What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon at Arizona

If Georgia gets to the SEC Title Game (need Tennessee to lose a game), I think they beat LSU. If that happens, it will get even more interesting.

Now that the Ducks have been beaten this opens the way to a rematch between OU and LSU, because there is no way that KU will get past Mizzou or Oklahoma. :thumbsup:
I actually have always liked OU and their fans. If CU were swallowed by the earth or, actually, taken by God to heaven because he missed us, I would probably even think about letting my son consider matriculating there!

Wow, Tennessee is leading the SEC East?

Yeah, pretty unbelievable huh? It helps that everyone except Georgia and Tennessee have lost at least three conference games.

Georgia is playing like one of the best teams in the country right now. I don't think any top team would want to face them right now.

I actually have always liked OU and their fans. If CU were swallowed by the earth or, actually, taken by God to heaven because he missed us, I would probably even think about letting my son consider matriculating there!

I've never had anything against them either, but then Sooner_Fan shows up and makes me rethink that attitude.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as KU, Mizzou and OU take care of business this week, and OU beats OSU in the Bedlam game, a Big XII team will play of the national title?????

I've never had anything against them either, but then Sooner_Fan shows up and makes me rethink that attitude.
C'mon now, I am even pulling for the Buffs to make it to a bowl game. :thumbsup:

Yeah, pretty unbelievable huh? It helps that everyone except Georgia and Tennessee have lost at least three conference games.

Georgia is playing like one of the best teams in the country right now. I don't think any top team would want to face them right now.

Kentucky gets Georgia this weekend and Tennessee next. They could really **** things up in the SEC with a couple wins.

It really isn't too hard to see a 2 loss team playing in the BCS title game - just imagine this scenario:

11/17 -

West Virginia loses to Cincinnati
Ohio State loses to Michigan

11/22-

Arizona State loses to USC

11/23 -

Hawaii loses to Boise St

11/24 -

Kansas loses to Mizzou
OU loses rivalry game to Okie Light

Conference title games -

LSU loses to Tennessee
Mizzou loses to 2 loss OU team

After all that, there are no undefeated teams left. Kansas, Hawaii and Boise are the only one loss teams (at least that I can think of). #9 Georgia would be the highest ranked team in this week's BCS poll that wouldn't have a loss after that poll came out, would they step over the bodies and make the BCS title game without making the SEC title game? And could they end up playing a one loss Kansas team that didn't even win the Big XII north? (At least they probably wouldn't be coming off a humiliating loss as well, unlike a certain fraud of a team that made the NC game without even winning The Big XII north a few years ago...) USC would have a win over a highly ranked ASU team late. Could they end up back on top of the heap? LSU, OU, Mizzou, Oregon (assuming they don't lose again if Dixon is out), Ohio State, West Virginia, ASU, Georgia, Va Tech (or Virginia), USC, Texass, Clemson, BC, Cincy could all finish with 2 losses. It could be the BCS meltdown of all BCS meltdowns, and it really doesn't require any upsets that are all that far-fetched... :cool:

Last edited:
Kentucky gets Georgia this weekend and Tennessee next. They could really **** things up in the SEC with a couple wins.

It really isn't too hard to see a 2 loss team playing in the BCS title game - just imagine this scenario:

11/17 -

11/22-

11/23 -

Hawaii loses to Boise St

11/24 -

Kansas loses to Mizzou

Conference title games -

LSU loses to Tennessee

After all that, there are no undefeated teams left. Kansas, Hawaii and Boise are the only one loss teams (at least that I can think of). #9 Georgia would be the highest ranked team in this week's BCS poll that wouldn't have a loss after that poll came out, would they step over the bodies and make the BCS title game without making the SEC title game? And could they end up playing a one loss Kansas team that didn't even win the Big XII north? (At least they probably wouldn't be coming off a humiliating loss as well, unlike a certain fraud of a team that made the NC game without even winning The Big XII north a few years ago...) USC would have a win over a highly ranked ASU team late. Could they end up back on top of the heap? LSU, OU, Mizzou, Oregon (assuming they don't lose again if Dixon is out), Ohio State, West Virginia, ASU, Georgia, Va Tech, USC, Texass, Virginia, Clemson, BC, Cincy could all finish with 2 losses. It could be the BCS meltdown of all BCS meltdowns, and it really doesn't require any upsets that are all that far-fetched... :cool:

I love it, unsorting this proposed mess would be chaotic and man would the nation be pissed off.

What in the holy hell is wrong with you? :smile2:

I've been a little distracted with other things this season so I've not been paying attention to the SEC like I should be. I truly can't stand the guy, but Fulmer's teams usually do well in conference play.

And I agree with your Georgia assessment. I like Richt, and think it'd be good for Georgia to make some serious national noise again. I'm sick of Oklahoma/OSU/Florida/USC/LSU getting all the damn attention.

I've been a little distracted with other things this season so I've not been paying attention to the SEC like I should be. I truly can't stand the guy, but Fulmer's teams usually do well in conference play.

