What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outlook for the rest of the season

We always want to say th OL doesn't block. I am in the camp of a good back will get theirs. Feed them the ball, give them a chance to get a groove going and they will make some hay. You have to keep feeding.
This OL coach and playcaller/OC doesn't know how to scheme an offense around a bad OL. Not saying it's easy, but the "blame everything on the bad OL" excuse rings hollow when they are consistently going 4 wide with a 170 lb RB as the only other blocker, or worse, 5 wide with no help.

A run game has to be developed, practiced, worked at constantly and there has to be patience with it during the game. Like their personnel decision during games, the in-game playcalling has immediately gone away from something when it doesn't work.... Except for the Rick Ross package. They keep trotting that thing out there like it's some automatic short yardage pickup package and it never actually works.

Last edited:
I didn't think what happened on Friday could have happened under HCDS.

I was wrong.

And, I still believe. I believe in him. I believe in his vision for this program. I believe we beat UCLA.

The problem is harder than expected, and he's figuring this out.

This OL coach and playcaller/OC doesn't know how to scheme an offense around a bad OL. Not saying it's easy, but the "blame everything on the bad OL" excuse rings hollow when they are consistently going 4 wide with a 170 lb RB as the only other blocker, or worse, 5 wide with no help.

A run game has to be developed, practiced, worked at constantly and there has to be patience with it during the game. Like their personnel decision during games, the in-game playcalling has immediately gone away from something when it doesn't work.... Except for the Rick Ross package. They keep trotting that thing out there like it's some automatic short yardage pickup package and it never actually works.
All things considered, we're 29th in scoring at 34.4 ppg despite playing no real powder puffs. All with what might very well be the worst line in college football.

DT was amazing at JSU. We had one of the most disciplined teams too.

Its going to take time for Prime to change the culture here. He changed it quickly at JSU but at JSU is basically one year scholarships, he can cut players on the fly. This is a lot more difficult.

This is also the negative side of the portal for so many players. Sure, you get some really hungry guys but there is a reason why a lot of these guys were backups and role players at their previously bigger school.

If you look at it, most of our best transfers have been G5 and FCS guys. The good FBS guys cost money. The ones for free are just low motivation jags. I actually think he got better people at CU than JSU in terms of how they respect people and handle school, JSU had a miscast in that area but those boys had heart and they grind their ass off. These are some spoiled bitches in the most respectful of ways.

As I said before, expect 40 new players next year. Easily and all of quality because Deion knows quality costs at this level. It didn't at HBCUs and the cream would raise to the top.

The crazy part is those two issues don't even need Klatt or people with high football IQ to point out. ****ty fans on the Allbuffs pointed them out over and over and over and over and over here. How the coaches were not aware of them is truly scary.
Trust. They don't trust the others to do their job but they also are overreacting. 3 shouldn't have been completely pulled because he slipped.

Need to look at the efficiency, not raw numbers, of which the RBs have been a positive efficiency:

View attachment 66176

Sacks just create too much statistical noise in CFB. PFF summary is RBs are getting solid grades, OL isn't good at run blocking (not a huge surprise) but RBs have been somewhat efficient:

View attachment 66177
We don't have a RB issue. We have a run blocking issue and it's mainly because of the interior OL especially the guards. They are just not the quality at this level. I wish we had Roddick and Brown back from last year.

We don't have a RB issue. We have a run blocking issue and it's mainly because of the interior OL especially the guards. They are just not the quality at this level. I wish we had Roddick and Brown back from last year.
Exactly. I feel like I can count on one hand this season the number of times one of our RBs had hit downhill momentum before dealing with a tackler.

I’m not quite sure how the Kent State RB last year had near 100yards vs Georgia playing with two of our OL we have this year.
Marcellus Marshall (LT) was their best OL I believe and he transferred to UCF. Their C and RG were also RS Seniors, so 5th or maybe even 6th year players (covid year) and both were basically two year starters.

Tank is serviceable but certainly not special, Bailey isn't very good, Savion Washington is solid, maybe even above average, but not special. RG has been a revolving door and obviously Savion being out for a couple weeks has really hurt. I'm wondering just how good Van Wells really is. The dropoff between he and Zalinskas is huge, but that doesn't necessarily mean Wells is a great player.

End of the day, they had a veteran laden OL that had continuity and multiple years in the offense. We certainly need a talent infusion on the OL, but the success of wholesale changes will still rely on how quickly and well they can all come together.

At the beginning of the season, we all knew that DEPTH was a huge problem. We really should have won Friday night, but can anyone really say that 4-3 after 7 games is concerning?

I see it this way. Arizona is a MUST WIN. Somehow ... someway, we will beat one of the remaining 3 ranked teams or WSU. Utah does NOT look like they did last year and we can hang with Wash State, Oregon St, and UCLA.

If we win at least 2 more, this season was a success. Then the depth comes in the next 2 years. Then we expect 9 wins plus.

At the beginning of the season, we all knew that DEPTH was a huge problem. We really should have won Friday night, but can anyone really say that 4-3 after 7 games is concerning?

I see it this way. Arizona is a MUST WIN. Somehow ... someway, we will beat one of the remaining 3 ranked teams or WSU. Utah does NOT look like they did last year and we can hang with Wash State, Oregon St, and UCLA.

If we win at least 2 more, this season was a success. Then the depth comes in the next 2 years. Then we expect 9 wins plus.
4-3 is nothing to sneeze at and a HUGE improvement over recent history. I think why some are mildly concerned (me included), is the complete collapse against a lesser opponent, one that was as close to a gimme as there is in the P12...at home. Coupled with really sloppy undisciplined play, and two squeakers against teams CU should have beaten easily (CSU and ASU) has us wondering. All the teams the rest of the way are playing pretty solid FB. And where fUCLA and Utah are concerned, CU does not necessarily have a talent edge. Two more wins will be harder than most of us like to admit.

Marcellus Marshall (LT) was their best OL I believe and he transferred to UCF. Their C and RG were also RS Seniors, so 5th or maybe even 6th year players (covid year) and both were basically two year starters.

Tank is serviceable but certainly not special, Bailey isn't very good, Savion Washington is solid, maybe even above average, but not special. RG has been a revolving door and obviously Savion being out for a couple weeks has really hurt. I'm wondering just how good Van Wells really is. The dropoff between he and Zalinskas is huge, but that doesn't necessarily mean Wells is a great player.

End of the day, they had a veteran laden OL that had continuity and multiple years in the offense. We certainly need a talent infusion on the OL, but the success of wholesale changes will still rely on how quickly and well they can all come together.
Helps their QB is a pretty good RPO QB even if he's average at best

I'm serious. We might have seen our last win.
feels goooood to take the worst case POV doesnt it......

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Back