What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Opinions on transfer Josh Fortune

Fun fact - if you look at Fortune's KenPom page, the first player listed as his comparable for his 2014 season?

2014 Xavier Talton

Well, XT looks decent from a stats perspective. Especially going into his season. Over 35% on 3pt shots, over a 1 for A/T (not bad for a designated spot-up shooter, which he should be instead of this wrong-headed PG experiment), and came into the year scoring about 5 points per 20 minutes with progression shown over the course of last season on that.

I'm not an XT hater like a lot of folks this year. I'm not an XT lover like a lot of folks were heading into this year. He's a role player who was mis-used this season and it has messed with his head. His job is to be a steady guy off the bench who can step up and hit some open jumpers while also delivering some momentum plays for the team on the defensive end with his willingness to take a charge. Hopefully with J-Hop settling into a starter's role and with some continued development from Dom we'll be able to see XT put back into the role that suits him and he'll thrive.

A backcourt of Fortune, Jhop, and Collier could take this team a long way. Definitely an upgrade over this year. Dare to dream, but if we could get Dorsey to comm......

Howell Chat yesteday has him projecting Fortune to come off the bench:

q: Hopkins, Fortune, XJ, Gordon, Scott 2015 starters. Collier, King, DT, Treshaun, Tory the second unit. Sound about right?

a: I think it's Collier, Hopkins, XJ, Gordon and Scott, with Fortune, XT, DT, Fletcher, Miller and King coming off the bench.

q: Hopkins, Fortune, XJ, Gordon, Scott 2015 starters. Collier, King, DT, Treshaun, Tory the second unit. Sound about right?

a: I think it's Collier, Hopkins, XJ, Gordon and Scott, with Fortune, XT, DT, Fletcher, Miller and King coming off the bench.

I would agree with that. This team needs a PG so might as well run with Collier next year, we are only going as far as he takes us.

You forgot Dorsey.

Back