What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 15 (plus rankings)

Duke survives, tough ending for Maryland there, they had a chance to win that and couldn't get get the basket in.

What an end to the Syracuse - NC State game. Cuse steals an inbounds pass and races coast-to-coast for the 1 pt win.

Wow! Nubb about to beat MSU ... in East Lansing. :wow:

Miles is improving Nebraska. I don't remotely follow them but with him + that new arena, now is the time for Nebraska basketball to improve if there ever was a time.
True that. Keep a third eye on Husker Basketball and Coach Miles. He is something special.

True that. Keep a third eye on Husker Basketball and Coach Miles. He is something special.

I'm sure I'll be excoriated on the board for posting this (you may have to look up that word :lol:) ... but props to the Fuskers for knocking off Sparty at their place. Especially since it keeps Michigan all alone in 1st despite getting beat at home by Wisky. :thumbsup:

It's pretty remarkable Nebraska has never won a Big Dance game (and only been there 6 times). It makes CU's history look impressive in comparison. Outside of Northwestern, Nebraska has the most unimpressive Dance history of any team in a major conference.

I knew that Miles was getting in a little over his head at kNU, but it looks like he is finally putting it together. They could be dangerous very soon. Also, that arena of theirs is gorgeous.

Hey Carolina, you should check the prices for UVA/Cuse tickets. Unbelievable

Lowest I see on Stubhub is $234 but they go up in a hurry after that :wow:. What do tickets at JPJ typically go for on the secondary market, do you know?

On a related note, that's a rather odd seating layout.

Lowest I see on Stubhub is $234 but they go up in a hurry after that :wow:. What do tickets at JPJ typically go for on the secondary market, do you know?

Someone paid $1629. Never seen anything like it, this outdoes all of the big Duke and UNC visits over the years, by far.

I only scalped once at JPJ, but have a friend who does regularly. According to him, historically typical at JPJ is $20 - $25 for a non-Duke/non-UNC ACC game (Virginia Tech games actually go cheaper to UVA fans :huh:). Non-conf games can be had for a song.

Duke or UNC is tougher, plan on paying $60+ each and holding out for a while.

I only scalped once at JPJ, but have a friend who does regularly. According to him, historically typical at JPJ is $20 - $25 for a non-Duke/non-UNC ACC game (Virginia Tech games actually go cheaper to UVA fans :huh:). Non-conf games can be had for a song.

Duke or UNC is tougher, plan on paying $60+ each and holding out for a while.

that's about right, but that's also recent times when UVA has been mediocre. Demand is going way up due to the success they're enjoying now. A blue blood like Cuse arriving to face UVA for the ACC title is the makings of a perfect storm. Assuming they don't epically fail in Blacksburg tomorrow (nothing would shock me regarding UVA).

Once Duke beats Syracuse on Saturday, UVA will be alone in 1st in the ACC. Cuse has looked like **** lately, a loss was overdue.
Should've lost to NC St, didn't think they'd lose to BC at the Carrier Dome, but not really shocked, going undefeated is pretty difficult.

You don't see many teams like UNLV had, they would of wrecked this Syracuse team. They were nasty.

And here goes zona

Nick Johnson was 1/18 from 3 since Ashley went down. Zona just doesn't have the shooters to be a legit national title contender anymore, but they can still have their nights. Utah never falls apart easily though, so hard to put away.

Nick Johnson was 1/18 from 3 since Ashley went down. Zona just doesn't have the shooters to be a legit national title contender anymore, but they can still have their nights. Utah never falls apart easily though, so hard to put away.
I think Utah might be our hardest remaining game.

Hard to say which road game is toughest. Cal and Stanford are certainly more talented, but Utah is clearly the most scrappy. Both Cal and Furd have games where they just don't show up and others where they're fantastic. Utah brings the fight every damn time. And something about CU has Utah's attention. It's been clear for over a year now that they have us targeted.

Once Duke beats Syracuse on Saturday, UVA will be alone in 1st in the ACC. Cuse has looked like **** lately, a loss was overdue.

You knew a loss was coming but the last place I expected it was against BC, at home no less. They'll drop one if not both of the games at Duke and at UVA. Terrible night for Fair despite scoring 20 and you this game also shows how much Cooney is a big part of their offense and when he's off they struggle. BC also got very hot from 3-point range in the 2nd half.

Utah is definitely tough, but I think Stanford is our hardest game. We probably won't see a lot of transition opportunities against them and we all know what happens in our half court offense.

Back