What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/16-11/18

Sooo ... is UCLA @ USC another Nubb @ Pedo State situation? Do we just root for the meteor?

For myself ... I've always enjoyed this series and long before CU joined the Pac 12. And I've always pulled for the Bruins over the Condoms. That being said, the "chippiness" of several of the Bruins players the last couple of years against us has kind of chilled my enthusiasm for them in this rivalry.

Nevertheless ... Go Bruins? :oops:

EDIT: And there's no doubt that this is literally the most colorful rivalry in CFB, what with both teams wearing their traditional (mostly) home unis. IIRC, Skippy and the Crook agreed to petition the NCAA to allow that since it had been a tradition the past, and were successful.
Yes the home team must agree to the other wearing their home uniforms, which they always do. I know they used to charge the away team a timeout if they wore the home uniforms and then the home team would take one to even out the timeout situation.

Last edited:
Trash talking a team who hasn't beaten an FBS opponent this year? Good grief.

Here’s my ‘Cool Story, Bra’

I had the good fortune to land sideline field passes for the KU game in Lawrence in 2006. The visitors bench is in front of the student section. Several vocal students relentlessly heckled the team all game long. I made the mistake of turning to see who were the loudmouths and then also became the subject of ridicule. The insults kept flowing the whole game. According to KU’s fans, we smelled like p****, we were cheaters, we f’ing sucked, and so on and so forth.

The protocol is to just ignore it and keep your back towards the fans. It was obnoxious, obscene, and relentless. Hawkins choking away that game didn’t make any of it more pleasant.

All these years later, seeing these clips of Baker Mayfield stooping to the level of KU obnoxious fans isn’t a good look, but I understand exactly why he did it.

/csb

Here’s my ‘Cool Story, Bra’

I had the good fortune to land sideline field passes for the KU game in Lawrence in 2006. The visitors bench is in front of the student section. Several vocal students relentlessly heckled the team all game long. I made the mistake of turning to see who were the loudmouths and then also became the subject of ridicule. The insults kept flowing the whole game. According to KU’s fans, we smelled like p****, we were cheaters, we f’ing sucked, and so on and so forth.

The protocol is to just ignore it and keep your back towards the fans. It was obnoxious, obscene, and relentless. Hawkins choking away that game didn’t make any of it more pleasant.

All these years later, seeing these clips of Baker Mayfield stooping to the level of KU obnoxious fans isn’t a good look, but I understand exactly why he did it.

/csb
Just got caught up in the emotions of it, happens sometimes. Stupid thing to do but something to learn from.

Utah has got to be totally crushed by that game. They’ve lost 6 of the last 7, some very close. Can they recover (physically & mentally) to give an all-out effort against the Buffs? Will the bowl opportunity be enough motivation? The Buffs should be at their optimum, whatever that is, so we’ve got a decent chance.

Took West Virginia over 7 wins before the season started and then Grier breaks his finger saturday and now I am going to push :sick:

Back