What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ok who was the pessimist that called Hawk?

I am surprised Hawk would lose his cool with a fan - not very Zen like - he must be getting frustrated

He doesn't seem to like stupid questions. Plus, he's probably very frustrated. Bad combo.

Fans are his customers - we all serve annoying if not ignorant customers and we have probably been said customer at some point. Probably not good to put down a customer

as long as we have 11 guys lining up against their 11 guys, i would like to see SOME production and SOME improvement.

no excuses Hawk.

Fans are his customers - we all serve annoying if not ignorant customers and we have probably been said customer at some point. Probably not good to put down a customer

It's a calculated risk. It makes this customer very happy, and probably a few others too. In an odd way, Coach Hawk was providing exceptional customer service.

This is an interesting subject to me in so much that I am irrelevant on this forum. I think that, as I reach 40, I've learned that we just are not always going to win. I had it good being a Miami fan in the 80s with a Dad that had season tickets and was gracious enough to take me. I was also very lucky to be at CU during Mac's last 4 years as HC. I will never forget how wonderful 94' was (my senior year).

I guess I just can't bring myself to criticize any of them because it doesn't do any good. These kids and coaches are human beings that are pouring themselves, misguided or not, into this endeavor and I can't fault them for trying. The last thing they need a little stinging criticism from a wind bag like myself. With my limited knowledge of the game I would never have the balls to call a coach like Hawkins out. I do know that with 50+ underclassmen on the team we were not likely to go anywhere fast.

I guess I just haven't drank the koolaid. I'm waiting for it to get a little hotter before I jump in. :smile2:

Last edited:
Caught the tail end of a conversation between Hawk and a fan last night on his radio show. The fan was asking about the lack of execution from the buffs, and Hawk just drilled this guy ike I have never seen Hawk do before. Hawk asked the guy if he knew our O-line situation, which the guy couldn't answer. Hawk was like, "Do you know who our starting LT is?" And the guy was like No. Then Hawk asked if he knew who our backup LT is, and the guy said no. And Hawk said, "we don't have one". Hawk went on about the youth of this team, how bad the CU situation was when he got here and said that it isn't going to happen over night especially with how young this team is. Hawk then got after the guy for the lack of excecution comment by telling the guy that his players are working their butts off. Hawk didn't sound happy with this fan.

Was this anybody on allbuffs? Syko? Jimmy? :lol:
Anyway, whoever it was, it took some balls, so I gotta give you props for that.:thumbsup:

So let's see, Hawk is now going to take it out on some yahoo fan on why we suck..

Hey hawk, so who's fault is it we don't have a backup LT? Who's fault is it that you are 13-22 here at CU? Who's fault is it that your record against the Big 12 is 7-14? Who's fault is it that you have 5 frickin commitments and its already November? Who's fault is it that you don't have an offense? Who's fault is it we lack any real offensive playmakers in the passing game? Who's fault is it that your Offensive coordinator makes Shawn Watson look like Bill Walsh? How about looking in the mirror Hawk. I tell you, I'm not really in the mood to hear Hawk whine about injuries or how "young" we are whether its true or not. I gave this guy some slack most of this year, but after seeing this I've just about had it with Hawk. Just frickin shut up and win some damn games Hawk.. The lack of execution on this team has been bad all damn year, so obviously they aren't working hard enough or they aren't getting coached well enough.

And no, it was not me that called.. :lol:

Last edited:
Who's fault is it that you are 13-22 here at CU? Who's fault is it that your record against the Big 12 is 7-14?

Gary Barnett's :lol:

Who's fault is it that you have 5 frickin commitments and its already November?

What's everybody so worried about? Last year I think we only had eleven at this point in the cycle, year before only 16. Aw shucks maybe we do have something to worry about. At least until all 10 visitors commit this weekend :lol:

Gary Barnett's :lol:

What's everybody so worried about? Last year I think we only had eleven at this point in the cycle, year before only 16. Aw shucks maybe we do have something to worry about. At least until all 10 visitors commit this weekend :lol:

It is Gary Barnett's fault. If he wouldnt have gotten lazy with recruiting, and if he would have been more "sensitive" when talking to the media, and if he would've ran his program a little cleaner, he would still be here and we would have a few more wins.

BUT, let's see if DH turns it around next year. If he doesnt have a winning season (in 2009), I'm sure we'll all be here expressing our opinions about whether DH can even compete. Time will tell.

It is Gary Barnett's fault. If he wouldnt have gotten lazy with recruiting, and if he would have been more "sensitive" when talking to the media, and if he would've ran his program a little cleaner, he would still be here and we would have a few more wins.

BUT, let's see if DH turns it around next year. If he doesnt have a winning season (in 2009), I'm sure we'll all be here expressing our opinions about whether DH can even compete. Time will tell.

If the injury bug does not bite so hard and we do have an easier schedule I'd say the chances are good that next years record will be better than this years. That said we will not likely be a national power. In 2010 we will be loaded with upperclassman that should give us depth and experience.

Back