And I agree with your Georgia assessment. I like Richt, and think it'd be good for Georgia to make some serious national noise again. I'm sick of Oklahoma/OSU/Florida/USC/LSU getting all the damn attention.

Georgia is set up to do some major damage next year. They will most likely be a preseason top 5 team and the favorites to win the SEC. Stafford/Moreno is one exciting combo.

The SEC is going to be fun to watch next year. I expect LSU to have a down year, paving the way for Auburn/Bama to fight it out for the West (like it should be:smile2:). LSU should be fighting for third with MSU, while Arkansas (losing McFadden) and Ole Miss will both be horrible.

In the East, Florida will be there. I think South Carolina takes a major step forward next year. I expect Tennessee to have a down year. Kentucky loses Woodson so they'll drop back. Vanderbilt is still Vanderbilt.

C'mon now, I am even pulling for the Buffs to make it to a bowl game. :thumbsup:

I question you motives. You want the Buffs to go bowling because:
A) Nebraska going to a bowl after this season makes you throw up in your mouth?
B) It improves the BCS ranking of OU following your upset in Boulder
C) You actually like CU in spite of your stupid pink tutu post leading up to OU's disappointing performance in Boulder?

I'm going to get this started early:

PLAYOFF. NOW!!!

If there was ever a season that needed it we have found it. I can't say I think anyone really derserves it so you may as well line 'em all up and make them fight for it head to head.

Oregon looked like dogshiot, no emotion , I'm just glad it was arizona not LSU in the champ game beating them like a drum

With the Quack out of the way, the Big XII probably now has 3 teams that control their own destiny to make the MNC game. KU will probably go to #2, assuming they don't screw the pooch against ISU. If they win out, they should be in. If Mizzou beats KU, then OU, that should move them to #2. If OU beats either of them in the conference title game, they are probably in.

Right now, Okie Light probably has the best chance to keep the conference out of the MNC game, if they beat OU and the Sooners go on to beat KU or Mizzou... :huh:

Teams with two losses don't get to play for the mNC. If KU and OU both lost two games then we have a true Cluster **** for the conference. Even an LSU loss would make a mess. The pollsters will jump tOSU and or WVa over a team with two losses.

Ku, Ou, Mu are 3, 4, and 5 respectively. 3 and 5 have to play and the winner plays 4. Unless the pokes get 'em, in which case they'd still play number 4 except they wouldn't be number 4 anymore.

Unless the pigoen hole has the same diameter of the Hindenburg.

Seriously, this is huge for KU, the table is set, they just need to finish it off.

BTW, the spread option is fun to watch with a guy like Tuitama, Dixon or White running it. IMO it is the wave of the future in CFB. The WCO is dead.

No pun intended. :lol:

No pun intended. :lol:

Too late here he comes!

2___.jpg

11/17 -

11/22-

11/23 -

Hawaii loses to Boise St

11/24 -

Kansas loses to Mizzou

Conference title games -

LSU loses to Tennessee

Georgia would probably be #1, VT #2, USC #3, UF#4, UT#5. All those guys have two losses now and by then. You'd think that KU, only losing to MU, would still be in there somewhere at one loss along with one loss Hawaii.

Under that scenario ND might make a bowl game afterall. :lol:

Last edited:
Teams with two losses don't get to play for the mNC.

Georgia would probably be #1, VT #2, USC #3, UF#4, UT#5. All those guys have two losses now and by then. You'd think that KU, only losing to MU, would still be in there somewhere at one loss along with one loss Hawaii.

So you are saying that in some cases a team with two losses could get to play for the mNC?? :smile2:

So you are saying that in some cases a team with two losses could get to play for the mNC?? :smile2:

No, I am saying that you never included what would happen to VT, USC, UF, UT, UVa, or Clemson in your scenario. All have two losses. In fact only KU, LSU, Hawaii and OU have less losses.

I can see KU losing to MU and staying in the top 5 depending on how close the loss is. I dont think MU spanks them. Might even set up KU OU for the mNC

Then MU beating OU and Uga beating LSU would move KU back into mNC game with one loss probably playing LSU or UGA.

I think LSU survives and plays either OU or KU for all the marbles.

Then MU beating OU and Uga beating LSU would move KU back into mNC game with one loss probably playing LSU or UGA.

And LSU or UGA at that point would have two losses. So you are saying a two loss team could play for the mNC. :smile2:

And LSU or UGA at that point would have two losses. So you are saying a two loss team could play for the mNC. :smile2:

I guess the answer, in terms of this year, could be yes. There are just too many two loss teams that are still ranked.

Last edited:
Teams with two losses don't get to play for the mNC. If KU and OU both lost two games then we have a true Cluster **** for the conference. Even an LSU loss would make a mess. The pollsters will jump tOSU and or WVa over a team with two losses.

Ku, Ou, Mu are 3, 4, and 5 respectively. 3 and 5 have to play and the winner plays 4. Unless the pokes get 'em, in which case they'd still play number 4 except they wouldn't be number 4 anymore.

What if K-State beats Mizzou, Mizzou beats Kansas, then Kansas beats OU?

Back