending?
d) try to go for a or b, but have a friend/family member send you a text spoiling it?

Don't think anyone else answered. For me, I've always been a basketball fan first, so our pathetic football team does nothing to interest me at this point. It is basketball season.

there's a football game today?

Back