What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/24-11/26

Of course? But the guy dropped the ball and went for it, he couldn't have possibly been able to anticipate that, he was aiming for the chest.

Led with the crown of the helmet and launched. That's really what they're trying to get out of the game, more so than contact up high. It's to protect defensive players as much as the guys on offense.

Led with the crown of the helmet and launched. That's really what they're trying to get out of the game, more so than contact up high. It's to protect defensive players as much as the guys on offense.
You think they call it if he hits his chest?

If this holds up, your Hokies can back into a division title even with a loss to UVA! Woot! :p
I'll take a division championship anyway I can get. sure, would prefer to beat UVA, he'll, would prefer to sweep the conference schedule for that matter. but I'll take it any way I can get it. I'might not counting tomorrow as a win, not the least bit.

Any chance Va Tech can beat Clemson?
Sure. I'd like a shot.

Nice. Houston fails to get points and Memphis goes into half up 34-17.

Yeah still unfortunate though, he was going for the chest and the player dropped down for the ball.
That's a good point. DBs are at such a disadvantage when they have to anticipate what a receiver is going to do once the ball gets there. It throws read and react out the window.

damn, I had some chores to get done. Its not Allfunandgames?
so, done now, time to drink and get ready for a game

Yeah. I've been watching them and rooting for them. Having seen them loose to New Mexico State and Rutgers in the non-conference, I've been shocked at how incredibly bad the MW is and that they got to 7 wins. Davies has done a great job managing games and finding ways. That defense is horrible and he's also trying to juggle two QBs who play completely different games (triple option guy & a pocket passer guy).

The pocket passer guy is of personal interest, which is why I'm paying attention to UNM. This is the QB who Isaac Miller protected in High School.
Interestingly, the NMSU QB's uncle is a close friend and former teammate of mine (also played with his Dad, who's mostly been in prison as an adult)...
So for that reason, I have been keeping especially close tabs on the state of NM this year. I will soon have zero interest again.

My wife's got a roaring hangover and also got her period last night. So like any sensible human, I'm hiding in the man cave watching football, trying to be invisible.

Are you sure even that is safe? Might be a good idea to go over to a buddy's place and get yourself entirely out of a potential blast zone. ;)

Houston scrapping back??
I personally think Herman is overrated. Sumlin and Briles got that train rolling. I think he should stay put 1 maybe 2 more years. Can't blame him though, they all chase that $

Houston scrapping back??
I personally think Herman is overrated. Sumlin and Briles got that train rolling. I think he should stay put 1 maybe 2 more years. Can't blame him though, they all chase that $

Chasing $ would be taking a job like Arkansas. LSU and Texas are jobs you might never get another shot at in your career.

Is this bad football or is it just me? Houston...meh. Memphis' QB mind is somewhere else. Throws outside screen to receiver who doesn't have a blocker (wrong play). starts to run, has open running lane and then stops at LOS to throw to a double covered receiver. How are they winning? Why do I care?

Houston scrapping back??
You're forgetting Tony Levine who he took over for, he slowed that train to a halt.

Yes. And it's total BS that their men's basketball program is probably gonna get off scot-free on that whole scandal

One of the only schools in the nation that throws its football program under the NCAA bus in order to protect its basketball program.

I've liked Carolina since the days of the four corners offense and seeing hot Carolina girls with tar heels on their cheeks.
I grew up to marry a tar heel and she is awesome, therefore UNC is awesome. You may not like the logic, but it has worked for me for over two decades. (y)

Back