What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"One More Year" Chant

Tad Boyle's thoughts on the chant:

"It wasn`t a bad idea," he said. "I don`t know if it`s going to work or not."

Mark Kizsla also based his whole artilce on sun around the chant...

It could really only help our chances. No harm from it at all. Maybe Burks will feel the love and come back to be Pac12 player of the year and set us up with a solid foundation in the new conference.

Speaking of Bohn, I believe he has done a very good job under trying circumstances. He had to make difficult choices such as cutting men's tennis, firing two football coaches, a WBB coach, you name it and he had to clean up the mess of the rape scandal which is no easy job. What he has done is hire a coach like Boyle which looks like it could pay off big time along with that practice facility being built at the CEC. He managed to have Folsom Field average no less than 40k fans per game during the Hawkins saga.

Suppose Boyle hits it big in Boulder while football continues to be a 7-5 type of team, would we be still happy with Bohn? I would have to say YES! I have the funny feeling that basketball will become big in Boulder while football is ok just much like Arizona. Remember Lute Olson took over a then very bad Arizona MBB team and they won their first Pac-10 title in '86 in Olson's third season. The Buffs do have a very good oppournity to become a Pac-12 contender and next season's schedule is very favorable. Where I see the CU MBB program heading down the road is why I am going to be more of a CU basketball fan than a CU football fan. My honest expectation for CU football is a bowl game would be great next season but it will take time to turn things around. Every current CU fan should seriously pat their back for supporting CU through those difficult years.

Speaking of Bohn, I believe he has done a very good job under trying circumstances. He had to make difficult choices such as cutting men's tennis, firing two football coaches, a WBB coach, you name it and he had to clean up the mess of the rape scandal which is no easy job. What he has done is hire a coach like Boyle which looks like it could pay off big time along with that practice facility being built at the CEC. He managed to have Folsom Field average no less than 40k fans per game during the Hawkins saga.

Suppose Boyle hits it big in Boulder while football continues to be a 7-5 type of team, would we be still happy with Bohn? I would have to say YES! I have the funny feeling that basketball will become big in Boulder while football is ok just much like Arizona. Remember Lute Olson took over a then very bad Arizona MBB team and they won their first Pac-10 title in '86 in Olson's third season. The Buffs do have a very good oppournity to become a Pac-12 contender and next season's schedule is very favorable. Where I see the CU MBB program heading down the road is why I am going to be more of a CU basketball fan than a CU football fan. My honest expectation for CU football is a bowl game would be great next season but it will take time to turn things around. Every current CU fan should seriously pat their back for supporting CU through those difficult years.

7-5 Football Team...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

In actuality still too early to predict Tad Boyle and this program becoming a consistent threat. I certainly think we'll have a better opportunity to do so in the Pac 12 and having the facilities to attract talent are now a reality, but we know very little of the type of talent Tad can bring in as everything happening with this current team are simply him coaching Bzdelik's guys. Fan support will be there for any team that can spark some interest and show themselves as a winner, since we have a fan base that has unfortunately have been given nothing for quite some time now.

7-5 Football Team...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

In actuality still too early to predict Tad Boyle and this program becoming a consistent threat. I certainly think we'll have a better opportunity to do so in the Pac 12 and having the facilities to attract talent are now a reality, but we know very little of the type of talent Tad can bring in as everything happening with this current team are simply him coaching Bzdelik's guys. Fan support will be there for any team that can spark some interest and show themselves as a winner, since we have a fan base that has unfortunately have been given nothing for quite some time now.

A 7-5 season would be decent because the Pac-12 teams as a whole is better than the Big 12 as a whole. That with the MBB team doing well would be great for the AD because I believe the CU fanbase has proved that it can still support the football team through lean years and if we continue to sellout the CEC, that would be great. That's why I believe CU should devote their time and energy into the MBB program because I believe the football team will eventually turn things around.

no. I would not. I would be ok with 7 wins. Next year. ANd not as a ceiling.

After five consecutive losing seasons, you will have to be ok with seven wins. I'd love to see CU win 10 games in a season sooner than later although but be real in this case.

I would love to win 7 games next year I was just commenting on the fact that some would be ok with a continual 7 win FB team combined with a successful bb team. I love Embree's comment that success is winning a ring every 4 years

Last edited:
Alec Burks, G/F, Colorado Buffaloes
Top 100 Rank: 21
In a draft devoid of great shooting guard prospects, Burks offers a bit of a quandary. He has the requisite size and athleticism for the position -- but how interested are you in a shooting guard who can't shoot?

That's the problem Burks has faced this season. He excels at getting to the basket but his jumper is still very much a work in progress. He's just 22-for-77 from behind the arc (29 percent) and his overall efficiency level has dropped this season as teams have focused on him.

When Burks is at his best, he's slicing through defenses and finishing at the basket. When he gets free, he can have huge games, and he'll probably need a few of those in the Big 12 tournament to convince NBA execs that he should be in the lottery conversation. As it stands, he's a mid to late first-round pick.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=6192953

Mid to late first round = Junior season IMO

He has said if he isnt projected lottery or top 10 he isnt jumping this year... I hope he stays right around 20.

Back