What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One good and one bad take away

Agreed. The shouldas go both ways...if their receiver didn’t drop a TD pass...that’s what makes CFB so exciting! Damn good game and great outcome.

= Montez threw his worst pass this year, underthrown wr was td handed to us wastes. I saw Matt Ryan throw the exact thing against the eagles Thursday. The kids made mistakes but we're walking away with a dub, from that ****ing **** barn, because our players made the plays when we needed

= Montez threw his worst pass this year, underthrown wr was td handed to us wastes. I saw Matt Ryan throw the exact thing against the eagles Thursday. The kids made mistakes but we're walking away with a dub, from that ****ing **** barn, because our players made the plays when we needed
I almost forgot about that. That was the flea flicker, right? Looked like Montez never got a good grip on the ball or something because he waaaay under threw that ball.

We are in total agreement! Montez's underthrown pass "shoulda" been a TD. Plays are made and missed on both sides...winner is the one who makes the plays when they count and we did and the nubs didn't!!! We rule for at least 364 days!!! Woot!

Oregon has Phil Knight. We have Pasta Jay. Suck it Oregon!

According to the Gloria Vanderbilt book of football coaching etiquette, that hug with a restaurant franchise owner is the equivalent of a piss bomb and a middle finger to Scott Frost.

Not even in Phil Knight’s swooshiest dreams does a CEO get to hijack the post-game handshake with Husker Jesus at Nebraska’s disastrous season opener. LOL.

Looking forward to “Pasta Jay-ing” Clay Helton and Chris Peterson in the coming weeks.

footer-logo.png

Locations in Boulder, Moab, and Hays, KS!

Last edited by a moderator:
No complaints about the game. We won.

I rewatched this game and most of CSU and I still feel like we have problems on O and D line. Our o line is just not very good. Maybe adding some of the young guys to the rotation helped, but the o line needs to get better for PAC play. Definitely the main weak spot on the team. D line still has trouble stopping the run and pass rush is still a little light. I really wish we had a recruiting focus on the trenches.

I’m not mad though. Even with our O and D line issues, I think we can make some noise this year. In fact, I think we already have in beating NU. The Nubs were better than I expected. Good line play and their QB is good.

CU capitalized on NU mistakes. I thought CU made some clutch plays when they needed it most. I was not impressed with Scott Frosts play calling or time management at all in the 4th qtr. Going for it on 4th down with 6 min in the game and a lead was beyond stupid. Clock management was atrocious, snapping the ball with 15 or more seconds every down, passing when all you needed was the clock to roll.... Luckily CU coach was equal to the task with some play calls. CU played good enough to win and I tip my hat to you for getting it done. Overall pleased with the effort, technique, improved play and coaching the NU staff has given the players, especially the line play on both sides. Can't really hang this one on the players.

Good luck, congrats on posting the W.
Yeah, time mgmt play calling was ****ty for you guys when it was clear you had well-established the run earlier in the game. Hat tip to your new coach 'Frosty' (is that really what some of you call him?'), he seems like a standup dude. Adrian's going to be a good QB, and you guys out-physicalled us at critical moments.

Good: this team has grit

Bad: Martinez is good. Slippery ****er who is tough to take down.

Kaiser-Tonz were getting abused (not sure what the official stats were about sacks and pressures given up, but it sure seemed like most of it was the left side); I've never seen Kaiser as a legit tackle athletically. When Sherman went in he held his own 1-one-1 but the middle of the line just didn't seem cohesive throughout the game (Pursell-Lynott especially seemed to have too many misreads that allowed up the middle pressure on Montez). How many snaps did Sherman end up with?
Kaiser and Tonz are not really up to snuff. It is hard to tell sometimes if you don't know the blocking scheme, so I post this with a grain of salt, but Kaiser and Tonz got beat straight up often. Surprisingly, Lynott got beat too, straight up a few times #94 for the corn was a very capable player. OL continues to be a weak link. Montez got the crap beat out of him. Solid effort to stand in and do his job.

Kaiser and Tonz are not really up to snuff. It is hard to tell sometimes if you don't know the blocking scheme, so I post this with a grain of salt, but Kaiser and Tonz got beat straight up often. Surprisingly, Lynott got beat too, straight up a few times #94 for the corn was a very capable player. OL continues to be a weak link. Montez got the crap beat out of him. Solid effort to stand in and do his job.
Davis is a stud on their DL. Really sucks that we lost that recruiting battle. He gave Lynott and Pursell a ton of problems all day. The fact that didn't cause Chev to run left on any key plays says all we need to know about how that side of the line was performing.

How can these guys not recognize the incomparable Jay Elowski? He's been in every major win photo with our coach for the last 35 years! Do it for the Chick Parm, men!
Ha, when you Google his name the first result is...
upload_2018-9-10_12-58-1.png

I don't know why, but I found that really funny.

According to the Gloria Vanderbilt book of football coaching etiquette, that hug with a restaurant franchise owner is the equivalent of a piss bomb and a middle finger to Scott Frost.

Not even in Phil Knight’s swooshiest dreams does a CEO get to hijack the post-game handshake with Husker Jesus at Nebraska’s disastrous season opener. LOL.

Looking forward to “Pasta Jay-ing” Todd Helton and Chris Peterson in the coming weeks.

footer-logo.png

Locations in Boulder, Moab, and Hays, KS!

What's your beef with the former Rockies first baseman?

My respect for Montez went up Saturday. Like you said, he got the crap beat out of him. With that, he threw two dimes to Shenault, right where they had to be. I'm hoping he doesn't know how damn good he can be.:D

Good:
1. Win
2. Many close games during the HCMM era were lost because we beat ourselves. Penalties and stupid turnovers have been the bane of our existence (besides 2016). This game We were able to overcome the few penalties there were.l, and no turnovers.
3. Very tough mentally. There were several times when you get like The Nubs were going to blow it open, and we did a great job of hanging in there.
4. LANDMAN, SHENAULT, MONTEZ

Bad:
1. Play calling got pretty Lingrenesque in the second and third.
2. The trenches were a mess. O-Line is ****
3. I just don’t feel like we are seeing our best guys in the field enough. I think McMillan is a lot better than Evans. I think Ento and Brown should be playing more.
4. We pursued well but one v one tackling wasn’t nearly up to 2016 levels

Coaches got the win and so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on some of these things. In the end a very happy day!

Chev allowed them to load up the box because all we could do is the short passing game. Would have liked to have seen more aggressive passing calls in the first half to force the Corn to respect our downfield game.

Back