What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One of the best hoops wins I have ever seen

Playing and winning meaningful games in March! That's what it's all about. :thumbsup: I'm with you 'Nik, one of the best wins for the program period.

capt.a4a25240b02c47ff912257bf2f6e1e54-a4a25240b02c47ff912257bf2f6e1e54-0.jpg

How about beating Indiana / Bobby Knight?

Always thought the Indiana/Bobby Knight thing was overblown. Seriously Knight all but said he didn't like his team much that year, and not sure how hard he was trying given who the next opponent would be and the circumstances behind it. But the fact it was a tournament win was pretty big, which is what I felt was the better thing to hang our hat on.

Always thought the Indiana/Bobby Knight thing was overblown. Seriously Knight all but said he didn't like his team much that year, and not sure how hard he was trying given who the next opponent would be and the circumstances behind it. But the fact it was a tournament win was pretty big, which is what I felt was the better thing to hang our hat on.

agree. that was not in any way a "vintage" Knight/Hoosier team. Bobby had a few early round exits in his late IU career. people tend to act like that Chauncey team never lost a game. they were a very good team, but middle seed and didn't really challenge for the conference title.

agree. that was not in any way a "vintage" Knight/Hoosier team. Bobby had a few early round exits in his late IU career. people tend to act like that Chauncey team never lost a game. they were a very good team, but middle seed and didn't really challenge for the conference title.

I agree with all that. But it was in The Dance.

One of the best things about the win today is that it gives us two straight wins away from Boulder, and it gives us 2 wins against a tourney team on the road (or at a neutral site where they had a lot more fans than we did). One of the biggest weaknesses in CU's resume at the end of the regular season was their inability to win on the road. Today helps a lot in answering that question, I would think.

This has got to be up there. This is a very good KSU team. To go out and beat these guys for a third time, in KC, 5 on 8, was just incredible. We're already in uncharted territory given that this is our first semifinals appearance in the Big12. I want at least two more wins to set a new record for wins in one season. Enjoy this, Buffs, we've got some really special players on this team. This team can more than hold its own against the top teams in the country - that 4-2 record against the RPI top20 says it all. . Let's go scare the **** out of KU tomorrow, hang around, and make our move in the final minutes.

Go Buffs!!!

Last edited:
What about Texas a couple of weeks ago....beating KSU three times this season....beating then #9 Mizzou?

Not saying they're not big wins, but compared to winning conference titles, winning multiple NCAA tournament games, and advancing to Final Fours, they don't compare.

I'm ready for us to at least be at the winning conference titles and advancing deep into the NCAA tournament level soon. I think Boyle can get us there.

beating Final Four teams KU and UT in the same season at the CEC with the Pelle/Morandais/Harrison/Wilson bunch is up there. that's quite an accomplishment, home or not, to own W's over half the Final Four. today was great though. lot of adversity, fight through it for the W.

Pissed I have to keep missing these afternoon games. What a second half by the buffs. Roberson is a stud! Higgy and burks scored well. So, were the refs bad in this one? Great job by CU. Too bad OSU didn't hit that last shot. Oh well, looks like the buffs will be dancing now, beat kansas.

Pissed I have to keep missing these afternoon games. What a second half by the buffs. Roberson is a stud! Higgy and burks scored well. So, were the refs bad in this one? Great job by CU. Too bad OSU didn't hit that last shot. Oh well, looks like the buffs will be dancing now, beat kansas.

Refs were pretty bad. In the second half the Buffs were up to 8 fouls at one point while KSU had 0. For some reason they were calling the slightest bit of contact on our end, and then KSU was allowed to bump our guards every time on the perimeter. That Pullen "steal" was also absurd, he had his arms rapped around Burks. Makes the win even sweeter though -- nothing like winning against the adversity!!

If we thought the refs were against us today, just wait until tomorrow when we play the league's annointed basketball gods. No way does the Big 12 want CU in the finals.

This Buff team has learned to conceal our weaknesses this season against about every team except KU. They're just so strong inside, and we're not. Boyle needs to find a way to get bodies on the Morris guys to give our perimeter guys a chance to get into the flow. Dufault has been in foul trouble BOTH games in this tourney so it sure would be nice to have him at full speed. Therefore (my strategy) let's get some Mills and Eckloff in there early-mid first half. I know we lose a lot on both ends, but we can manage if we spell Burks & Higgins.

The home floor for KU will be a factor, but ANY Texas or A&M fans there will be pulling for the Buffs, so we might have a presence there. Let's just be in the game at halftime & see what happens.

This team has a lot of heart - Go Buffs!

If we thought the refs were against us today, just wait until tomorrow when we play the league's annointed basketball gods. No way does the Big 12 want CU in the finals.

That's the truth. And I get pissed just thinking about all those ****ing KU fans that will be there acting like they're god's gift to mankind.

2 bad the camera was like .4 seconds too late. I really would have loved to get a poster of andre showing pullen where to put that big mouth of his...

Back