What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

Great game to finish off week one. (y)

I am so happy that college football is back! :cool:

So for how many years has Tech had great special teams? Always a standard during the Beamer years

virginia tech's repeated fake injuries should be penalized.

Do you know they're fake? The game's in Tallahassee, right? What are the odds that it's hot and humid and players are cramping up?

So for how many years has Tech had great special teams? Always a standard during the Beamer years
none. we've bee living on reputation - Tech's special teams have been meh for over a decade.

Speed, just how relative is it?

I know the B&G colored glasses and everything, but watching the VT/FSU game, I really don't see the same speed as CU against CSU. I can't believe that CU is faster than VT or FSU, but my eyes are saying something else. Either CU is significantly improved, or relative speed differentials make a big difference in the observation.
Hm. I sat there watching that game wishing CU could generate speed like those teams. Maybe I'm off.

I live in VA and VATech fans are unbearable (admittedly not as bad as when I was here in 99-02). There are very few teams that I want to lose as badly as I want to see VT lose. Florida State is one of them. So yay.

A couple of the comments in here are literally belly-laugh out loud:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...lorida-state-tennessee-check-in-after-week-1/

Kansas -
I wrote quite a bit about Kansas already this week, and you can read it here. I'll say that the saddest thing about the situation isn't that Kansas lost to FCS Nicholls State, it's that nobody was surprised by it.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
San Jose State -
As you've already seen, there were a few FBS teams that lost to FCS opponents this weekend, but San Jose State did it before it was cool. Congratulations, Spartans. You're trendsetters.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Old Dominion* - Liberty is making the transition to FBS this season, and considering Old Dominion just let it go for 595 yards and 52 points against it, the Monarchs better hope Liberty's the best damn transition team in history. If not, this season could get ugly.
* being that I live in the Hampton Roads area makes this even funnier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Back