What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

The "Spring Showcase" is scheduled for April 30 and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
Can I attend?

quagmire GIF

Fontenot says he is 100% and has felt that way for months. Given that there will be a QB competition this summer when Noyer comes back from that shoulder surgery, the RB competition should be fun to read about and watch this spring.

B Lewis has the inside track to be the starter in the fall. Just got to go out and there and earn it. Learn the playbook, be confident and let his talent speak for itself. They should ban him from scrambling during spring ball. He is the most talented QB on campus. But sometimes talent is not enough.

I like the potential of Senn. He has the physical tools. Just need to continue to work on technique. The 6'10 guy is also intriguing. We have potential. But I agree maybe only 3 tackles are ready to see the field. Filip, Ray and Wiley. Hopefully Spring ball can get Senn ready to play in the fall.

Did we go from dominant offensive line and one of the top rushing attacks in the country to possibly not able to field a P5 level O-line in just one year?
Interior looks pretty good and Fillip is a good player, but unless Wiley, Senn, or Lictenhaun have made major strides in development, RT looks rough. Fillip can't get hurt.

Depth and talent at tackle has been one of my main concerns for 2021. Now with Sherman going pro and Wray medically retiring, you absolutely need a transfer. Not going to be pretty with what is there.

It sounds like they have Ray plugged in at RG at the moment and want to use him as a swing tackle if issues arise. I'd say that's a given if nothing changes before the fall at tackle.

I don't expect anything out of Poplawski, but sounds like he has been his healthiest since arriving. Anymore injuries and you have to assume he is done, but the talent is there for him to be a good depth piece and would be pretty big for 2021

I don't expect anything out of Poplawski, but sounds like he has been his healthiest since arriving. Anymore injuries and you have to assume he is done, but the talent is there for him to be a good depth piece and would be pretty big for 2021
What TE look like now? Russell, Lynch, Pell, Stillwell, Poplawski, Passarelli, Fauria, Olsen. Missing anyone? Think there’s going to be some attrition in there

What TE look like now? Russell, Lynch, Pell, Stillwell, Poplawski, Passarelli, Fauria, Olsen. Missing anyone? Think there’s going to be some attrition in there
Yeah. Schmanski as a walk-on as well, but he is obviously one dimensional.

I think you need a combo of Russell, Lynch, Pop/Fauria/Olsen to do what they want to do. That gives you 4 guys with some wiggle room when injuries happen. Ideally, you want two guys who give you something in the run and pass game and then at least the rest gives you one area of good. It seems that's only possible with Russell, Fauria, and Olsen at this point. Lynch isn't going to all of a sudden learn how to catch the ball, but we know he is a very good blocker. Pop is that wild card that gives you an every down kind of guy as well.

It seems to me they want to run a lot of 12 personnel just as long as they have the talent/depth to do so at TE.

Last edited:
Back