What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/14 - 9/16

Does anyone actually think this is a top 10 Alabama team? They look like an 8-4 kind of squad
They still have a lot of talent but they are missing at QB and a couple of other key positions.

The are probably still talented enough to be right on the edge of the top 10 but they aren't the Bama that a lot of the voters automatically vote for.

Are we seeing the end of the Saban era. It isn't like they are a bad team but they need to fix some things and he isn't automatically getting some of the recruits he is used to.

They still have a lot of talent but they are missing at QB and a couple of other key positions.

The are probably still talented enough to be right on the edge of the top 10 but they aren't the Bama that a lot of the voters automatically vote for.

Are we seeing the end of the Saban era. It isn't like they are a bad team but they need to fix some things and he isn't automatically getting some of the recruits he is used to.
You're under estimating the QB position. If this is the QB play they are going to get, they are closer to dropping out of the AP than they are top 10 ranking.

Quick update on the small schools.

Mines slipped by Adams State 70-7. With all the national media in town would have been good for Mines to run some of them down to see the game before tonight's Buffs game.

Mesa won on the road in Rapid City against SD Mines 38-30

Huge win for Western Colorado going into Pueblo and winning 30-14

You're under estimating the QB position. If this is the QB play they are going to get, they are closer to dropping out of the AP than they are top 10 ranking.
It isn't as if they don't have QBs, their QBs haven't been playing to expectation.

The guys they have aren't there by accident. Alabama doesn't recruit players who aren't expected to perform at the highest level. They just aren't getting that right now.

Get even decent QB play and they have enough talent to beat a lot of teams. What they won't though is the kind of QB play that makes a team elite, there is a big difference between being a top 10-12 team and being a top 4-5 team.

They should probably drop to the 15-20 range, even with a win, if the rankings were serious, but they’ll get the botd and remain top 10
The team actually needs Milroe at QB. He at least gives you a deadly threat with his legs. These other guys are staues, and the line and receivers look to be about two steps down from past Bama teams.

It isn't as if they don't have QBs, their QBs haven't been playing to expectation.

The guys they have aren't there by accident. Alabama doesn't recruit players who aren't expected to perform at the highest level. They just aren't getting that right now.

Get even decent QB play and they have enough talent to beat a lot of teams. What they won't though is the kind of QB play that makes a team elite, there is a big difference between being a top 10-12 team and being a top 4-5 team.
10-23 for 84 yds is more serious than not living up to expectations. This is a USF squad that gave up 41 pts to W Kentucky. Bama has great athleticism and a D that will keep them in games but they don’t belong in the rankings based on games played this year.

i’m pulling for UF over UT because it benefits the Buffs. I‘m explaining to my kids that UF lost to a future opponent of the Buffs and I want teams ranked ahead of us to lose

La Gringita: ”I want Tennessee to win cuz that’s where Taylor Swift is from.”

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

i’m pulling for UF over UT because it benefits the Buffs. I‘m explaining to my kids that UF lost to a future opponent of the Buffs and I want teams ranked ahead of us to lose

La Gringita: ”I want Tennessee to win cuz that’s where Taylor Swift is from.”

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office
Who is bigger right now…t.Swift or Prime?

Is Texas about to lose to Wyoming????
We have two really good MWC teams here locally. Air Force boatraced a Utah State team who beat them last year Friday night. They have a schedule that sets them up for another 10 win year.

Wyoming is very good. Bohl is a hell of a coach. Those kids believe in him. Texas wore them down, but they acquitted themselves very well last night. I don't know if they'll lose another game this year.

Back