What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oklahoma St @ COlorado prediction thread

CU 35
OSU 52

Offense comes together but not enough to match OSU... a shootout of proportions we've not seen since last Thanksgiving. Comeon Buffs... show us you're a little offensive!!

CU kickers 4 (XP's) and (0-3 on FG's)
OSU kickers 3 (XP's) + 2 (2 of 3 FG's)

....You do the math...

Osu-100
cu- 0

This is a compelling post, and an ambitious first effort. Theeric presents a solid argument here; OSU beat Mizzou who went on to destroy CU. 100 points seems reasonable.

But I'd like to present a counterargument.

While I concede that OSU is better than Mizzou, and CU struggled against the Tigers, CU gains some benefit when playing in front of a home crowd at Folsom. Incentive favors the Buffs too. the Buffalo seniors will be playing their last game at home, and the team is fighting for bowl eligibility. In stark contrast, the Cowboys--ranking aside--have very little to gain or lose in their trip to Boulder. Also, CU's defense has held several teams to their lowest or second-lowest point totals for the season, and has some small chance to slow that balanced Oklahoma State offense.

Finally, OSU's pass defense, rated 110th in the nation might give up a touchdown to CU's increasingly confident offense.

So while I respect theeric's prediction, I think he might find something which puts OSU's point-total in the low 90's and CU with at least 7, would be at least a step in the direction of something more reasonable.

One question, why do we have an ad to buy their ringtones on a Buff web site?

Prediction: We lose!

I have the same feeling that I did before the MU game (UPSET), only to find out that I have an upset stomach by the end of the first quarter.

Our chance for a bowl comes down to the corn raisers.

I don't think we'll put anywhere near 90pts on the board. Our BCS shot is gone after the TT raping, but our players are mad and looking for some redemption (not only because of the TT pounding) but because of that 34-0 beating you guys gave us in Stillwater in 05. Although our BCS dreams are done, we can still get an invite to the Gator or Cotton Bowl. That's what were playing for. Robinson has been looking forward to coming back home and playing. You can bet this will be his best performance of the year. Hunter will get his average (maybe more pending on the weather) and I believe Dez will get his 1st TD on the road this year. Our D will be especially be pumped after they got shredded last game. This game should be much like the CU/Mizzou game. Like I said we won't get near 90, I think when the clock hits 00:00 the board will read:

Pokes: 56
Buffs: 7

This is a compelling post, and an ambitious first effort. Theeric presents a solid argument here; OSU beat Mizzou who went on to destroy CU. 100 points seems reasonable.

But I'd like to present a counterargument.

While I concede that OSU is better than Mizzou, and CU struggled against the Tigers, CU gains some benefit when playing in front of a home crowd at Folsom. Incentive favors the Buffs too. the Buffalo seniors will be playing their last game at home, and the team is fighting for bowl eligibility. In stark contrast, the Cowboys--ranking aside--have very little to gain or lose in their trip to Boulder. Also, CU's defense has held several teams to their lowest or second-lowest point totals for the season, and has some small chance to slow that balanced Oklahoma State offense.

Finally, OSU's pass defense, rated 110th in the nation might give up a touchdown to CU's increasingly confident offense.

So while I respect theeric's prediction, I think he might find something which puts OSU's point-total in the low 90's and CU with at least 7, would be at least a step in the direction of something more reasonable.

I don't think we'll put anywhere near 90pts on the board. Our BCS shot is gone after the TT raping, but our players are mad and looking for some redemption (not only because of the TT pounding) but because of that 34-0 beating you guys gave us in Stillwater in 05. Although our BCS dreams are done, we can still get an invite to the Gator or Cotton Bowl. That's what were playing for. Robinson has been looking forward to coming back home and playing. You can bet this will be his best performance of the year. Hunter will get his average (maybe more pending on the weather) and I believe Dez will get his 1st TD on the road this year. Our D will be especially be pumped after they got shredded last game. This game should be much like the CU/Mizzou game. Like I said we won't get near 90, I think when the clock hits 00:00 the board will read:

Pokes: 56
Buffs: 7

I gather you know I was joking about the 90. I feel your prediction itself is a bit ambitious, but who knows? We'll let them play the game.

Interesting login name. Are you your own, one-man Village People cover band?

I gather you know I was joking about the 90. I feel your prediction itself is a bit ambitious, but who knows?

I don't think his prediction is ambitious at all. I have a terrible feeling about this game. We're going to get destroyed.

That's the spirit!

