What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

On a positive note...

Jaximus

Club Member
Club Member
With a loss this bad, I can see 2 positive things happening.

1. Mac gets the team fired up and they go out and play well for the rest of the season and win a couple and a bowl game.

We move on from this loss. Call it a fluke and look forward to a 2019 with more potential to win the Pac 12.

2. He loses the team and they quit on him. They go 0-4 for the rest of the season and miss a bowl game.

Rick George would be forced to fire Mac and we now have a much more attractive program for a big name coach to come in and take us to the next level.

1. Mac gets the team fired up and they go out and play well for the rest of the season and win a couple and a bowl game.

We move on from this loss. Call it a fluke and look forward to a 2019 with more potential to win the Pac 12.

2. He loses the team and they quit on him. They go 0-4 for the rest of the season and miss a bowl game.

Rick George would be forced to fire Mac and we now have a much more attractive program for a big name coach to come in and take us to the next level.
Option 3 is much more likely: muddle through and win one or two more, leaving no clear decision, and lots of acrimony and dissent.

There is no positive note to be found right now. It’s up to the team to show positive, I’m done inferring it after a disgraceful performance like that. Now I need to be shown.

There is no positive note to be found right now. It’s up to the team to show positive, I’m done inferring it after a disgraceful performance like that. Now I need to be shown.

Agree. That was a loud stinky brown note heard around the P12 conference and throughout the football betting world.

That brown note simply can not be a positive note when it takes place in your own shorts in your own stadium against the conference doormat during your own homecoming game.

You can’t just flush away yesterday’s messy situation, either. It’s going to take Lysol, Chlorox, rubber gloves, a respirator, a power washer, shovels, wire brushes, a large plastic lined hazmat vessel, and several cases of diaper rash ointment to clean up that mess.

You can’t just flush away yesterday’s messy situation, either. It’s going to take Lysol, Chlorox, rubber gloves, a respirator, a power washer, shovels, wire brushes, a large hazmat vessel, and several cases of diaper rash ointment to clean up that mess.

All of those things cost too much. So, instead we will just keep trudging along with a great big turd in our pants.

KD Nixon was a positive despite the balls he dropped.

KD got open (and made an insane catch). But why do we have to throw to one guy ALL the time to move the chains? I understand mismatches and all. But to focus so much of the offense on one reciever whether it be KD, Viska, or Spruce suggests a lack of a coherent overall offensive strategy doesn’t it?
It’s like watching isolation basketball teams play against Golden State. There is no question who has the more integrated offensive stragegy to get everyone involved and thereby be tougher to defend. And sure isolation teams will score, but they are also far easier to shut down at critical moments, because you know their thought process so clearly.

And isn’t something open over the middle, ever?

KD got open (and made an insane catch). But why do we have to throw to one guy ALL the time to move the chains? I understand mismatches and all. But to focus an so much of the offense on one reciever whether it be KD, Viska, or Spruce suggests a lack of a coherent overall offensive strategy doesn’t it?
It’s like watching isolation basketball teams play against Golden State. There is no question who has the more integrated offensive stragegy to get everyone involved and thereby be tougher to defend. And sure isolation teams will score, but they are also far easier to shut down at critical moments, because you know their thought process so clearly.

And isn’t something open over the middle, ever?
Yes, we just have an offense that believes there is something evil lurking in the middle of the field..

Yes, we just have an offense that believes there is something evil lurking in the middle of the field..
You know what, if that’s the issue, I’m ok with it. Be committed to what you believe! Maybe there’s a good reason to believe in a lurking mid-field evil. But why does that spectre seem to focus on gold helmets? Everyone else seems to run free. Maybe this should be a different thread.

You can’t just flush away yesterday’s messy situation, either. It’s going to take Lysol, Chlorox, rubber gloves, a respirator, a power washer, shovels, wire brushes, a large plastic lined hazmat vessel, and several cases of diaper rash ointment to clean up that mess.
Paging @Liver.

I'm pretty sure he has a solid stock of all the necessary supplies.

The other positive note is that the only other serious college football fans in my office are Florida State and Oregon alumns, so tomorrow morning won't be too bad.

"Mac gets the team fired up" LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

On a positive note, I tuned the game off at halftime to fix some plumbing in my house that had threatened to flood my basement the night before. After I was done with the plumbing I checked my phone to see what the final score was and was shocked to learn that the Buffs **** the bed. I immediately ran to the DVR and deleted the game. I have saved my eyes from witnessing that debacle and probably stopped myself from developing an ulcer.

On a positive note, I tuned the game off at halftime to fix some plumbing in my house that had threatened to flood my basement the night before. After I was done with the plumbing I checked my phone to see what the final score was and was shocked to learn that the Buffs **** the bed. I immediately ran to the DVR and deleted the game. I have saved my eyes from witnessing that debacle and probably stopped myself from developing an ulcer.
You are either a very smart man, or very lucky. A wise man once told me “it’s better to be lucky than good”. Now that I think back on it, I’m realizing holy **** I didn’t even recognize it must have been mike macintyre.

I’m actually jealous of you, I honestly wish I’d never seen it.

Back