What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ohio State Roll Call - Sept 24th

It sounds like the Columbus Topiary Garden is the thing to do. You guys should definitely hit that.

Topiary Garden
x.gif
[SUP]#[/SUP]2of 58 attractions in Columbus

x.gif
6 reviews

Georges Seurat's "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" is recreated in a sculptured evergreen garden featuring larger-than-life human figures, animals and boats.

Attraction type Gardens; Parks
Distance 0.9 miles from city center
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g50226-Activities-Columbus_Ohio.html

I visit every time I'm in Columbus. I've been to a lot of Topiary Gardens in my travels--as you can imagine, what with being in the Navy and all--and this is probably my second favorite behind the magnificent garden in Singapore known as "Raffing Rakes Topiary Extravaganza".

What makes the Columbus experience so amazing is that the sculptures are "larger than life" and that is in every sense of the concept. When you're there, life seems somehow bigger. Also, since trees are often bigger than the things depicted, Georges Seurat's vision was to make his art the size of the tree, rather than the size of the thing represented. It's brilliant really. I've been to a lot of gardens where the sculptures are just "the regular size of life". Now, to see a tree as small as a cat is impressive on one level, but on another, it really lacks the "wow" factor I experience in Columbus.

There's also a nice Olive Garden right off the freeway in Columbus.

I visit every time I'm in Columbus. I've been to a lot of Topiary Gardens in my travels--as you can imagine, what with being in the Navy and all--and this is probably my second favorite behind the magnificent garden in Singapore known as "Raffing Rakes Topiary Extravaganza".

What makes the Columbus experience so amazing is that the sculptures are "larger than life" and that is in every sense of the concept. When you're there, life seems somehow bigger. Also, since trees are often bigger than the things depicted, Georges Seurat's vision was to make his art the size of the tree, rather than the size of the thing represented. It's brilliant really. I've been to a lot of gardens where the sculptures are just "the regular size of life". Now, to see a tree as small as a cat is impressive on one level, but on another, it really lacks the "wow" factor I experience in Columbus.

There's also a nice Olive Garden right off the freeway in Columbus.

Never ending pasta will make the trip to the Topiary Gardens all the more special.:nod:

61, raining, and humid right now in Columbus. EWWWW. THankfully, looks like the weekend will be quite a bit nicer.... but I am still gonna need a sweater vest. Anyone got a black and gold one I can borrow? :lol:

Thursday: A slight chance of showers before 9am, then a slight chance of showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 65.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 64.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Perfect drinking weather. Just like all weather. What I mean is, perfect football weather.

Guy On A Buffalo

So what is there to do in Columbus? Seriously. I've been there before and know it sucks, but there must be something to do. I heard that there is some german beer hall called schmidts. Anyone know if there is any sort of local cuisine that should be consumed? I'm assuming the local beer is crap. I know the zoo is good, but I've but I've been there before.

I am not getting the connection with the navy. Is this one of those dont ask dont tell things?

I am not getting the connection with the navy. Is this one of those dont ask dont tell things?

Don't ask don't tell no longer! Happy 21 September, except I'm trying to think of a better word for happy, but nothing occurs to me at this moment.

We shall be updating regularly.*

* by regularly, we mean Rugged will post pics from where he always posts, on the toilet.

Was thinking of hitting the beer and brats with the wife and kids at the octoberfest thing before the game and walking to the game... just a stretch of the legs from there to the stadium.

[video=youtube;HdbZZH1bZKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdbZZH1bZKc[/video]

Back