Spirit doesn't enter into it. Look at our offense. Then look at our special teams. Then look at our run defense, then look at the yardage we gave up to ISU last week. Look at how pathetic we played against A&M and Missouri.

Then look at OSU. They run the ball. They pass the ball. They're better prepared. The ONLY thing we have going for us is that the game is in Boulder. That might translate into a 40 point ass beating as opposed to a 60 point ass beating. I'm not being negative, I'm simply looking at the situation. We are not a good football team, OSU is. I'm sorry, but that's reality. Can we win? I suppose, if all goes well, we get 5+ turnovers and can hit a field goal from time to time. But nothing, and I seriously mean NOTHING we've seen so far this year indicates this team is capable of pulling off the win today.

I'll be there anyway. Screaming my bloody head off.

If OSU is held below 40pts I'll be shocked. If our D gives up more than 14, I'll be suprised.

If OSU is held below 40pts I'll be shocked. If our D gives up more than 14, I'll be suprised.

CU has only given up more than 40 once this season, and that was on the road. But, OSU might be the best (certainly most balanced) offense we've faced this season.

OSU's D has been a spotty unit, playing solid games agains potent Mizzou and UT teams, and then giving up big yardage against others. CU has the bottom Offense in the Big XII, so your prediction of less than 14 is backed with some merit.

Looking forward to the game, at any rate.

OSU got wupped last week by a great offense - they may be rebounding or they may be down - Buffs offense on a bit of an upper after last weeks second half? Its in Boulder. But OSU has looked great until meeting the Rud Rooters.

OSU 31
Buffs 14

If the Buffs are going to win this game it's going to take a herculean effort from the defense, so my optimistic prediction is...

CU 13, OSU 7.

If the Pokes are going to win this game it's going to take... well, an average performance from their players, so my alternate (realistic) prediction goes something like...

CU 13, OSU 38.

CU kickers 4 (XP's) and (0-3 on FG's)
OSU kickers 3 (XP's) + 2 (2 of 3 FG's)

....You do the math...

Call me lazy but next time you do the math or else "No list for you" :smile2:

Unleash Hell... 4- 82 OSU
14ers4me...27 to 24
4Dem...20 to 38 OSU
66Buff...41 to 35
96 Buff Buff win (a lot +1)
bch9...28 to 29 OSU
Bornabuff...38 to 31
Boulder Buff...28 to 37 OSU
broncos1... 52 to 13 OSU
Buff4bcs1985...31 to 24
buffs04...21 to 42 OSU
Buffsfan09...36 to 35
BuffSurveyor...10 to 44 OSU
Buffsyko...17 to 45 OSU
buffwings...17 to 35 OSU
buffwoman526...36 to 24
Carolinabuff...14 to 38 OSU
Chipwich... Buffs win
Cornh8er...41 to 39??
CU827...28 to 24
CUBuff80...21 to 20
Daah...38 to DNF
DallasBuff...24 to 21
DukeCityBuff...Buffs Lose
GoBuffs08...21 to 49 OSU
Hugegroove...31 to 30
Huskermark07...10 to 52 OSU
IDBUFF...14 to 31 OSU
InTheBuff...35 to 32 or 21 to 38 OSU
IowaBuffFan...35 to 21
Jimmy...17 to 38 OSU
Jlang...13 to 63 OSU
Junction...42 to 38
Liver...16 to 12
Lt.Col.FrankSlade....21 to 52 OSU
Manley...14 to 35 OSU
Matt...13 to 42 OSU
Mick Ronson... 24 to 36 OSU
MrFrumpylane...31 to 26
NMBuff...14 to 13
NW Buff...14 to Mid 40s OSU
Phatmack...35 to 52 OSU
Pissbomber...34 to 31
pokefan...31 to 45 OSU
Ralphiemalph...13 to 7 / 13 to 38
RedDirtBuff....31 to 30
Rraalph 3000...24 to 17
Sackman...7 to 48 OSU
SailorCowboy...7 to 56 OSU
Skidmark...56 to 20
SkiTownUSA...21 to 34 OSU
SliderNcider... 27 to 45 OSU
Snakey...14 to 24 OSU
SnowBuff...34 to 31
Spacemanspiff...27 to 23
Sparkybuffs...38 to 42 OSU
Superior...77 to 3
Swish...31 to 30
theeric...0 to 100 OSU
Unionbuff...35 to 27
Waylon Van Smack...9 to 98 OSU

add me to a 42 21 OSU victory unfortunetly. I really hope that they hit Zac Robinson hard cause he is a CHAT RAT!!!

Back