What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 11/26 - 11/ 30

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Well here we go, last week of the regular season, last chance for some schools to get into a bowl, last chance for others to finish disappointing seasons on a high note. Sit back, load up on the turkey sandwiches and left over punch and enjoy.

Some should be looking forward to it. After this week some schools like Rutgers and Massachusetts can pretend like college football doesn’t exist for a few months.

Even our neighbors the fuskers are looking forward to not being embarrassed on almost a weekly basis (except by their wives/sisters at the weekly buffett at the Grange Hall.) One more beating by Iowa and the season comes to a close.

Tuesday we get our weekly dose of MAC football with nothing notable. Thursday former head coach Mike MacIntyre gets to watch his team play someone else hoping for the postseason berth he won’t get. Ole Miss (4-7) visits rival Mississippi State (5-6) with the later hoping to gain bowl eligibility.

Friday we have a solid slate including some solid rivalry games.

Biggest game of the day is probably (19) Cincinnati at (18) Memphis, a game between 10-1 teams that is likely for the G5 spot in the big six bowl games. The only other legitimate contender is (20) Boise who gets to beat up CSU (4-7) then play a conference championship opponent that won’t move them up.

Friday we get what should be two great in-state rivalry games. Virginia (8-3) host Virginia Tech (8-3), pretty sure I know what @hokiehead will be watching.

In the PAC the Apple Bowl is usually worth watching even when the teams aren’t evenly matched this year both Washington and Washington State are at 6-5 so more than just bragging rights are on the line in Seattle.

Last chance, last opportunity this year to see the fuskers get curb stomped and sent home with tear stains (mix well with mustard, cheap beer, runza juice, tobacco spittle “some from their girlfriends,” twinkie cream, and meth dust stains) on their red polyester fusker jackets endorsed on the radio by Dr. Tom’s assistant. Iowa has soundly beaten them repeatedly in recent years and the fuskers needing this game for their bowl hopes won’t matter. Watch their fans get excited after when they get invited to some mediocre bowl despite being only 5-7. Another chance to lose a game on the road but it beats being in Nebraska.

Saturday has a couple games with major playoff implications.

In the SEC (5) Alabama is hoping a victory over (15) Auburn will give them the credibility to claim a spot in the top four. They need to actually beat Auburn first and this game has been unpredictable sometimes in the past.

A team that should be solidly in is (2) Ohio State but (13) Michigan would love to finally get a win in this huge rivalry and deny them. This game could also be of huge importance to Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh who while at Michigan has mostly failed at beating the big rivals like Ohio State. Some of the fans are already calling for his head, lose this one and those calls will get louder.

Another big game in the B1G has (10) Minnesota hosting (12) Wisconsin and hoping to keep their dream season rolling.

In the B12 we have (9) Oklahoma at (21) Oklahoma State.

If you like really bad football the Garbage Game of the Week brings Rice (2-9) to UTEP (1-10.) At least one of those terrible teams gets to end the season with a win.

Locally Boise visiting to give CSU their annual beat down has already been mentioned. In a big game for bowl positioning Wyoming (7-4) will attempt to thaw out from last week in time for their visit to Air Force (9-2.)

Northern Colorado finished their season and will have a new coach next year.

In the D2 playoffs after winning last week Pueblo travels to regional top rank Minnesota State while Mines host Texas A&M Commerce.

Last edited:
things_not_around_the_last_time_uva_beat_vt.png

They're due, tbh

The Egg Bowl is always intense and the Territorial Cup is the most under underrated rivalry nationally.

Many of the in-state and regional rivalries are very intense but don't get the notoriety nationally. Egg Bowl, USC-Clemson, Civil War, BYU-Utah, Minnesota-Wisconsin, etc.
Many times these games are emotionally charged enough that the record coming in or the other factors that go into picking a favorite matter a lot less. For the teams involved getting a win over the "rival" can take the sting out of an otherwise less than successful season.

Mines tix are $15 and the weather looks like playoff football weather. I would really like to make that game happen.

Last edited:
No, I'm just saying that calling out army - navy as the best rivalry game is like announcing that the sun rises in the east.
I think you are being a bit harsh. Many folks would dismiss it because neither is a traditional power anymore despite the history. It is a subset of people that recognize it as a great rivalry game.

I think you are being a bit harsh. Many folks would dismiss it because neither is a traditional power anymore despite the history. It is a subset of people that recognize it as a great rivalry game.
Agree with you.

The game itself tends to be a very good game most years but neither team is a P5 team and the game doesn't have much impact on the overall outcome of the season.

What makes it special is the military aspect, the players who are moving on to being the leaders of our nations defense.

Along with that is the pomp and circumstance, the uniforms, the marching in and out in formation, the cheers, etc.

That stuff is great and makes for a unique experience but others may prefer a game with a lot more on the line each year like UGA-Florida or the Iron Bowl. Games like Ohio State - Michigan can also claim history and a unique experience.

I'd love to see and Army-Navy game having seen both play at the AFA. This though is one of those questions where just because some people lock it in as the greatest doesn't mean others who disagree are wrong.

"Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land"

I don't usually get this excited for the UVA game. But then, I'm still a bit shocked we're playing for the Division.

And Wisconsin is as well.

I'll take a shot each at Clemson and OSU. Expectations at zero, nothing to lose.

Back