What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

Any of you experienced the pure joy of seeing thousands of LSU fans in one place at one time? One of life’s highlights.

Not yet but there's a chance I'm gonna go to the Bama game in Baton Rouge. I'll definitely provide a full report if I end up going.

Meanwhile, TD Tigers!

Losing to Nicholls shouldn't happen in year 1. When it happens in year 4, it simply is not working - whatever they're trying to do or trying to recover from.

I do think the talent has been upgraded and I do think they made a home run hire for offensive coordinator when they somehow got Doug Meacham from TCU, but something is beyond broken with that KU program right now.

There is no way you keep a coach if he is 1-35 in conference play in four years (they will be underdogs in every conference game).

You get the feeling Washington and Miami have similar QB issues.
I think that unless you can recruit to a USC level with QBs who are NFL prototypes, a college program has to go with an offense that is less pro style. Got to go with an Air Raid with the easy throws or something based off the Rich Rod zone read (lots of modern permutations of that) or even old school option football. Otherwise, the program is going to suffer too many ups and downs based on whether it has an elite QB or not. And even if you do have that QB, it still may not be the best thing for a college team.

fwiw, this is a thought I've had since Tennessee couldn't win a national championship with Manning at QB but did win a year after him with Tee Martin - who couldn't make any NFL throws with consistency or accuracy.

I think that unless you can recruit to a USC level with QBs who are NFL prototypes, a college program has to go with an offense that is less pro style. Got to go with an Air Raid with the easy throws or something based off the Rich Rod zone read (lots of modern permutations of that) or even old school option football. Otherwise, the program is going to suffer too many ups and downs based on whether it has an elite QB or not. And even if you do have that QB, it still may not be the best thing for a college team.

fwiw, this is a thought I've had since Tennessee couldn't win a national championship with Manning at QB but did win a year after him with Tee Martin - who couldn't make any NFL throws with consistency or accuracy.

I think many college coaches are hindering QBs by forcing them to be pocket passers instead of playing to strengths.

It's a good thing I love college football so much because these rules are getting to be too much. I understand the safety part and all but some of the rules just seem to be over the top and too technical.

For those overreacting to week one for the Pac-12... it's not like the Big 12 and ACC have looked particularly great either.

What was so bad about the ACC's weekend aside from tonight assuming LSU wins?

Louisville did not show up. North Carolina had zero offense against Cal. NC State was pushed by James Madison. Wake needed OT to beat Tulane.

Louisville did not show up. North Carolina had zero offense against Cal. NC State was pushed by James Madison. Wake needed OT to beat Tulane.

Granted UNC was not as bad as last year seemed to indicate due to all their injuries but they're still a middle-pack ACC team at best. Wake meh, they're a bottom tier team and every conference has those but they still managed to win a road game. NC state I'll give you but JMU is #2 in FCS.

Lousville just lost their Heisman winner and went up against Bama who is the gold standard right now.

Have to wonder if Rosier will lose his starting job sooner rather than later. I'm sure we would've seen Perry by now had he not been suspended for this game.

On Saturday morning, the University of Miami announced Redshirt Freshman QB N’Kosi Perrywould not be making the trip to Arlington, TX for the Canes’ season opener vs LSU. Perry will miss the game while serving a suspension for a violation of team rules.

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2018/9/...son-opener-violation-of-team-rules-suspension

General observations about week 1:
I’m already sick of Bama. **** them.

The PAC South looks wide open...we have a shot at it.

Minnesota put up in one game more points than they usually score ina season.

Non P5 teams gave Pedo and MSU all they could handle. Overrated?

Texas! Haha!

The F uckEyes gave up 31 at home against a bad OSU team.

Tennessee looks like a hot mess. So glad we didn’t get food cart.

UW looks like the real deal.

USC gave up 21 pts at home against UNLV...if they play like that against us we’ll hang 45 on them.

Kansas lost to Nichols State at home...why do they still have a football team?

Hawaii’s O looks for real...makes me think it wasn’t a fluke against CSU and maybe they aren’t as bad as we think?

Agree with all these points ... but I question the premise regarding USC, i.e., in what I bolded in your quote above: if they play like that against us...

I fully expect that the Condoms coaching staff will address any issues on defense between now and then ... and I myself will be ecstatic if we beat them by one point.

There was no mention at all of the Buffs on the Pac-12 recap show. What's up with that?

I noticed that also ... only thing I could think of is that they featured the highlights and commentary in today's pregame show, which because of other concerns I didn't tune in to.

So who was that idot in the original post in this thread talking about LSU falling apart and predicting that Miami would blast them. Oh, that was me.

Lesson for you guys, never bet the predictions made as I throw together the new thread each week.

Back