What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games week of 10/12-10/16

If the choice is:

-KD for several more years

or

-KD for JW and we hope Wilcox un****s his mess which is mostly hiring awful OCs

I'll take my chances with Wilcox

The way Cristobal's going at Oregon he might be unemployed in the not too distant future. They're going to drop another game.

Both of these offenses are hit or miss. They have some quality talent out there that can produce when they connect.

Our offense is miss or miss. Only question is how will we fail.

The only good talent Syracuse has on offense is Tucker

The only good talent Syracuse has on offense is Tucker
Shrader is a good running QB. As a passer though he is too inconsistent. They have some speed on the outside and the running game with Tucker and Shrader can open guys up but then the question is can he hit the open man and if he does will the ball be caught.

The potential is there for big plays but they make too many unforced errors to be consistent.

Shrader is a good running QB. As a passer though he is too inconsistent. They have some speed on the outside and the running game with Tucker and Shrader can open guys up but then the question is can he hit the open man and if he does will the ball be caught.

The potential is there for big plays but they make too many unforced errors to be consistent.
Shrader has a funky delivery. Reminds me of Tebow. The question for me is how did Clemson go from title game participant to what I saw last night? And I ask again...how does TAM beat both CU and Alabama by the same margin?

Minnesota up on Nebraska.

Typical Frost team. Lack of discipline, unforced errors, penalties all putting them in tough situations.

Meanwhile they don't adapt. Start a possession with a false start putting them into 1st and 15. They then predictably go into an option formation and try to run the option for no gain. Quickly they are in 2nd and 15 and they aren't equipped to deal with that. Two ugly pass plays and they are punting.

Minnesota up on ****braska.

Typical Frost team. Lack of discipline, unforced errors, penalties all putting them in tough situations.

Meanwhile they don't adapt. Start a possession with a false start putting them into 1st and 15. They then predictably go into an option formation and try to run the option for no gain. Quickly they are in 2nd and 15 and they aren't equipped to deal with that. Two ugly pass plays and they are punting.
Our recruiting would improve immensely if we simply offered every HS OL Fleck & Co. offer. Even the cast offs would be fine. Those dudes are beasts. Stout, strong, and fundamentally brilliant.

Imagine having Fleck in Boulder. May not have top tier talent but Tough, disciplined, fundamentally sound teams. And an identity he brings wherever he goes.

Maybe but he has them in the top 10 with a top 5 recruiting class. That would be a pretty gutsy firing if they pulled the trigger.

There's so much Nike money up there that top 5 recruiting classes and top 10 rankings should be the expectation. I guarantee you they take at least one more inexplicable loss.

There's so much Nike money up there that top 5 recruiting classes and top 10 rankings should be the expectation. I guarantee you they take at least one more inexplicable loss.
As Duff says, they’re not firing him. They would be Nebraska level stupid if they did.

Imagine having Fleck in Boulder. May not have top tier talent but Tough, disciplined, fundamentally sound teams. And an identity he brings wherever he goes.
If there was a way to do it, I'd offer a top 10 contract to get Fleck to Boulder. I find him personally annoying and cringeworthy most of the time - but I give zero fvcks about that. He's schematically smart, makes great in-game adjustments, and is very self-aware that he's not for everyone so he's very strategic in his coaching hires & recruiting to fit his culture.

He's not getting the same talent as Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin but they are getting getting guys who are talented.

Part of that is that unlike a certain former NFL WR coach they work hard at recruting. They identify quality players and go after them hard.

And they are solid proof that having a staff that recruits hard doesn't mean that they don't coach as well. This idea that having assistants who recruit well means they can't coach and develop players is a pathetic excuse to cover incompetence and not caring.

Back