What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/13-10/15

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Why is it that when Buff fans finally get to have fun again the season just flies by?

Not the best week of other games but a few interesting ones.

Top 25 match-ups
#1 Alabama travels to still #9 despite losing last week following some less than inspiring wins Tennessee. Food Cart gets his second loss in a row but somehow the voters will figure out a way to only drop them a couple spots.

#2 Ohio State visits #8 Wisconsin in what could be one of the Buckeyes tougher test of the year.

And in the battle of "What does it take for an SEC team not to be ranked?" 3-2 #12 Ole Miss plays at 4-2 #22 Arkansas.

Some other good games involving at least one ranked team
#16 Miami host 4-2 North Carolina. Miami thinks they are back, this game could just be a set back
#14 and stumbling Florida State gets the 5-1 Deacons of Wake Forest, who is or isn't for real?
#19 and 3-2 Oklahoma gets 3-2 Kansas State. Kitties have struggled this year but old man Snyder can still coach. Can Stoops get another week with the pressure off or do Sooners fans get to respond to an upset loss.

A couple games that could be huge blowouts
#13 Houston saw their major bowl hopes crumble in a big loss last week. They could take their frustrations out on a 4-1 and pretty good Tulsa team that doesn't have close to their talent.

Closer to home injury riddled and not very good to start with CSU gets to go play #15 and hoping for that major bowl Boise. Does Boise try to make a statement to the voters by lighting up the scoreboard. The point spread is around 30, might want to add another zero to it.

In the PAC12 Stanford gets a chance to take out some frustrations on a Notre Dame team than can only be described as bad.

With UDub on a bye the rest of the PAC slate lacks a lot of interest.

Locally AFA gets a chance to get back on track against New Mexico.

Northern Colorado should get back on the winning track traveling to 1-5 Cal Davis.

In the small colleges
In what should be a good game Colorado Mines host 5-1 South Dakota Mines
Colorado Mesa coming off their first loss of the season host Dixie State

I think secretly decent Indiana has a real shot at Nebraska and that's not just my hate talking. They have a solid defense and Kevin Wilson is a good offensive minded coach. Just gotta stop those damn turnovers.

The line dropped from 8 to 3 pretty quickly. Go Hoosiers ^_^

I think secretly decent Indiana has a real shot at Nebraska and that's not just my hate talking. They have a solid defense and Kevin Wilson is a good offensive minded coach. Just gotta stop those damn turnovers.

The line dropped from 8 to 3 pretty quickly. Go Hoosiers ^_^

Good catch, I had meant to put that one in but missed adding it.

Never a bad day when the fuskers lose. They could do so this weekend.

Always makes the weekend better when Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas, BYU, or the overrated SEC teams take a loss.

Why the hell is a college named Dixie State in Utah, anyway?

You'd think Dixie State would be in Alabama or Mississippi. You know, in Dixie.

I could think of some alternative, Utah-specific names for Dixie State, but it's such low-hanging fruit, I'll not stoop that low.

I could think of some alternative, Utah-specific names for Dixie State, but it's such low-hanging fruit, I'll not stoop that low.

Had to call it Dixie State. Couldn't get enough marching band members to spell out Redneck State.

That area of Utah (St. George) is known as "Utah's Dixie".

I think Low Hanging Fruit State sounds nice.

Tonight was supposed to be Navy at East Carolina but it was postponed due to hurricane impacts for those wondering about the Thursday night game(s.)

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/10/florida-lsu_game_rescheduled_f.html

Florida/LSU makeup game Nov 19 in Baton Rouge. Man, Sparkles must be spitting fire.
Florida AD Jeremy Foley indicated he was not happy with the final resolution.
"We made this decision to play the game in Baton Rouge," Foley said. "The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions. The Southeastern Conference offered some other solutions and the LSU administration made it clear that they were unwilling to consider other reasonable options."
Wow. That's pretty strong stuff right there. You don't typically see that type of dirty laundry out in the public.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/10/florida-lsu_game_rescheduled_f.html

Florida/LSU makeup game Nov 19 in Baton Rouge. Man, Sparkles must be spitting fire.
Wow. That's pretty strong stuff right there. You don't typically see that type of dirty laundry out in the public.

What Florida probably hates the most is taking a cupcake off their schedule. They had projected Presbyterian as an easy win and now they have to play somebody with a pulse on the road.

In the long run it may be to Florida's advantage. They get the road game with LSU this time while LSU is struggling. Then they get the next two at home in Gainsville. Still being an SEC school they are going to whine, that's what they do.

These 2 schools have been going back and forth about a solution since even before it was cancelled last week. In the end Florida loses 2 games while LSU loses none. The trade-off is that LSU will travel to Gainesville the next 2 seasons

Everything I've read about the LSU/UF situation is that LSU was trying to do everything they could to play the game on the scheduled day, or possibly that Sunday or Monday. They even offered to have the game in BR and said they wouldn't allow fans to be in the stadium. UF decided to cancel the game originally, before the storm even hit, and LSU wanted them to wait to cancel it until they saw exactly how much damage it was going to do... which ended up being negligible (was like 80 degrees and sunny on game day)...

Remember when Kinney got tackled and it was just running into the kicker. Such a dumb thing to separate into two different rules that all comes down to interpretation.

Louisville just put up a window dressing TD but they are not a top 10 team based on last week and this game.

I think they might be top 10. Losing 42-36 at Clemson did more to prove to me that Louisville is decent than harm them, in my eyes. Clemson is a playoff team, IMO. Tonight was bad, but voters will see a 10 point win and chalk it up to Louisville being hungover at losing the right to control their destiny. @ Houston is the only obstacle in the way of an 11-1 season.

Everything I've read about the LSU/UF situation is that LSU was trying to do everything they could to play the game on the scheduled day, or possibly that Sunday or Monday. They even offered to have the game in BR and said they wouldn't allow fans to be in the stadium. UF decided to cancel the game originally, before the storm even hit, and LSU wanted them to wait to cancel it until they saw exactly how much damage it was going to do... which ended up being negligible (was like 80 degrees and sunny on game day)...

Yea I still don't get why they couldn't play this game as scheduled on Saturday, or least move it to later in the day or play on Sunday. All these other games on Florida or the Southeast were played, with 1 being immediately rescheduled

Miami played at home on Saturday night.
UNC-Charlotte played FAU in Boca Raton (which is in South Florida) in a game that got moved to Sunday
South Carolina moved their game against UGA to Sunday
USF (Tampa) played their game against ECU as scheduled at noon on Saturday.
Tulane at UCF (Orlando) did reschedule their game to Nov. 5th but that game was originally scheduled for Friday night.

Yea I still don't get why they couldn't play this game as scheduled on Saturday, or least move it to later in the day or play on Sunday. All these other games on Florida or the Southeast were played, with 1 being immediately rescheduled

Miami played at home on Saturday night.
UNC-Charlotte played FAU in Boca Raton (which is in South Florida) in a game that got moved to Sunday
South Carolina moved their game against UGA to Sunday
USF (Tampa) played their game against ECU as scheduled at noon on Saturday.
Tulane at UCF (Orlando) did reschedule their game to Nov. 5th but that game was originally scheduled for Friday night.

They probably could have played on Sunday, but models had the North-Central part of the state getting nailed and I'm sure many travel long distance for UF games. Seems in the end Eastern NC got it far worse than anyone with the flooding..

Back