What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One year ago today, Karl Dorrell was fired as CU HC

I can only thank KD for the depth of his head coaching incompetence. Had he been any good, at all, had he not lost almost all the good players—leaving behind the worst team in CF, no way the timing of his eventual demise would have worked out for us to get Coach Prime.

It’s all love here.

Happy Anniversary GIF

Mike McIntyre dropping seven straight in 2018 leading to the second 5-7 season
Mel Tugger taking the red-eye to a bigger payday in East Trashcan in early 2020 after a third straight 5-7 2019 season
Karl Dorrell signed his contract after chowing down on a sub. Navigating COVID. Brings longtime backup QB and Safety Sam Noyer back in from the portal. Proceeds to light up a shortened season until facing Utes and then Horns - 4-2 2020 with a bowl appearance. COY, and thinking a dude was hired by accident. Then three games into the 2021 season - 4-8, any and all progress and hope were snuffed out to the end of the 2022 season 1-11.

Really, the last five to six seasons were such a big let down. Now, even with two losses, I feel like there is still sunshine peeking through.

Are we still paying Dorrell?
Is he trying to get a job?
He dropped off the face of the earth

Any fired HC has to make a good faith effort to get employment in order to get paid what they are owed. KD has been coaching each year since 1989 for a total of 33 years when he was fired so it's not unreasonable for him to take a year off before finding a job. Does that mean he doesn't get paid for this year? That's what CU's and his lawyers would sort out.

In KD's defense...and Midnight Mel's for that matter...they were dealing with CU's old BS admission standards...I must be in a good mood...LOL

I get the disdain for the Dorrell era but I’m over Karl Dorrell bashing. I wish him nothing but the best. Seriously.

you might consider ignoring this thread -- I suspect most updates will include further bashing
No doubt. You know, for as hated as he seems to be, his son works for the AD. So the AD and Dorrell’s son don’t seem to have any bad will toward each other.

I’ve never been able to tolerate milquetoast people. I don’t know why, but I just want to grab ‘em and shake ‘em.

Are we still paying Dorrell?
Is he trying to get a job?
He dropped off the face of the earth
I would go missing myself when the 1-11 thing has been mentioned half a million times in the last few months and people who didn't already know start asking who the coach was for such an inept team.

Back