What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oh noes ... RIP CJ

BuffBronco

sad panda GIF by South Park

RIP CJ. He was one of the good guys. Even my friends from other schools loved him. Dying at age 50 in 2022 is crime one way or another.

I've been trying to find that crazy catch he made against Nebraska on the sideline, haven't found it. It was a rainy bitch that day. Pretty sure it was in Lincoln.

Lived right next to him and Erik Mitchell in the dorms freshman year. He was every bit the nice, soft spoken guy portrayed in those stories. This sucks. :cry:
One of those you wanna like it and be sad at the same time, just sucks man. Prayers to him and his family, friends.

I challenge anyone to name a buff receiver who had more catches with no one within 20 yards of him. It seemed like he’d have at least 1 touchdown a game where he was the only guy in the frame. One of my all time favorite buffs. RIP

Like others, CJ was one of my favorite Buffs.

I remember reading a story about his childhood, where he lived in a closet and survived on a diet consisting largely of ice cream. No an easy up bringing and shows wat a strong person he was to over come that.

Rest In Peace.

I remember reading a story about his childhood, where he lived in a closet and survived on a diet consisting largely of ice cream. No an easy up bringing and shows wat a strong person he was to over come that.

Rest In Peace.

I believe he was homeless for a bit as well, and slept on the front lawn of his town's public library. The ESPN Gameday special on him showed him looking down to Boulder from one of the scenic overlooks on Flagstaff, and it seemed like he still couldn't believe he'd made it out of the gutter. He seemed like a humble dude.

Rest In Peace.
That was the story I was talking about when I mentioned Fowler up above.

“A police investigation has been initiated after a welfare check at a Raleigh hotel discovered a body.” Doesn’t sound good.

Absolutely heart wrenching. Between him, Salam and Ted Johnson, that’s 3 guys I used to see on campus who have suffered greatly from this sport. It’s stories like this that cause me to question my support for the sport in general.

i will always have fond memories of Johnson. May his suffering be a lesson for others who might be saved.

Absolutely heart wrenching. Between him, Salam and Ted Johnson, that’s 3 guys I used to see on campus who have suffered greatly from this sport. It’s stories like this that cause me to question my support for the sport in general.

i will always have fond memories of Johnson. May his suffering be a lesson for others who might be saved.
3 of my favorites. Really sad.
When you have a commissioner who makes $50 million a year, coaches $5m, announcers $1 or 2, it's hard to rock the boat. The situation with Tagovailoa (sp) shows how they balance their desire to protect players, against their desire for results and excitement. .

We were there at the same time. I had classes with Westbrook and Kordell.

The CTE issues, the concussions, the mental health problems, the damage to their bodies has really put a damper on my interest in the game. Most of the kids playing today will have the same troubles.

Back