What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 12/2 - 12/3

TCU will still be 3rd. They have 1 loss against in their CCG against a top 10 team while tOSU got blown out at home. Plus the committee won't want to have a Michigan-tOSU rematch.
tOSU is almost certainly in as #4.

The real question is how do they compare against #5 after SC choked, that would be Bama.

TCU has only one loss (to a ranked team that they had beaten earlier in the season) in OT of a Championship game.

Bama has two losses, and their most impressive win was a one point over the #20 team.

If Bama gets in then what credibility the system still has is completely gone.

TCU should be #3 but if it were close they would probably still do it because they don't want a rematch of tOSU/Mich in the first round. This way it will be Mich/TCU and UGA/tOSU.

Stop. TCU is the easy choice.
The criteria is best team. Things such as power ratings, SOR, SOS, GC usually tell us that. Maybe TCU gets in. I don’t Think they would be favored over Bama. They beat KSU once that’s in their favor.

The criteria is best team. Things such as power ratings, SOR, SOS, GC usually tell us that. Maybe TCU gets in. I don’t Think they would be favored over Bama. They beat KSU once that’s in their favor.
Best team is subjective. Body of work is quantifiable.

Can argue that at this point in time Utah would beat Bama but their body of work doesn't justify a playoff spot, neither does Bama's.

Best team is subjective. Body of work is quantifiable.

Can argue that at this point in time Utah would beat Bama but their body of work doesn't justify a playoff spot, neither does Bama's.
Best is in the charter for a reason. There are ways to quantify it. Maybe TCU is a slam dunk. I don’t think so.

Bama's 2 losses without any high quality wins is what will keep them out. If Bama had these same 2 close losses to good teams plus 2 top 10 wins then we'd have a serious debate on our hands but that's obviously not the case.

tOSU is almost certainly in as #4.

The real question is how do they compare against #5 after SC choked, that would be Bama.

TCU has only one loss (to a ranked team that they had beaten earlier in the season) in OT of a Championship game.

Bama has two losses, and their most impressive win was a one point over the #20 team.

If Bama gets in then what credibility the system still has is completely gone.

TCU should be #3 but if it were close they would probably still do it because they don't want a rematch of tOSU/Mich in the first round. This way it will be Mich/TCU and UGA/tOSU.
TCU didn't beat anyone though. Lots of come from behind wins, good solid team.
But Utah beats them all day long in head to head. We'll never know. Time to expand this playoff crap.

Meanwhile UGA rotating in depth guys on the OL and still dominating the LOS.

Can't convince me that there aren't a couple of RSFr. or Soph guys on that UGA roster who are behind a young guy and have already been recruited over who aren't still better than any guy we have on the LOS. Need to work the portal hard just to get our talent level respectable

maybe we can get some of their D players too-- i don't want to see them gutted and i hope they build on what is in place... but, damn, there are some guys who start right now.

maybe we can get some of their D players too-- i don't want to see them gutted and i hope they build on what is in place... but, damn, there are some guys who start right now.
Could probably make the same statement for every position group and applying it to every team in the top 10.

Last year we lost a few players to top 20 type teams. This year looking at the team we put on the field hard to see a single player who would break the two deep much less start for a top 20 team.

Could probably make the same statement for every position group and applying it to every team in the top 10.

Last year we lost a few players to top 20 type teams. This year looking at the team we put on the field hard to see a single player who would break the two deep much less start for a top 20 team.
not quite the same... gutting our enemies is justice. gutting a swac team is bullying. i bet he leaves a very solid core of guys there. of course he is going to bring his own kids and such.

not quite the same... gutting our enemies is justice. gutting a swac team is bullying. i bet he leaves a very solid core of guys there. of course he is going to bring his own kids and such.
Actually I was referring to schools like Georgia, Michigan, etc.

Schools that have 85 guys on scholarship and their numbers 80-85 are more talented that almost every player we have on our roster.

More good news today.

Mines hammered Angelo State (getting revenge for one of their 2 losses early this season) 42-24.

It appears that next week they will play Ferris State who upset Grand Valley (their other loss this season.)

Mines has scored 45, 48, and 42 in consecutive games

I’ll take TCU at 4 setting up OSU vs Michigan rematch in semis. UGA will be tall order for Frogs. Expect double digit line.

It would be a real miscarriage if TCU is not in. They should not take a 2 loss team over TCU.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. OSU

That is how I see it.

Likely how it shakes out. Like I said last night, the committee's job is pretty easy this year. There is no controversy whatsoever.

Back