What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Opinions welcome

ehhhh, guess I'm a dick, but, I vote for always standing up. Certainly during big plays. I think the ENTIRE time that we're on defense, we should be standing and yelling. This isnt an inconvenience or whatever its being made out to be, ITS FOOTBALL ETIQUETTE . Thats what you do. If physically you have a disability that doesnt allow for that, either put up with watching when you can, or stay home. That comes across as extrmely cold, but, im not being so at all. Not purposely. I wouldnt ride a roller-coaster if I was able to do so, maybe if seeing the entire game was a huge priority, TV's the best option. We sit too much, if anything.

As far as I'm concerned, you did nothing wrong and the old man was wrong. I'm a stander during big plays but sit down afterwards. I don't understand how people can't get excited enough to stand and cheer on your team and get excited, but that is just me. :huh:

I'm always up and down throughout the game. I try my best to sit down during plays. I used to sit by Unleash and those oldtimers get all pissy if you stand up for an extended period of time.

Of course, this story reminds me of the time when my father was at a CU game... he used to stand a fair bit too. A call from behind of "down in front" was quickly met with an "up in back."

I thought that was funny and the exchange still makes me smile, but I do think we should all remember we are not the only ones in the stadium. We should be respectful of those around us. They should be able to view the game too. Sure I hope they show the same excitement I do and don't complain about the times I stand up and yell my heart out. But I will be respectfully enough of them not to block their view all the time either. As was said earlier you should observe the others around you.

I am taking my kids to the WVU game for their first CU football game. I want them to see the game too, but I guess that is probably selfish of me.:huh:

I don't appreciate the "hey they should be standing anyway, because I do" attitude. A couple of thoughts here... lets say you have no discipline in your use of publicly inappropriate language, does that mean that I or my kids should just listen to it because it is part of "football ettiquite?" I think not. (falls into the respect for others category)

I read the stay home and watch on TV thought, here is a different perspective... how many times do you jump to your feet from the couch when you are watching on TV? Hmm, you mean you don't stand the whole time? Perhaps you may not need to be on your feet the entire time at the stadium either.

I'm lucky enough to have someone sitting directly behind me who's always exhorting me to get up and yell. :cool:

I read the stay home and watch on TV thought, here is a different perspective... how many times do you jump to your feet from the couch when you are watching on TV? Hmm, you mean you don't stand the whole time? Perhaps you may not need to be on your feet the entire time at the stadium either.

At home on the couch, the players/coach's cant hear me and I cant create an environment that is hostile to the opponent. Im not advocating being a d-bag and standing the whole game, im saying, we SHOULD be stading the entire time CU is on defense. Its what you're supposed to do. I thought that was like football 101. If we disagree there, fine, but please dont TELL me to sit down when Im cheering for my time on defense and being loud.
Language is a different story and I can agree thats a respect issure. Standing is not. Yet, those who DONT stand are the ones that are vocal with their displeasure??:confused:

I can't stay seated at home either...I am a fan. Not an old fogey out to get some sun and wishes all these kids would just keep it quiet.

At home on the couch, the players/coach's cant hear me and I cant create an environment that is hostile to the opponent. Im not advocating being a d-bag and standing the whole game, im saying, we SHOULD be stading the entire time CU is on defense. Its what you're supposed to do. I thought that was like football 101. If we disagree there, fine, but please dont TELL me to sit down when Im cheering for my time on defense and being loud.
Language is a different story and I can agree thats a respect issure. Standing is not. Yet, those who DONT stand are the ones that are vocal with their displeasure??:confused:

I'm one that is not going overboard either way here. I am as excitable as they come when it comes to CU so I am all for making it hard on the other team, but I will be mindful of those around me too. I can yell just as hard from a seated position if that is the case as from a standing position.

Hey, go to Mile High in the old days, you could stomp on the stands much more effectively seated than standing. :huh:

Lastly, don't tell me I can't have an impact on the game from the comfort of my own couch, when I drink my beer with my left hand our Defense is awesome. Sorry about the first two games, I guess I was in preseason mode and went righty.:smile2:

Lastly, don't tell me I can't have an impact on the game from the comfort of my own couch, when I drink my beer with my left hand our Defense is awesome. Sorry about the first two games, I guess I was in preseason mode and went righty.:smile2:[/QUOTE

:lol: you son of a bitch!!!

Most adult torsos are about the same length, thus making it easier to see eye to eye when sitting. It also makes it easier for all to have a decent view at events while seated, especially in staduim style seating. It's when we are standing that leg length makes the height difference. The height differnces make it more difficult to see over or around someone even if we are all standing!!

I love cheering and excitment at the games..... I just want to be able to see what everyone is cheering about without having to stand on my tip toes the whole game! My kids like to see too! which is next to impossible when everyone stands all the time.

I wouldn't throw my hat though.

Back